The Traitors (Australia Series 2) - SPOILERS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have just finished and oh my god this has to be the worst cast ever! I can’t believe how stupid they all (with the exception of Annabel and Luke and Camille)
were!!! Just in pure shock. Sam genuinely scared me and I would never want to be around him in real life ever he was soooo creepy and not even a good traitor 😭
---
Also sorry to go on a tangent but how is it they could ALL say right we are voting for Sam today, go into the round table and have one person take the lead. “Sam I think you’re a traitor” Sam responds “Actually I think you’re a traitor” and then everyone ends up voting them out!? what was going through their brains!?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
We finished this last night and I rushed here to find you are all thinking the same. Sam could NOT have been more obvious and yet they let him play them like a violin.

We were shouting at the TV every time they said ‘a traitor can murder themselves’ too. Why go on this show if you can’t even understand the rules.

Sarah was like the person it would be the most irritating to share an office with. I did feel sorry for the appalling edit she had but then she would behave so stupidly and I’d stop feeling sorry for her again.

Do you think if Camille and Blake had ditched Sam at the end, they would have trusted each other enough to share?
---
Oh, and what I disliked most about Sam, in a wide range of things, was the way he deliberately spelt names wrong at banishment. From someone else it could have come across as an ironic joke, but from him it just looked like contempt.

Reactions: 15
Just finished watching it, I actually found this series infuriating how stupid the faithfuls (bar annabel and luke) were, they were handed the traitors on a platter. After the banishment where they got rid of Simone I was going to give up because I couldn’t watch Sam win until I googled the end so skipped to the last episode because I HAD to see his and Blake’s face!! In a way I was thinking, any faithfuls that get through and potentially win genuinely don’t deserve it at all!

I found this with both Australian series that it’s more of a pack mentality and no one bar one or two stronger ones seem to have much input they’ll just gk with majority which I suppose is kind of a strategy but I just feel there’s so many faithfuls who go through who have no independent thoughts, no ideas, no input etc. but then I suppose that’s the only thing with the traitors in general is that smart people are going to be murdered and the ones who have no brain cells get to potentially go through to final! so I was actually so pleased that no faithfuls could win because they didn’t deserve it at all! But i was super super happy with Camilles final move at the end!!

did anyone else think that roger (I think that’s the hosts name) seemed annoyed with how the game was playing out for this series?

i feel like they need to do something about the pack mentality thing and try and get more people To be vocal and not vote just because they have the numbers on their side!
---
Also why did no one think it was weird that, one, they’d caught a traitor so early, two, that Sam had brought her name up with no evidence other than trust me and three that he was being so so forceful with it! I would have thought (like Luke and annabel did) that this was really weird behaviour and when she was a traitor how did no one out two and two together and think of he’s fed us one to look like a traitor hunter! I think he got rid of a traitor way too early and I actually think he probably annoyed the producers even with the refusing to take on another traitor!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Oh, and what I disliked most about Sam, in a wide range of things, was the way he deliberately spelt names wrong at banishment. From someone else it could have come across as an ironic joke, but from him it just looked like contempt.
YES! I noticed that too and it was a total power play like "you're so far beneath me I don't care how your name is spelled"

I felt bad in case he was dyslexic but now you've said it too it validates my initial thoughts.

Reactions: 7
Sam had no poker face, he couldn’t keep the smile off his face during banishments when others got voted off - how did no-one see through him.
Glad Ash went early though, why was her tongue constantly out?

HA HA HA HA @ that ending.

"WE WORKED THE HARDEST!" duck you bye.
---
Anyone who thinks Wilf, Paul or Harry got us wound up, REALLY should watch Sam in action. That running up the hill challenge where they sacrificed a silver bar for treats and he took a glass of champagne but then just threw it away because he didn't want it anyway? what was that all about? Bizarre and utterly unhinged.
He's very sociopathic.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Sam had no poker face, he couldn’t keep the smile off his face during banishments when others got voted off - how did no-one see through him.
Glad Ash went early though, why was her tongue constantly out?
He had duper's delight and he couldn't hide it for the LIFE of him. How nobody noticed I'll never know.

Reactions: 10
finally finished it! THE most frustrating thing I've ever watched - the WAY I screamed at Liam, how totally f'ing stupid do you have to be 🤦‍♀️ Also, If anyone dates Sam after seeing that, they need their head examined, it was a masterclass in gaslighting.

The old guy owes Annabel a massive apology for making her cry too saying she was a manipulator - how he was an undercover cop I'll never know, the criminals must have had a field day with him in charge!

I'm SO glad Camille turned the tables at the end, and he STILL blamed everyone but himself. Awful, AWFUL person, even Roger looked like he'd had enough of him by the end. I'm glad thats not the first version of the show I watched or I might not have given the others a chance :LOL:

Reactions: 22
Bloody love Camille , losing still didn’t wipe that smile of the smuggy bastard Sam. He’s not right in the head.

Blake's tears were especially delicious as he remained Sam's witch right until the end.

He knew from the start not to trust Sam. He knew there was only one choice Sam was going to make and that was to steal. And YET still played right into his hands. Rather than trying to get Camille to split it 3 ways (which she already knew Sam would NEVER do) he should have made a point of joining forces to cut Sam out by agreeing with Camille for them both to share, so Sam's steal would be outnumbered and lose out.

Reactions: 8
Blake's tears were especially delicious as he remained Sam's witch right until the end.

He knew from the start not to trust Sam. He knew there was only one choice Sam was going to make and that was to steal. And YET still played right into his hands. Rather than trying to get Camille to split it 3 ways (which she already knew Sam would NEVER do) he should have made a point of joining forces to cut Sam out by agreeing with Camille for them both to share, so Sam's steal would be outnumbered and lose out.
Had they done that, Sam's steal would have overridden their share and Sam would have taken everything.

Reactions: 6
Yep, that wouldn’t have worked. But they could have got Sam out altogether rather than voting for Sarah. I just don’t think there was enough trust for anything at that point.

Sheriff Sam :rolleyes: irritated the hell out of me the very moment he was chosen as a Traitor and did that smug gun-toting action at the table.

Although it's the name of the game and all that to deceive, how he survived until the end is a bit worrying re just how gullible some of us can be. I can't count the number of times so many of the others were totally convinced he was a Traitor, discussed the matter between themselves umpteen times and were 'definitely' voting him out, yet all miraculously changed their minds at the very last moment. That was all a bit weird tbh.

He thought he had it in the bag right up until the very last moment ... oh thank the Lord for Camille! Can't help thinking he'll be the laughing-stock of Australia for a very long time to come - now, THAT is well-deserved. :ROFLMAO: Oh how I cheered.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Australian Traitors - and especially Sam's downfall - and I can't help wondering why it's been cancelled? :(

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel like for both series, the traitors got through to the end / won and the faithfuls just don’t seem to have a game plan other than that they need everyone on board to get the votes on their side! I looked at annabels instagram and was really surprised to see that she had less than 2k followers so maybe it’s not been as big in Australia?

Reactions: 1
Had they done that, Sam's steal would have overridden their share and Sam would have taken everything.
Is there a precedent for this, or are you speculating as I am?
In a game where decisions have been based on the majority vote in every single episode, why would they suddenly let a minority vote override?

Is there a precedent for this, or are you speculating as I am?
In a game where decisions have been based on the majority vote in every single episode, why would they suddenly let a minority vote override?
they said it on the show, all share = share, all steal = nothing, if some wrote share and even one person wrote steal, they would steal the lot

Reactions: 6
they said it on the show, all share = share, all steal = nothing, if some wrote share and even one person wrote steal, they would steal the lot
I heard them say the first part, but maybe I missed the BIB so I'm going to need back up.

If that's the case, it doesn't make any sense why ANYBODY would vote share???? There's no reason to vote share if one person writing steal will win. So why would the game put the option on the table at all to vote share ????

And why would the majority steal rule if Camille alone wrote share (as was implied by the show when both B & S turned their slates around) but a majority share vote wouldn't rule? Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
The rules (as stated on the show)

If all 3 vote to share = the 3 split the pot evenly

If 1 person votes to steal and the other 2 vote to share = the person who votes to steal takes everything.

If 2 people vote to steal and 1 votes to share = the 2 who vote to steal split the pot and the one who votes to share gets nothing.

If all 3 vote to steal = all 3 walk away with nothing.

I heard them say the first part, but maybe I missed the BIB so I'm going to need back up.

If that's the case, it doesn't make any sense why ANYBODY would vote share???? There's no reason to vote share if one person writing steal will win. So why would the game put the option on the table at all to vote share ????

And why would the majority steal rule if Camille alone wrote share (as was implied by the show when both B & S turned their slates around) but a majority share vote wouldn't rule? Doesn't make any sense.
It's a three-way variation of Split or Steal from Goldenballs and it doesn't work so well beyond two players. But the advice on the game is to always vote steal, for that very reason. You cannot control whether or not you get anything; that's entirely dependent on someone else's vote. All you can control is the size of the pot should you win anything and if they choose split, stealing gives you twice the winnings than if you split too. And if you're feeling spiteful, you can at least assure they won't walk away with anything if you don't, which was exactly Camille's reasoning.

I've always disliked it as a game and I HATE it as a way of ending The Traitors. Nobody who gets to the end of a game like that as a Traitor is ever going to vote share so it's a lead balloon from the start. Might have been satisfying in this instance but as a general rule, it's a terrible idea. No wonder they're not doing another season.

Reactions: 4