The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
-3 this morning bring on Sunday night with a low of a balmy 7 hate this weather

Reactions: 3
-0.1 here. Slight nip but not too bad.

How often do you all put your heating on? We have half hour in the morning, then cooking warms it up at night.

How often do you all put your heating on? We have half hour in the morning, then cooking warms it up at night.
2 to 3 hours in the evening for showers rest of the time we wear big jumpers and use blankets etc our house is really cold but to afraid to have it on anymore than that we don't have smart meters do can't see what we are using

Reactions: 1

I’ve kept mine set at 20c all this week from in the morning until bedtime around 9, I was starting to feel really ill like the beginning of flu and it turned out I was just too cold. My son also has asthma and I noticed he was coughing more. Costing between £10-£15 a day on the smart meter. I do have a decent credit as backup and I’m paying £360 a month so I decided I’m not going to keep feeling ill.
However, we are sleeping in the lounge as it’s the warmest room and have a huge super king size 15tog teddy duvet to share as 20c is the minimum I feel well in.

I got home from work at 5-7am this week and my house has been between 8.7-9.8 degrees so been turning it on. Usually I go to sleep around 8-9am and then when I wake up I turn it off. I usually wake up too hot turn it off and go back to sleep. But my house hasn’t been warmer than 12 degrees this week. I don’t mind it cold and have been staying in bed with my heated blanket on since that’s cheaper.

My time to moan 😂 it is beyond me how anyone loves winter and prefers it to hot weather. Everything takes longer. Have to defrost the car. Have to wear more clothes and then take off the clothes when you go inside and then bundle up again. Can't air dry your washing. Takes an an eternity to get warm after being outside. Everything is just so inefficient 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
-5 and I have workmen here who say just leave that door open for a sec love. Number 1 mice. Number 2 let's all freeze. They told me its too cold for mice, no its not, the cats left me a present yesterday morning. Workman said there's Stuart Little sunbathing, because it was lying dead on its back. Tickled me a little.
I hate the heat more though. It looked like a huge tub of glitter had been poured on my lane this morning, pretty.

Reactions: 2
My house is chilly (not more than 12) but I live near lots of trees and actually my clothes are drying quicker than a few weeks ago when it was raining all the time but a few degrees warmer.

I hate the heat for my dog. I think with the changing energy situation my feelings about cold/heat are changing too.

It's "only" -1 here but feels like -6. It's effin freezing.
I couldn't feel my fingers on the school run, I always forget to wear my gloves!
Screenshot_20221214_090319_Weather.jpg

My boyfriend has insisted on having the heating on a constant 18/19 during the day and 16/17 during the night as he’s paranoid about pipes freezing and bursting. I’m dreading to see our energy bill this month 😭

What tog do you guys use? I was still using my tog from summer. Now I've got a 15 tog from Argos. It makes so much difference.

-9 today. Feels like -11 though. Frosty AF.

What tog do you guys use? I was still using my tog from summer. Now I've got a 15 tog from Argos. It makes so much difference.
I use a 13.5 tog all year round. In the two weeks of hot weather we do get during summer, I just sleep with a blanket.

Reactions: 4
-9 today. Feels like -11 though. Frosty AF.

I use a 13.5 tog all year round. In the two weeks of hot weather we do get during summer, I just sleep with a blanket.
My body is weird. In summer I need cool room to sleep better, but in these temperatures I get really cold at night. There's no In-between ha.

We've opened up the fire place, and will light it later in the afternoon. Untiil then, we are burning candles to heat up the room.

My boyfriend has insisted on having the heating on a constant 18/19 during the day and 16/17 during the night as he’s paranoid about pipes freezing and bursting. I’m dreading to see our energy bill this month 😭
Mines the same he’s an absolute tart when it comes to the cold

• Haha
We just had our boiler replaced and the gas engineer guys said the thermostat has a safety feature where its set to come on if the temperature drops below 5° in the house because the pipes will freeze.

We just had our boiler replaced and the gas engineer guys said the thermostat has a safety feature where its set to come on if the temperature drops below 5° in the house because the pipes will freeze.
We have this on out nest. 4.5 and it will come on no matter what.

Its back up to 12 on monday here! Cant wait 😅

I’m using a 4.5tog. Which is fine for me with a blanket over top and I use my heated blanket to warm but but once I go to sleep usually turn off the heated blanket and the blanket falls off. been having the heating on whilst asleep so my house is warmer once I wake up but it’s never got above around 12 degrees and I still wake up hot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.