Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Love_the_kitz

VIP Member
Everyone hates my wife's birthing story. We went in at the end of April because she was having really bad contractions...long story short she was in back labor for almost three weeks. We went in on May 17th at like 8:30 p.m. and two hours later they sent us home saying because we weren't 39 weeks they wouldn't induce because "COVID protocols." The next day the OBGYN called us and told us to be at the hospital at 7:30 on May 20th. They gave my wife the meds at like 9 a.m., broke her water at 1, and at 4 p.m. they came in and said she was ready and to start pushing...five pushes and 8 minutes later Ferguson popped out, looked at the doctors and the masks with absolute disgust and curled up in mom's arms until they took him to wipe him off. It was beautiful.
I love your son's name. My g'pa was a Fergus. Wonderful in more ways than just being my grandpa: he was compassionate, intelligent, hard working and solid.

Urjustaputz

Chatty Member
Every so often I pull up the old catalogue from 2010 and on and look for what they've deleted, problem is I get caught up in how crass the click bait tiles are that I can't focus.

Most of those old clickbait/shock value titles, and they're all that way, (content too) just don't belong on a channel that the owners claim is "family friendly".
Hey we can divide and conquer I work from home lol

dingdangdong

The rules / requirements are not exactly a walk in the park either.
We're talking about the Trackers here, and we all know they wouldn't get past no. 1 on this list, i.e. send a written notice of intent to the superintendent, nor could they maintain a portfolio of records, or develop a curriculum, or anything of that nature.

That being said, I agree with you. They're not going to homeschool. My guess is private schooling for flexing purposes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 1002.01, Florida Statutes (F.S.), defines home education as the sequentially progressive instruction of a student directed by his or her parent or guardian in order to satisfy Florida's compulsory education requirements.

Florida Statute 1002.41 specifies the responsibilities of parents who establish a home education program.

• Send a written notice of intent to the school district superintendent. The notice must be filed within 30 days of beginning the home education program and must include the following information:
    • Name of the home education student(s)
    • Birthdate(s)
    • Address
    • Parent's signature
  • Maintain a portfolio of educational records. Statute defines a portfolio as
    • A log of educational activities which is made contemporaneously with the instruction and which designates by title any reading materials used, and
    • samples of any writings, worksheets, workbooks or creative materials used or developed by the student.
  • Make the portfolio available for inspection by the superintendent upon 15-day written notice (The statute does not require the superintendent to inspect all portfolios).
  • Provide an annual educational evaluation of the student's educational progress to the superintendent. The evaluation must consist of one of the following:
    • A Florida certified teacher chosen by the parent may evaluate the child's progress based on a review of the portfolio and discussion with the student.
    • The student may take any nationally-normed student achievement test administered by a certified teacher.
    • The student may take a state student assessment test at a location and under testing conditions approved by the school district.
    • The student maybe evaluated by a psychologist holding a valid, active license pursuant to section 490.003 (7) or (8), F.S.
    • The student may be evaluated with any other valid measurement tool as mutually agreed upon by the parent and the superintendent.
  • Preserve each student's portfolio for two years.
  • Submit a letter of termination and annual evaluation upon completion of the home education program to the district.
  • Should there be a change of residence, but do not wish to terminate the home education program, the parent should notify the new district to which the child is moving to that they are transferring their home education program to the new district, and the new district home education contact must request the records from the previous district notifying the old district that the student no longer resides in the previous district. Records are transferred, and the previous district shall simply close out the student’s files. A home education transfer between districts does not require the parent to terminate the home education program (as they are not terminating; simply moving) and the parent does not need to provide an annual evaluation to the previous district.
None of this is actually as daunting as it reads. Florida is a notification state, they don’t get to approve anyone to homeschool, or not. As for the portfolio, there’s plenty of assessors who don’t even want to look at it. You just send them an email saying “this is what we did this year!” and they sign off.

And as for “developing a curriculum,” there’s hundreds of prepackaged sets to choose from.

MamaBear2000

Chatty Member
He’s an asshole. I sent the links to guest services at universal. I hope I play a part in getting one of these fuckwads banned from the park
Why can't people show POV though? I am all for following the rules, that isn't what I am asking. All the other rides have POV videos out there, why not this one?