The Teacher (Channel 5)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s been mentioned but a lot of it just didn’t make sense.

Why the sudden change of heart from her dad? I was convinced that Arnold was Kyle’s dad and he was going along with it so he could have some kind of relationship with his dad.
Arnold called Kyle ‘big man’ In his messages so Kyle probably saw him as a father figure and wanted to please him not realising he was been groomed. She said to him at the end that he picked on vulnerable children, so that’s how he got to Kyle.

Bipolar doesn't cause blackouts. She had blackouts because she was hammered drunk.
It does cause blackouts.

Reactions: 1
Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂

Reactions: 10
Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂
She’s been busy as she was in Four Lives as well! She was good in that. I didn’t think she was as good as usual in The Teacher but probably because it was a tit script!

Reactions: 9
It got to the point where I found the most interesting thing was the interiors of buildings. Once someone here said it was filmed abroad you can't unsee it.
The lack of fitted carpets or even rugs, but lots of tiling instead, the glass in doors everywhere covered with lace, the dark furniture. So obvious really.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm no miss marple but from early on, I wondered if the elusive Brian was behind Kyle.

But what I really, really don't understand is how Sheridan couldn't remember reporting another teacher. Surely she would have remembered that???

And why did Brian suddenly decide he wanted revenge???

What happened to Pauline???

Raging!!!

Reactions: 13
I'm no miss marple but from early on, I wondered if the elusive Brian was behind Kyle.

But what I really, really don't understand is how Sheridan couldn't remember reporting another teacher. Surely she would have remembered that???

And why did Brian suddenly decide he wanted revenge???

What happened to Pauline???

Raging!!!
Well when Sheridan went to see her ex and they were talking about when they worked together he did remind her that she used to report things like that and she acted then like she had forgotten.

Brian had lived abroad for years trying to get his life back but couldn't so obviously decided to get his revenge but presumably got with Pauline to get close to Sheridan then went dry stone walling with her Dad then Pauline recommended him to tutor Kyle! Seemed a bit far fetched.

Presumably Pauline gave him the photo of his driving licence from his old identity and was still standing by him and she obviously did send the text to lure Sheridan to the house and at the end we saw her working in the charity place looking sad, so did she lose her teaching job?

Awful actress!!! I don’t understand why she was just sat listening in, so weird!!!
Because she had taken Brian's side that's why she said 'he's my soulmate'. She was an annoying character!

Reactions: 6
Well when Sheridan went to see her ex and they were talking about when they worked together he did remind her that she used to report things like that and she acted then like she had forgotten.

Brian had lived abroad for years trying to get his life back but couldn't so obviously decided to get his revenge but presumably got with Pauline to get close to Sheridan then went dry stone walling with her Dad then Pauline recommended him to tutor Kyle! Seemed a bit far fetched.

Presumably Pauline gave him the photo of his driving licence from his old identity and was still standing by him and she obviously did send the text to lure Sheridan to the house and at the end we saw her working in the charity place looking sad, so did she lose her teaching job?

Because she had taken Brian's side that's why she said 'he's my soulmate'. She was an annoying character!
Yes I think you’re right, I wanted it shake her!

Reactions: 3
Agree with all the comments, what the chuff was that ending!?! I also felt like a bit of imagination re the casting wouldn’t have gone amiss, I’ve only ever seen Samuel Bottemley in Ackley Bridge-wrong ‘un and every time I see Ian Puleston-Davies in something, I think…wrong ‘un 😂

Reactions: 10
When will I learn to STOP WATCHING CHANNEL 5 DRAMAS?

I really should have learned my lesson after The Drowning…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What a waste of 4 hrs! It had so much potential!
I have a lot of questions. Did Jenna’s solicitor ever respond? Why didn’t she get the police involved as she was gathering evidence? Why didn’t the police reinvestigate when Jenna revealed she wasn’t behind the phone/social media account? Is Kyle’s mum Brian’s estranged daughter, thus making Kyle his grandson? Why didn’t the police investigate properly the first time? Why didn’t they see from the CCTV that Jack picked Jenna up after the club? Why did Pauline just sit in that back room - it’s not like she was gagged or tied up? There are more but I can’t even be bothered 😕
I thought Kyle might be his grandson, and thought we’d find that out in the next episode . But there isn’t one.🙄 . Not keen on Sheridan Smith in the first place, but thought I’d give it a go. Annoys me the way she is forever looking into the middle distance when she is acting ‘thinking’. Waste of time. 🙁

Reactions: 9
I thought Kyle might be his grandson, and thought we’d find that out in the next episode . But there isn’t one.🙄 . Not keen on Sheridan Smith in the first place, but thought I’d give it a go. Annoys me the way she is forever looking into the middle distance when she is acting ‘thinking’. Waste of time. 🙁
The series could have been cut in half if they dropped all the acting ‘thinking’ scenes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She also does a lot of blowing out of her mouth when she's 'thinking'

Reactions: 4
I watched this thinking Kyle’s mum was played by Faye Brooks (Kate in Corrie). My sisters only just finished it and I mentioned it, and she was like that’s a totally different actress. 😳 I just thought they’d made her look a bit older. The likeness is crazy!

I watched this thinking Kyle’s mum was played by Faye Brooks (Kate in Corrie). My sisters only just finished it and I mentioned it, and she was like that’s a totally different actress. 😳 I just thought they’d made her look a bit older. The likeness is crazy!
Yeah I think I've seen her something else and thought the same thing!

Also just started on Ackley Bridge and Kyle is on there (sorry if already mentioned)

I thought it was the lady that played Lydia in Hollyoaks (the one that killed Sarah Barnes in the sky diving stunt) but then realised I recognised her from Sugar rush and Waterloo Road.

Oh yeah I remember her in Waterloo Road, with short pixie cut?

Can only remember the main characters and parents in sugar rush