The Tim Tracker #60: Have an Oinktastic Day!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OT but watching Kyle (View From the Cheap Seats) vlog from SeaWorld's food festival and he mentions he better be careful chewing his food or FRE will get him in their next theme park eating video šŸ˜‚ Kyle's the last person I'd expect to make an FRE video though, he and Mary seem like pretty much polar opposites of the Slackers imo

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Then please explain.
Oh, ok. Thought I was fairly clear - basically I'm talking about compassion. Having worked with the pubic for many years I understand how awful people can be, that companies should treat employees better especially now with cutting staff and increasing hours, low wages. Customers have become more entitled and ruder or "Karens" and prime example is Greasy Spice. It wouldn't kill a company raking in money to do something nice for their employees that would cost them nothing ... but said companies toss freebies to these asshat vloggers. As someone who has worked for companies that do not treat employees well (like most of us) it makes me happy when I hear about a company that does and appreciates them. Hope I did a better job explaining.

Reactions: 10
Oh, ok. Thought I was fairly clear - basically I'm talking about compassion. Having worked with the pubic for many years I understand how awful people can be, that companies should treat employees better especially now with cutting staff and increasing hours, low wages. Customers have become more entitled and ruder or "Karens" and prime example is Greasy Spice. It wouldn't kill a company raking in money to do something nice for their employees that would cost them nothing ... but said companies toss freebies to these asshat vloggers. As someone who has worked for companies that do not treat employees well (like most of us) it makes me happy when I hear about a company that does and appreciates them. Hope I did a better job explaining.
I'm presuming that initial post you screenshot was a Disney employee?

When I worked for Disney in Guest Services (admittedly yeah, it was 20+ years ago), they used to give us lots of freebies as team building-type things or even just nice gestures. I don't know if they still do that but it really wasn't widely publicized as it'd mostly be within departments. One time, my CMs and I got a free full day at DisneyQuest and chef-led dinner at Flying Fish. I recall another where we all went out on pontoon boats in the middle of World Showcase Lagoon to eat and watch the fireworks (all free for us). I got free Cirque du Soleil tickets when it first opened and took my dad. We always got free food delivered to us, like the Kitchen Sink from Beaches and Cream. It was lots of fun to be a CM, despite a crappy guest here or there.

I know another time they had a ton of free holiday-type food to eat and goodies for us up on the concierge level for the holidays (when we had to work and couldn't be with family). Most cool is that a bunch of us got to ride Kali River Rapids when they were initially testing it and before it was open to the public. So we just got to keep riding and riding and they were testing different water squirt angles and stuff on us. LOL

Now in no way could I ever have afforded back then to have stayed at the resorts I worked at (nor can I now unless I really really wanted to just say duck it and stay there, which I have done at least once šŸ¤£ ) and Disney never doled out free stays for CMs (but we got pretty good discounts and stuff) BUT yeah, sadly it's the nature of the beast at this point with these damn influencers and how companies think they're so important to throw tit at for free.

Bakerbetty's post with the crying CM pulled at me both from a "She's so right" angle as well as the "Why are you crying?" angle.

I don't blame Disney for using social media to promote - fewer and fewer people are watching ads, they've cut the cord to stations that push them and we have adblock on everything. So how do they reach us? They go where we are: Social media.

However I'm very disappointed that Disney, the same company that is a world leader in entertainment, the same company that pushed technology to it's limits back when Walt was around, the same company that proclaims that Disney is for everyone has put up a financial barrier wall that even their own employees cannot surmount.

The company is filled to the brim with energetic people looking to entertain and make the magic, but they turn their backs on these people who would potentially be incredible social media voices if only the company would help them get there and instead turn to third party peons who may whine and gripe over the most stupid crap.

Why not keep it in the cast member family? Those folk have the desire and incentive to do very well.

Reactions: 7
Bakerbetty's post with the crying CM pulled at me both from a "She's so right" angle as well as the "Why are you crying?" angle.

I don't blame Disney for using social media to promote - fewer and fewer people are watching ads, they've cut the cord to stations that push them and we have adblock on everything. So how do they reach us? They go where we are: Social media.

However I'm very disappointed that Disney, the same company that is a world leader in entertainment, the same company that pushed technology to it's limits back when Walt was around, the same company that proclaims that Disney is for everyone has put up a financial barrier wall that even their own employees cannot surmount.

The company is filled to the brim with energetic people looking to entertain and make the magic, but they turn their backs on these people who would potentially be incredible social media voices if only the company would help them get there and instead turn to third party peons who may whine and gripe over the most stupid crap.

Why not keep it in the cast member family? Those folk have the desire and incentive to do very well.
100% agree. I don't recognize my former employer. And I can't wait until this vlogger tit is a complete thing of the past. If you're going to do it, do it in-house like you said. Sorta like Must Do Disney's Stacey.

Though, I think this particular CM - if it's bothering her to the level of guest interactions for the amount of $$ she's making enough that she's upset she's not getting a free one-day stay at the new overpriced resort, then maybe she needs to find a new job - and I say that with compassion for her mental health.

Reactions: 11
100% agree. I don't recognize my former employer. And I can't wait until this vlogger tit is a complete thing of the past. If you're going to do it, do it in-house like you said. Sorta like Must Do Disney's Stacey.

Though, I think this particular CM - if it's bothering her to the level of guest interactions for the amount of $$ she's making enough that she's upset she's not getting a free one-day stay at the new overpriced resort, then maybe she needs to find a new job - and I say that with compassion for her mental health.
I think a lot of restaurants and theme parks host employees and families for soft openings? No? It helps train the staff with "real" guests and is a perk for the employees.
As for the picture of the employee (if they are an employee) crying because she can't afford it.....welcome to a very large demographic of people? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Being an employee of a company doesn't mean you automatically get all the perks. WDW employees get to do a lot of the things first. We don't know for sure that NONE of the employees got to experience Star Cruiser.

Reactions: 5
I can see both sides as well. Itā€™s hard to constantly see these influencers and these self made social marketing channels get freebies upon freebies. Itā€™s basically to the level now of how celebrities basically donā€™t pay for anything just so companies can get a chance of them promoting them, when in reality these are the people who can actually afford these experiences and products.

On the other hand, large corporate companies canā€™t just gift things willy nilly without the IRS knocking on their door. My company has gifted me trips before, I get monthly bonuses, all of which are taxed at close to 40%(NY). It would be impossible to gift free stays to all employees, and we donā€™t know that Disney didnā€™t do a giveaway, etc. I also saw they have filled a lot of Make a Wish wishes for the star cruiser. Not saying itā€™s the right mindsetā€¦but in the end Disney is in the business of making money.

I think a lot of restaurants and theme parks host employees and families for soft openings? No? It helps train the staff with "real" guests and is a perk for the employees.
As for the picture of the employee (if they are an employee) crying because she can't afford it.....welcome to a very large demographic of people? šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
Being an employee of a company doesn't mean you automatically get all the perks. WDW employees get to do a lot of the things first. We don't know for sure that NONE of the employees got to experience Star Cruiser.
I'm thinking that was some random photo she pulled from somewhere and it's not her.

But yeah, I agree with you. Just because we work someplace, doesn't mean we "deserve" to get free products / services they offer though I DO understand her and @bakerbetty 's point that these "nobody" stupid-ass vloggers who contribute very little to society beyond sticking a camera in their face and uploading get first dibs these days on all sorts of things...but, it is what it is for now, unfortunately. :(

A lot of the stuff Disney did for employees was kept pretty quiet and, like I said, was different for different departments. I can say, hands down, I got the most perks working for Disney of any employer I ever had. And I worked for some big employers in the past - both public- and private-sector. I actually had awesome management, great CMs, etc. But I also had a slew of crappy guests too and it helped that when I was employed by Disney, I had already had about 8 years of working in customer service at a management level in fast food under my belt so I knew how to handle them w/out getting flustered or truly upset (like this OP seems to be). Assholes will be assholes, and there will always be assholes. No matter the job or the pay.

I'm thinking this OP is a 20-something who had unrealistic visions / ideas of what it was like to work for Disney and at the end of the day, it's a business and if you're not in management or get cast into a better role, you may end up not liking what you're doing but there's still so many opportunities to move around and / or up in the company - promoting internally or doing lateral moves, that it's not like you're stuck.

Don't get me wrong, I still don't recognize (using the term loosely) my former employer in so many ways these days, but sometimes an employer may just not be the right fit for someone. It happens.

Ok I watched Adamā€™s vlog with Tim so of course I had to compare with the Jenn edit šŸ˜‚. In Adamā€™s vlog Tim is goofy, happy, and joking around. In ā€œTimā€™sā€ vlog Tim is acting like he usually does when Jenn is around. Furthermore she left the edit in where he was fan girling over the food options. I also saw she abruptly cut out the parts were Tim and Adam were laughing and joking. Donā€™t want the fans to see how happy Tim is w/o you eh Jenn?
You guuuuuyyyzzzzz, Ginn doesnā€™t want the world to know Tim enjoys being away from his wife! Totally breaks the Big Happy Buddy Family + 1 Stanny image she has carefully crafted.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
New solo Tim video, I really hope theyā€™re getting the hint that those perform betterā€¦

edit: nvmd, completely uninterested in this Wawa time lapse and Tesla talk lol. But I do appreciate learning about the scuba place.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
New solo Tim video, I really hope theyā€™re getting the hint that those perform betterā€¦
While his enthusiasm and ridiculous praise of the crappy carnival ride haunted houses was a bit ridiculous, there were aspects of this video I really did enjoy watching.

but Iā€™m also a fan of when Tim and Adam do joint videos. So take that as you will lol.

Reactions: 8
I just watched the scuba diving portion (skipped over everything else). I LOVED that. I love this type of stuff.

More of this, and waaay less of Jenn.

And definitely no more J. Let him grow up w/out a camera in his face.
(I know it's not going to happen but we can hope)

Reactions: 16
The only interesting thing about this vlog was Dim's nemesis, a banana peel. Thank you banana peel, for your service.

BananaMK8.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My eyes must be deceiving me, is this a TTT video that actually shows some of what Florida has to offer beyond stuffing your faces at theme parks, flexing in million dollar Air BnB's, being sloths at your McMansion, etc.?! I'm sure this vlog won't do much numbers wise, but it was nice to see a solo video with some non-Disney Florida.

To be fair, his Tesla talk was annoying. We get it bro, you have a Tesla. Makes me think about the live show years ago where he mentioned he "would never buy a Tesla because Elon Musk is a horrible person". How'd that work out Tim?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why did he have to go pee in every location? šŸ˜† I avoid bathrooms at quickmart type places even when there isn't a pandemic. Get your prostate checked Dim!

Reactions: 11
I wish they would have showed more about the renting scuba gear/putting it on, etc process because that is something I'm actually interested in doing.

The whole Tesla portion absolutely convinced me that I never want a fully electric vehicle. So putzy! We're doing the drive from Orlando to Hollywood FL this weekend for a mini-vacation and I would go absolutely nutty if I had to stop what seems like every hour or so to charge the car. No thanks.

Reactions: 15
So since Dim's done a couple solo vlogs, that means they didn't need the nanny during those days, right....? šŸ˜œ

It's not like Ginn can leave the house to go do anything, would be the perfect time to spend quality time with her son... šŸ‘€

This comment stood out after I watched Adam The Woo's latest vlog with Tim Tracker at the FL State Fair. Love Adam but this vlog was a hot mess. The best part was when Adam playfully made fun of Tim Slacker and how he reacts to rides in a very monotone voice.
File_000.png

Tim would have gotten more views if this video was just a 20 minute loop of the clip of him slipping on the banana peel at Wawa

• Haha
I like that their "look at all the crap we bought"/"baby's first coaster!!?!?!?" vlog has the same amount of views as the Dim/ATW vlog.

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 1.27.39 PM.png

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.