The Teacher (Channel 5)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just assumed she hated him because she knew he had groomed her son?
Yes I guess I'd be pretty mad at that. Maybe I was just looking for something that wasn't there, like when I thought there was a link between them.

I found the whole series awful and Sheridan Smith's character so unlikeable. The last episode was bloody dreadful.
I liked the premise. It had potential. Which it failed to deliver on right enough but I thought episode 1 was good.

Reactions: 4
Unless I missed it, I felt like the ending didn't really say whether she ended up clearing her name. I wasn't sure whether we were meant to assume that the police did find out the truth given that Brian killed himself so they would have been involved. Jenna going to see Kyle at football was absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 9
Unless I missed it, I felt like the ending didn't really say whether she ended up clearing her name. I wasn't sure whether we were meant to assume that the police did find out the truth given that Brian killed himself so they would have been involved. Jenna going to see Kyle at football was absolutely ridiculous.
Yes that was wierd. It did seem like she fancied him then :sick:
I thought that was going to be the twist - that she did have inappropriate feelings for a pupil, therefore was the same as Arnold.

• Sick
The strange houses as well. Not your typical Bradford / Yorkshire homes!
How odd that they filmed it in Budapest.

Reactions: 3
Kyle go along with the plan for Brian? I know he was tutored by him but what else was there?

Reactions: 7
Yes that was wierd. It did seem like she fancied him then :sick:
I thought that was going to be the twist - that she did have inappropriate feelings for a pupil, therefore was the same as Arnold.
That would have been a pretty good ending. Instead of the tripe we got

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Kyle go along with the plan for Brian? I know he was tutored by him but what else was there?
I think he had groomed Kyle too and manipulated him into doing what he done. The hug they had, the mum calling him a dirty pervert or whatever it was - I initially thought she had been a victim and he was kyles Dad or that she was his daughter but him grooming Kyle would fit with all that too.
The ending was just bizarre tho. As someone else said, why the longing looks/hand holding… why? You’d be keeping as far away as you could.
it’s almost like there was an episode missing where all the truth came out and her name was cleared.

Reactions: 13
I also thought it was weird that her Dad was so hostile towards her and then suddenly they were alright and had mended the rift. Think a lot hit the cutting room floor.

The Budapest thing they will have likely been courted by them to film there with financial incentives, if you look at the crew names that was probably a condition of the filming. I know Sharpe had a similar arrangement with Spain back in the day.

I’d have liked the ending to see her walk back into the school (in appropriate clothes) to show she cleared her name and got her job back or something!

Reactions: 15
It just made no sense. As if anyone in her situation (being watched / stalked / filmed without your knowledge) would willingly walk into that crack den looking house. How ridiculous!!! You would drive up and think “duck that” and keep driving. 🤪 such an infuriating end when episode 1 and 2 were well done.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It just made no sense. As if anyone in her situation (being watched / stalked / filmed without your knowledge) would willingly walk into that crack den looking house. How ridiculous!!! You would drive up and think “duck that” and keep driving. 🤪 such an infuriating end when episode 1 and 2 were well done.
Not only that if Pauline didn’t answer you would just get back in your car and drive off! It’s not as if Pauline’s text said ‘help me, come quick’! You wouldn’t try and get in the house to look for her!

Reactions: 8
Why was the dad extremely off with her and then nicer and tolerant.
This is exactly what I’m wondering! It’s almost like he was hiding something himself because he was so hostile throughout and then seemingly fine at the end?? I thought they might’ve delved more into her mum and her relationship with the dad too, as it seems something was off there

It looked like how I imagine Mario's flat complex 🤣🤣 Beirut 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
I know it’s been mentioned but a lot of it just didn’t make sense.

Why the sudden change of heart from her dad? I was convinced that Arnold was Kyle’s dad and he was going along with it so he could have some kind of relationship with his dad.

Reactions: 12
Why was the dad extremely off with her and then nicer and tolerant.
once she brought up the fact her mum killed herself but she wasn’t going to he seemed to change but like with her ex and realising she had been horrible to him I think when her dad looked like he was going to have a heart attack she started being nicer to him and all her problems had come from her mum’s suicide and her mum had bipolar. so were they implying she had it too what with her blackouts?

Reactions: 1
Bipolar doesn't cause blackouts. She had blackouts because she was hammered drunk.

Reactions: 2