The Weather #4 Meteorology moaning

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s the Fail but ooooof I feel sorry for mainland Europe right now.

Meanwhile in the UK we’ve been getting the rain. It certainly (to me) feels like the weather has been more blocky, weeks of heat then lots of rain and wind; I don’t remember it being so patchy when I was a kid. It seems a lot more unpredictable. Didn’t we have a dry February then a wet march, then a hot June and now so far a wet July? I wonder if we will get 40+ this year. I think it might be time to stock the freezer up with icecream, just in case. I think I would perish if we had 45+ here with our humidity.
Ngl I'd take this rain over those kind of temperatures. Truly horrifying.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It was raining very heavily earlier and I got drenched and very cold. I am away for the night with only a light cotton dress on and a jacket. Still prefer this to being very hot though :)

Reactions: 5
It's like November here today its 4pm I've had to puts the lights on its hammering it down with rain really strong winds and im huddled under a blanket trying to stay warm 😅
It really does feel like November right now!

Reactions: 2
I actually quite like this weather. It's about 20 degrees here on the East coast and I think that's just right. Cool enough to be able to walk around and do things without sweating your nuts off but not so cool that you need a jumper etc.

40 degrees is awful and I hated that hot weather we had last year 😬

Reactions: 7
I actually quite like this weather. It's about 20 degrees here on the East coast and I think that's just right. Cool enough to be able to walk around and do things without sweating your nuts off but not so cool that you need a jumper etc.

40 degrees is awful and I hated that hot weather we had last year 😬
Agree, though am abit pissed of with so much rain, and we've had a hose pipe ban for what seems years!
But couldn't cope with the temps abroad, it's currently 18 here, just right!

Reactions: 4
We’ve got really strong winds here, it’s awful! The temperature is alright but you can’t sit in your garden and enjoy it because you’d be blown away 😂 having said that my washing did dry on the line in less than an hour yesterday 😆

Reactions: 3
This summer has been very underwhelming hasn't it. Even by British standards, we are approaching August and we haven't really had a decent summer. It's been on and off, and now we are getting heavy winds, rain, and low 20s.

The festival I was at yesterday was crazy… one minute it was torrential rain/hail/thunder and lightning, then it cleared up and was sunny, then it was torrential rain again, then it was sunny, then it was windy, then it rained again 🙈

Reactions: 1
I am in the North East, today it is really windy but at least it is dry, rain forecast for the rest of the week - more like Autumn than summer

I was tempted with the central heating earlier but I won't crack!

I'd rather this than the temps in aouthern Europe at the min tbh. Our set ups here aren't built to cope with it.

I live in a very old house with very thick walls. In hot weather they store up the heat and let it out gradually over time. It's great and cool for a few days then it becomes like an oven and takes the heat a decent week to dissipate from the structure. It's grim.

• Sad
The festival I was at yesterday was crazy… one minute it was torrential rain/hail/thunder and lightning, then it cleared up and was sunny, then it was torrential rain again, then it was sunny, then it was windy, then it rained again 🙈
Same here, apart from the festival part. I was running errands like going to the shops, going to the tip, and I kept having to wait for the rain to stop before darting back out to do the things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Not a hat person but bought some this year, the sun hat wide brim ones and now wouldn't be without them, so practical, will even keep your hair dry during an unexpected shower :) and getting a big head now, every time I wear at I get at least one person say 'i love your hat' :D

• Heart
Not a hat person but bought some this year, the sun hat wide brim ones and now wouldn't be without them, so practical, will even keep your hair dry during an unexpected shower :) and getting a big head now, every time I wear at I get at least one person say 'i love your hat' :D
I couldn't be without my sun hat either, even on moderately sunny days.👍

Fed up of the weather now, even the forecasts seem to be way off, I looked at several which said a chance of rain around 2pm but from 11am it’s been chucking it all day!
Definitely feels autumnal, bizarre to think it’s July

First bit of warmth for me in the East midlands this afternoon after what feels like 2.5 weeks of rain and overcast skies. I don’t want Europe’s heatwave but some 25 degree sunny days wouldn’t go amiss.

Sick of this now, and the Met office long range forecast into mid/end august predicts more of the same, lots of showers and temps below average 😭 feel like this has been the worst summer in a long time, and I say that every year so every year is getting worse 🤣

Reactions: 6
It seems to be either mega heat wave or decidedly average in the UK. Never a nice sunny 22c all Summer long.

Reactions: 5