The Things Influencers Say That Make You Squirm

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kind vibes only Boo.🤢
Don’t y’all just love my darling baby Dweezil in his sah cute FREE outfit.?🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Happy Monday, Tuesday, etc makes me want to claw off my own face and everyone is doing it now.

Think I may have ranted about this before but ARGH STOP IT. 😫🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What gets me is middle class bland white women using AAVE. It's so cringey (and potentially problematic: see below). In particular "yassss Queen".

"The point is, AAVE, when used by African American people, is often associated with “undesirable” parts of society like poverty, drugs, violence, and gangs. But when corporations or white people use it, they are co-opting its “cool” potential for their own gain — and giving nothing back to the community that created it. Yikes."
I just had to google AAVE and came across MLE (Multicultural London English) which is something that makes me want to 🤢 in the same context. So many cringe vegan bloggers describe food as peng, banging or being gassed about some ‘bare’ freebie they’ve got. Nine times out of ten you click on their page and it’s Sarah Jane from Bristol with her peng Greggs or Andy from Manchester with his banging Starbucks. They’d sound utterly ridiculous saying it in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
1. Not mad at it
2. So exciting
3. Im here for it
4. Im drinking starbucks

Reactions: 4
Starting every sentence with 'I'm so excited' .
- and then faking excitement or forgetting to fake excitement.

A lot of you have been asking me about how I do my make up
- No one is asking

Reactions: 4
Happy Monday, Tuesday, etc makes me want to claw off my own face and everyone is doing it now.

Think I may have ranted about this before but ARGH STOP IT. 😫🤣
When the my pause and pretend not to know what day it is 🙄

no obligation to share

• Haha
Reactions: 1
"I've worked with [company name] before for sponsored content, but this isn't a #ad, I just love [the product]"

Sure. Okay. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
"I've worked with [company name] before for sponsored content, but this isn't a #ad, I just love [the product]"

Sure. Okay. :rolleyes:
In the UK they so legally have to declare they've worked with companies in the previous six months if they show brand/product even if it isn't sponsored in that situation.

But what am I saying, most British influencers probably don't even know that rule. Given most still struggle with posting #AD and #Gifted.

Reactions: 3
"since I've had the baby I've had no time to answer all the DMs, I'm so rubbish, sorry guyssss"

Then proceeds to do loads of stories about accounts she loves, with captions.

If you had time to do all that Felicia, you had time to say "Thanks for your boring DM insta follower"
GET OVER YOURSELF

Reactions: 2