The Weather #3 Meteorology moaning

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've found the coolest room in the house (downstairs and has been facing away from the sun most of the day) and it's just about bearable. My bedroom is like a furnace - despite the fact I've had the window shut and the curtains pulled in there all day. I'm dreading going to bed because I know it'll still be as hot in there tonight.

I went for a walk at 8am this morning because I wanted to get some exercise and knew going any later than about 10am wasn't sensible. It was fine in the shade, but even at that time being in the direct sunlight was hot and I still returned to my house all sweaty. I still felt warm after a cool shower!

I know it's fairly short lived and I probably shouldn't moan but I hate the heat.

Reactions: 7
It’s clouded over here. Now feels humid rather than hot. We’ve all got headaches. There’s no air at all. Really feel for anyone with respiratory problems today.

Reactions: 8
It’s cloudy here as well. Even though it’s a whole two degrees lower tomorrow - apparently- it’s still going to be bloody humid.

Reactions: 1
My body just isn’t cut out for this. I seem to over heat and sweat easily. I’m showering twice a day and still feel grubby and get paranoid I smell, despite also using a strong anti perspirant. I’m having to wash my hair every couple of days, whereas I can usually just do it twice a week. My skin suffers too. I have a dehydrated skin type and the sun literally sucks every bit of moisture out of it, so my face feels like a tight mask. I’m getting through copious amounts of hyaluronic acid serum every night.

The heat saps my energy and feel like I can’t do normal day to day things like cleaning and walking. I definitely couldn’t live in a climate where it’s like this all the time.

Reactions: 8
I think today has been the worst one! So muggy! My bleddy dog is a weirdo, he hardly drinks, he's gone nearly all day without drinking, I've just managed to tempt him to drink some water!ll

Reactions: 7
Is anyone else now terrified a fire is going to start where you live? There's been at least 3 fires within 20 miles of me in the last week.
It's not something I've ever thought much about before but I live rurally and all the fields are so dry. I was compulsively watching the combining and baling in nearby fields last week in case the machinery caught fire (the cause of one of the above mentioned fires).
A few fields near me have gone up today. Luckily put out quite quckly but they are so dry the local rag is saying we are in a “tinderbox” situation.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
I think today has been the worst one! So muggy! My bleddy dog is a weirdo, he hardly drinks, he's gone nearly all day without drinking, I've just managed to tempt him to drink some water!ll
My dog just wants to go out and sunbathe. I don't think so! She's a black lab so just absorbs heat. In the winter she loves lying right in front of the fire. You'd think she was a cat.

Reactions: 6
A few fields near me have gone up today. Luckily put out quite quckly but they are so dry the local rag is saying we are in a “tinderbox” situation.
I'm worried about this too. There are fields just across the road with bales in them. All the grass in the area is yellow. :( Rain is forecast for tomorrow but I'm not convinced yet.

Reactions: 4
I’ve caught the sun so bad today even though I had cream on and kept it topped up 😩 it was so hot and clammy today, when we went out earlier we got a notification on our phones from our thermostat to say “inside temperature now above 29c - try to cool the home down” …… WHAT DO YOU THINK IVE TRIED DOING

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
My Monday keeps changing and is now 29 with cloud and thunder. I just know it’s going to be humid, muggy and sweaty. Before I was looking forward to Monday

Reactions: 4
My Monday keeps changing and is now 29 with cloud and thunder. I just know it’s going to be humid, muggy and sweaty. Before I was looking forward to Monday
Same here 😡🥵 Monday can get in the bin, Tue(19c and rainy) is my new best friend! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I live in East Midlands. Tonight is the hottest I’ve felt all week, more humid than anything. Was looking forward to the rain coming tomorrow but now it’s saying warm and cloudy with a potiental thunderstorm, so another horrible day. I’m sure we’ll all be moaning soon when it won’t stop raining 🙈

Reactions: 5
Literally melting just sitting down this evening. And like others, the weather forecast has changed and barely shows storms at all the next few days

Reactions: 6
Forgot to open the windows upstairs so it’s 29.4 in the bedroom 😰

• Wow
There is a nice breeze coming through windows now. Which does feel nice, wish it was a tiny bit cooler though

Reactions: 1
Said it was going to rain tomorrow a few days ago, but now they've changed the forecast to not going to rain. I think here it will rain Wednesday instead, but not lots.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.