The Teacher (Channel 5)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I watched this thinking Kyle’s mum was played by Faye Brooks (Kate in Corrie). My sisters only just finished it and I mentioned it, and she was like that’s a totally different actress. 😳 I just thought they’d made her look a bit older. The likeness is crazy!
Oh, I thought that was her too!

Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂
I was going to start a thread on it just now as it’s finished but they announced at the end that all episodes were immediately available on ITVHub so I didn’t bother as I wouldn’t be able to return to the thread in case of spoilers.

Reactions: 1
Oh, I thought that was her too!

I was going to start a thread on it just now as it’s finished but they announced at the end that all episodes were immediately available on ITVHub so I didn’t bother as I wouldn’t be able to return to the thread in case of spoilers.
Watched the first episode last night but the others aren't available to watch on the hub I just checked?

Watched the first episode last night but the others aren't available to watch on the hub I just checked?
Are you trying to watch on Sky? If so it’s some weird issue that even though they are available on itv hub, Sky can’t/won’t play them until they have officially aired. It’s so tit. They are all available on the app or desktop version - I’ve just checked. I’m going back to Virgin soon, because I’m fed up of Sky.

Are you trying to watch on Sky? If so it’s some weird issue that even though they are available on itv hub, Sky can’t/won’t play them until they have officially aired. It’s so tit. They are all available on the app or desktop version - I’ve just checked. I’m going back to Virgin soon, because I’m fed up of Sky.
Thanks for that! So if I get the hub app on my smart tv they’ll be on there? Just not through sky?

I've just watched the first of no return , thought it was quite good tbh but can see the plot holes

I dont get how she was drinking heavily, then all her alcoholism suddenly disappeared so she could turn her attention to being a super sleuth, better than her lawyer and all

So many more questions after looking forward to a catch up on this, but now I'm heartily disappointed for all and every reason above

Reactions: 8
I just can't believe she pleaded guilty in the first place! She just took his word for it. She didn't want to watch the CCTV (which she watched later & found it suspicious). She didn't want to put Kyle through a court case so just threw her life away just because? Would you really do that?

Gah! So disappointing...

Reactions: 9
I've just watched the first of no return , thought it was quite good tbh but can see the plot holes
Well think the first bloody huge plot hole is the fact that they are supposed to be in Turkey yet it was filmed in Spain. :unsure:

I just can't believe she pleaded guilty in the first place! She just took his word for it. She didn't want to watch the CCTV (which she watched later & found it suspicious). She didn't want to put Kyle through a court case so just threw her life away just because? Would you really do that?

Gah! So disappointing...
And why didn’t her Solicitor say ‘no watch the video until the end’? It was ridiculous!

Reactions: 3

Gah! So disappointing...
One hundred percent this.

Only just finished The Teacher and like most..... that's 4 hours of my life I won't get back ! Once I knew it was filmed abroad I couldn't unsee it and I also couldn't unsee how pregnant she looked in some of the scenes....... or was that just me as noone else has mentioned it ?! :unsure: :unsure:

Reactions: 2
Only just finished The Teacher and like most..... that's 4 hours of my life I won't get back ! Once I knew it was filmed abroad I couldn't unsee it and I also couldn't unsee how pregnant she looked in some of the scenes....... or was that just me as noone else has mentioned it ?! :unsure: :unsure:
She filmed it last year and her son is 2 this May, so obviously just the baby weight she had gained.

She filmed it last year and her son is 2 this May, so obviously just the baby weight she had gained.
Oh right..... didn't realise the baby was going to be 2 already - that's flown by ! I thought at the beginning of the programme she looks really quite skinny but then the big jumpers/coats etc made her look early pregnancy.... but like you say obvs post baby.... maybe it was filmed back to front too ? It was not her best work that's for sure

Oh right..... didn't realise the baby was going to be 2 already - that's flown by ! I thought at the beginning of the programme she looks really quite skinny but then the big jumpers/coats etc made her look early pregnancy.... but like you say obvs post baby.... maybe it was filmed back to front too ? It was not her best work that's for sure
They filmed over 6 weeks in Budapest, so maybe the on set catering made her a bit bloated?!

I agree, I didn't think it was her best work.

Is anyone watching No Return? I am confused by some things in the 2nd episode:

When the black girl (can’t remember the characters name) came to the door with her mom and said that she saw what happened with the Tunisian boy and Noah, her mom handed Kathy a piece of paper with their address and phone number on. But I could have sworn the black girl in the previous episode slipped a piece of paper under their door already. Am I misremembering that? Did we see the note?

What was Kathy doing when she was on the bus at the beginning when she confronted the Tunisian boy and his family? She had a suitcase with her and they arrived at the airport so I thought she was flying home by herself but then she got into a massive fight with her sister and her husband when they Suggested they would do the same.

• Angry