Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dontmissmuch

VIP Member
Only just finished The Teacher and like most..... that's 4 hours of my life I won't get back ! Once I knew it was filmed abroad I couldn't unsee it and I also couldn't unsee how pregnant she looked in some of the scenes....... or was that just me as noone else has mentioned it ?! :unsure: :unsure:

Reactions: 2

Rosie glow

VIP Member
I felt so old when I realised it was her! Wasn't she in Two doors down as well as a young(ish) person? Didn't know if the comment about her having had wild times as well was related to her having the daughter quite young? Probably overthinking it!

I do find it frustrating sometimes in programmes like this that the "cool" person is openly praised and the one who does the job properly is "boring" but I am really interested to see where this goes
Yes she played Sophie in two doors down but left after two series after she had a baby in the show.

The male teacher jenna hooks up with sometimes ( kelvin fletcher) I take it his married, maybe his wife knows and she has something to do with it

Rxt156

VIP Member
He came across as a bit of an arse as well in some bits..... Can't see where it's all going which is keeping me intrigued!

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Yup!! I couldn't get my head around that. Last time I saw her she was playing a teenager....now she is a woman with a teenage daughter. Messed with my head a bit!
Im glad you confirmed it because I am notoriously terrible for not recognising actors and I thought it was her but sort of talked myself out of it thinking “no, that show isn’t old enough for her to be a teacher now, surely” 😶

• Haha
  • Heart

Georgia1970

Pity I couldn't watch all 4 tonight, really enjoyed it and I'm not usually a big fan of SS

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Why was the dad extremely off with her and then nicer and tolerant.
once she brought up the fact her mum killed herself but she wasn’t going to he seemed to change but like with her ex and realising she had been horrible to him I think when her dad looked like he was going to have a heart attack she started being nicer to him and all her problems had come from her mum’s suicide and her mum had bipolar. so were they implying she had it too what with her blackouts?

Reactions: 1

HockyRorror

VIP Member
Is anyone watching No Return? I am confused by some things in the 2nd episode:

When the black girl (can’t remember the characters name) came to the door with her mom and said that she saw what happened with the Tunisian boy and Noah, her mom handed Kathy a piece of paper with their address and phone number on. But I could have sworn the black girl in the previous episode slipped a piece of paper under their door already. Am I misremembering that? Did we see the note?

What was Kathy doing when she was on the bus at the beginning when she confronted the Tunisian boy and his family? She had a suitcase with her and they arrived at the airport so I thought she was flying home by herself but then she got into a massive fight with her sister and her husband when they Suggested they would do the same.

• Angry

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I watched this thinking Kyle’s mum was played by Faye Brooks (Kate in Corrie). My sisters only just finished it and I mentioned it, and she was like that’s a totally different actress. 😳 I just thought they’d made her look a bit older. The likeness is crazy!
Oh, I thought that was her too!

Sheridan Smith is in another drama called No Return on Monday night (ITV) there might be a thread on it next week but let’s hope that’s better than The Teacher! 😂
I was going to start a thread on it just now as it’s finished but they announced at the end that all episodes were immediately available on ITVHub so I didn’t bother as I wouldn’t be able to return to the thread in case of spoilers.

Leo100

VIP Member
Jack has something to do with it I think, I hope it's not a far fetched twist. I thought it was going to be more realistic about grooming etc , where she had slept with him

Are you trying to watch on Sky? If so it’s some weird issue that even though they are available on itv hub, Sky can’t/won’t play them until they have officially aired. It’s so shit. They are all available on the app or desktop version - I’ve just checked. I’m going back to Virgin soon, because I’m fed up of Sky.
Thanks for that! So if I get the hub app on my smart tv they’ll be on there? Just not through sky?

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Only just finished The Teacher and like most..... that's 4 hours of my life I won't get back ! Once I knew it was filmed abroad I couldn't unsee it and I also couldn't unsee how pregnant she looked in some of the scenes....... or was that just me as noone else has mentioned it ?! :unsure: :unsure:
She filmed it last year and her son is 2 this May, so obviously just the baby weight she had gained.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I know it’s been mentioned but a lot of it just didn’t make sense.

Why the sudden change of heart from her dad? I was convinced that Arnold was Kyle’s dad and he was going along with it so he could have some kind of relationship with his dad.
Arnold called Kyle ‘big man’ In his messages so Kyle probably saw him as a father figure and wanted to please him not realising he was been groomed. She said to him at the end that he picked on vulnerable children, so that’s how he got to Kyle.

Bipolar doesn't cause blackouts. She had blackouts because she was hammered drunk.
It does cause blackouts.