The Traitors (Australia Series 2) - SPOILERS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has asked..& I can't remember if this has happened. If all traitors get Banished.. & they are left with just faithfuls do the producers pick another traitor or will the faithfuls never know and still banish until the final? Leaving just faithfuls?

It's not something I've thought about tbh.

Reactions: 2
My husband has asked..& I can't remember if this has happened. If all traitors get Banished.. & they are left with just faithfuls do the producers pick another traitor or will the faithfuls never know and still banish until the final? Leaving just faithfuls?

It's not something I've thought about tbh.
I don't think they'd allow this to happen. In UK season 1 when it was down to one traitor he was told he had to recruit (the new recruit could technically decline but they'd have to leave the game immediately so it's very unlikely they would). This meant that even if the last OG traitor was caught, the new one would still be there.

Reactions: 9
Split or steal has been played out for years and years in various guises and game theory does absolutely say always steal. You can use a version of it as a trust game - if you view it as share would definitely give you a third if you really trust each other totally, whereas steal could lead to nothing, then there is the incentive to build trust.

Reactions: 3
I don't think they'd allow this to happen. In UK season 1 when it was down to one traitor he was told he had to recruit (the new recruit could technically decline but they'd have to leave the game immediately so it's very unlikely they would). This meant that even if the last OG traitor was caught, the new one would still be there.
Thank you @JombleWomble

Reactions: 1
They could have a situation though where they were down to one traitor on the final day and banished them but carried on banishing if they thought another player might be a traitor. That would be interesting to watch.

Reactions: 4
OMG! Just finished binging this season and it was AMAZING!

I desperately did not want Sam to win, I found his personality so grating! I'm so pleased it ended the way it did!
---
OMG binged watched it this evening (just fast forward through all the mission stuff and focused on breakfasts and roundtables). Sam. Urgh. Actually a crazy man? Felt a tad sorry for Blake at the end but I think Sam got a life lesson there!
Yeah for sure! The thing was the trust between all of them was already broken. None of them trusted each other, and it was pretty much guaranteed that Sam would try to steal. Best outcome for the final episode tbh. Felt really bad for Blake though </3

Reactions: 6
Is the split / steal element in the rules for the Uk version - Claudia always says ‘the traitors will steal everything’ it’s always made me think that the traitors would split any money, there was no discussion from Harry etc about splitting / stealing, I actually think it would be such an anticlimax (for the Uk version)! If traitors are there at the end, it’s because they’ve played a good game and deserve it, although I do think the ending was perfect for this particular series purely because of how awful Sam was! I wonder if the producers brought it in as a rule during the game after seeing how it played out, it was obvious Sam would be in the final and that they wouldn’t probably be left with multiple traitors, I think they didn’t want him to win money and also it still gave a reason to watch to the end, I’d already switched off a few episodes before but knowing there was a twist I watched the final, I imagine watching it live when it was on in Australia for the last few episodes the writing was on the wall, the traitors had the majority vote so without the steal / split option and with how stupid the faithfuls were it was obvious a traitor would win.

Reactions: 7
Is the split / steal element in the rules for the Uk version - Claudia always says ‘the traitors will steal everything’ it’s always made me think that the traitors would split any money, there was no discussion from Harry etc about splitting / stealing, I actually think it would be such an anticlimax (for the Uk version)! If traitors are there at the end, it’s because they’ve played a good game and deserve it, although I do think the ending was perfect for this particular series purely because of how awful Sam was! I wonder if the producers brought it in as a rule during the game after seeing how it played out, it was obvious Sam would be in the final and that they wouldn’t probably be left with multiple traitors, I think they didn’t want him to win money and also it still gave a reason to watch to the end, I’d already switched off a few episodes before but knowing there was a twist I watched the final, I imagine watching it live when it was on in Australia for the last few episodes the writing was on the wall, the traitors had the majority vote so without the steal / split option and with how stupid the faithfuls were it was obvious a traitor would win.
Yes but it's never happened before that the ones left are all traitors. Usually it'll be a couple of faithful and a traitor. Once they are satisfied only faithful remain, if there is a traitor among them, they take everything. There's no share or steal needed.

What a bleeping mess that series was 😂

Everything about it. How could they all be so clueless? How was the penny only dropping in the last episode? How do you get to the final episode with only one traitor voted out? Of course there was more than one! Sarah probably still thinks Sam is faithful.

It was definitely more produced than the UK version though. The contestants were obviously told to go for "chats" like it was Love Island. We kept seeing the traitors openly talking about their strategy but in the UK version you had people sneaking around and eavesdropping.

If Sam was like you know what, fair enough, none of us trusted each other and that's how it goes - fine. But his entitlement was something else. Demanding that he should have won the money for working the hardest? Bitching that Camille is "rich" so it was easy for her to steal? She saw right through you, you daft little boy.

How would it work if the final was two traitors and one faithful? Would the traitors automatically split the prize or would they then have to do split or steal?

Reactions: 13
If any traitors are left after all the finalists agree to end the game, the traitor(s) get/share the prize money.

It was clear at the end of the semi final that it was impossible for the last faithful to win so there was no suspense. I suspect that's why they cobbled together the share/steal shenanigans to try to create something exciting for the final.

It didn't work.

Reactions: 9
I finished this last night and omg I don't think I've ever come across anyone as infuriating as Sam on this type of show before! How the hell did he make it all the way through to the final when it was blindingly obvious he was a traitor! Those faithfuls really were such dummies!

I thought when it got to the end with the final three it was really predictable what was going to happen but I am so glad Camille did what she did. Sams reaction was so out of order, he really showed what a knobhead he is, as if we didn't all already know!

Also how the hell did Sarah glide all the way through to the final? It was like the lights were on but nobody was home, she is so dim!

Reactions: 15
They were such dumb dumbs. Am rewatching with husband and it's even more infuriating on second watch. The episode where they banish Simone they all started out saying they were convinced it was Sam and then did a massive switch for good reason. I can see why off the back of that the production company or whoever announced they weren't going to do another one.
---
They were such dumb dumbs. Am rewatching with husband and it's even more infuriating on second watch. The episode where they banish Simone they all started out saying they were convinced it was Sam and then did a massive switch for good reason. I can see why off the back of that the production company or whoever announced they weren't going to do another one.
NO good reason 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Demanding that he should have won the money for working the hardest?
I've heard a few traitors use this logic from various series from different countries and it always annoys me. Sure, it's hard to be a traitor, but it's a hard game to play full stop for everyone, and traitors have such a massive advantage. In fact, I think it's harder to be a faithful; you're certainly less likely to win, you have to avoid two ways of exiting the game and you have to root out traitors. Traitors have only to stay in the game, can't be killed and can bump off anyone they like. And in every game, there are loads of scenes where the faithfuls do the work for them; they turn on each other and all the traitors have to do is not intervene.

I haven't got any patience for a traitor who thinks they worked harder than any faithful, even when the faithfuls are thick.

Reactions: 14
Rodger said that this was the first time in all the countries versions that 3 traitors had been left at the end. So that’s why there was no talk or sharing or stealing in the U.K. one, because there’s never been 3 of them. It wouldn’t have been good viewing for them getting rid of Sarah then them all getting to share the money, it needed a twist 😊

I’ve just finished the final episode.

Camille might not have won any money but she won the show! What a blinder she played. What a clever woman she is.

Sam has misunderstood the game if he thinks the winners should be those that ‘worked the hardest’. It’s a game about lies and manipulation and Camille played it well enough for Sam to believe she was safe to recruit as a traitor and not a threat for him to win the money. More the fool him!

She had a disadvantage being recruited halfway through and after seeing Blake and Sam turn on each other I so get why she couldn’t really trust Blake either. Shame as I would have liked to have seen Blake and Camille banish Sam before the final.

Echo what everyone else said about the dumb dumbs. It got to the stage where the last five or six didn’t deserve to win, so by then I found it less frustrating but more eye rolling and just kept routing for Camille. I wouldn’t have minded Blake either as even though he made the mistake of not getting rid of Sam earlier in the game, he could see Sam for the little tit he was and never trusted him.

Anyway that was the most satisfying ending out of all UK and Aus series!

Reactions: 12
This was interesting, she’s right that if Sam had been banished he would not have gone quietly

---
Actually she has a good few videos on her channel (amongst all the treasure hunting 😂)

Reactions: 6
My head is spinning with the 'what ifs' 😂
But if Camille and Blake had thought to banish Sam (and if he hadn't sang like a canary as he was leaving which he probably would), then when it was just them and Sarah left they, Camille and Blake, would split the money? No need for the steal option?

My head is spinning with the 'what ifs' 😂
But if Camille and Blake had thought to banish Sam (and if he hadn't sang like a canary as he was leaving which he probably would), then when it was just them and Sarah left they, Camille and Blake, would split the money? No need for the steal option?
Yes. Once it's final 3 if any traitors are left they automatically split the money. We only saw share and steal as they all were traitors