The Weather #4 Meteorology moaning

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had torrential rain on Sunday afternoon and Monday morning. Taking advantage of today which, while very windy, is dry. I've already got a load on the line, and planning a second in an hour :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
One thing I fear about winter is the harshness and not being able to dry my clothes as well. Although I think I'm going to be a dehumidifier in advance of Autumn/Winter. I was poorly prepped last year. The increase in bills aren't a big deal as I can wear more layers of clothing and spend time at friends/family's homes, so I can avoid hefty bills.

Reactions: 2
The weather tomorrow here on the south coast looks absolutely horrendous.

Excluding snow, I think we have the lot tomorrow - sun, cloud, rain, hail, thunder, lightning and 40-50mph wind gusts😩😭

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
One thing I fear about winter is the harshness and not being able to dry my clothes as well. Although I think I'm going to be a dehumidifier in advance of Autumn/Winter. I was poorly prepped last year. The increase in bills aren't a big deal as I can wear more layers of clothing and spend time at friends/family's homes, so I can avoid hefty bills.
I got an electric heated airer off Amazon and they aren’t too expensive to run. Depending how big your family is or you’re on your own they’re really good. I got quite a few things on it

Reactions: 1
Fed up with this bloody miserable weather.

Thought when I was pregnant I'd have a wonderful summer getting all my washing dried on the line. Wouldn't need to worry about what coats I fitted in to until late September. Walks daily in the sunshine topping up my tan. Instead I have been using my tumble dryer constantly, I have to wear my old walking coat regularly which makes me look like a 90s grannny and I'm pale as a ghost and regularly come home from nap walks soaking fecking wet. Bah humbug.
---
My tomatoes have given up, there's a pigeon building a nest in one of the trees at the end of the garden, even nature is confused. Where is summer 🤷🏼‍♀️.
I've got about 20 flowers total on my tomato plants. I have 4 growing. One of them was a seedling planted in February and it's barely knee height still.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Fed up with this bloody miserable weather.

Thought when I was pregnant I'd have a wonderful summer getting all my washing dried on the line. Wouldn't need to worry about what coats I fitted in to until late September. Walks daily in the sunshine topping up my tan. Instead I have been using my tumble dryer constantly, I have to wear my old walking coat regularly which makes me look like a 90s grannny and I'm pale as a ghost and regularly come home from nap walks soaking fecking wet. Bah humbug.
---

I've got about 20 flowers total on my tomato plants. I have 4 growing. One of them was a seedling planted in February and it's barely knee height still.
Aww I feel you, was pregnant last year I’m the 40degree heat and moaned! Thought this year with baby would have lovely summer and lovely weather! Nope
Also no plants in garden, nothing has really flowered and grass is just growing due to so much rain with tiniest bit of sun 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I feel the same about the clothes thing - my partner refuses to have any of his clothes tumble dried bar socks and underwear as they ‘shrink’ so it’s a nightmare fighting the tiny airer to dry thick hoodies and joggers that end up sopping wet and stinking once dried🙃 gives me literal anxiety thinking about doing it all over again! Stuck living with the in laws so can’t exactly fit a heated airer or anything in

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Woke up feeling cold in bed despite having been in it 9 hours. Like when you know summer is over and it's late September and you make a mental note to switch from PJ shorts to PJ trousers, and from vest camisole to longsleeve tshirt. It feels like I should be getting out the boots and coats 😂 A few days this past week I have worn sandals and thought this is too cold.

Rain here, such a dull day! Woke up with extreme time of the month pains (I suffer from adenomyosis) so I’ve spent the day lulling in bed. Sorry to be that person but I’m glad it’s not boiling hot today so I can have my hot water bottle on without feeling worse🤣😖

I got an electric heated airer off Amazon and they aren’t too expensive to run. Depending how big your family is or you’re on your own they’re really good. I got quite a few things on it
Might have to have a look at one. My room can be susceptible to mould near the windows, so I might be a dehumidifier to help eliminate that. I also heard that a dehumidifier can help with drying out clothes faster if used in the same room as where the clothes are drying.

Might have to have a look at one. My room can be susceptible to mould near the windows, so I might be a dehumidifier to help eliminate that. I also heard that a dehumidifier can help with drying out clothes faster if used in the same room as where the clothes are drying.
Defo open your windows if you get one it makes a bit of condensation. Yeah my parents use a dehumidifier to try their washing.