The Teacher (Channel 5)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed ep 1, but felt tonight's ep was abit ridiculous, surely that boy wouldn't be back at school, her sentence, I don't know, felt abit off!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sharon Rooney is 33, so she was actually about 24/25 when she was playing a 16 year old in My Mad Fat Diary!

The programme itself is watchable enough but I kept getting distracted by the fact it obviously wasn't filmed in the UK.

• Heart
I havent watched the second episode but I think the fact that Kyle is wanting to go to drama school will play a part in it, also the lads all know where she goes and one of them saying his brother goes. I definitely think the teacher she hates will play a part in it.

Reactions: 3
I felt so old when I realised it was her! Wasn't she in Two doors down as well as a young(ish) person? Didn't know if the comment about her having had wild times as well was related to her having the daughter quite young? Probably overthinking it!

I do find it frustrating sometimes in programmes like this that the "cool" person is openly praised and the one who does the job properly is "boring" but I am really interested to see where this goes
Yes she played Sophie in two doors down but left after two series after she had a baby in the show.

The male teacher jenna hooks up with sometimes ( kelvin fletcher) I take it his married, maybe his wife knows and she has something to do with it

Random fact that I kept seeing the girl who plays Nina just after she played Rae in and around Glasgow and I seriously thought she was going to think I was stalking her 🤦🏼‍♀️ Realised our parents stayed near each other!

I've not finished watching the 2nd ep yet, just wanted to say that I'm so suspicious of Jack!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes she played Sophie in two doors down but left after two series after she had a baby in the show.

The male teacher jenna hooks up with sometimes ( kelvin fletcher) I take it his married, maybe his wife knows and she has something to do with it
Didn't think of him as being married 🤔

If anything did happen, and she was too drunk to remember/consent. Then why aren’t they concerned that she was raped?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
If anything did happen, and she was too drunk to remember/consent. Then why aren’t they concerned that she was raped?

I wondered that - as he's under 16 I'm guessing he can never consent but surely there is dodgy legal grounds if she was also too drunk to consent?

I wondered that - as he's under 16 I'm guessing he can never consent but surely there is dodgy legal grounds if she was also too drunk to consent?
Ooooo good point. Didn’t think of that.
I guess his age is a bigger issue than her being too drunk? The police don’t seem interested in that version of events.

Tbf I don’t think it even happened after his reaction at the end of ep2!

Reactions: 4
I understand its a 4-parter from tonight until Thursday so please no spoilers if watching all episodes in advance
Just watched the first two with the intention of finishing it but they’re not available 😭 Will watch the rest on Friday.

Reactions: 4
Just watched the first two with the intention of finishing it but they’re not available 😭 Will watch the rest on Friday.
I watched the first one thinking I could binge them all, now have to watch night after night. Netflix has ruined me 😭 I need to knowwww!

Edit due to grammar error

• Haha
Reactions: 9
THIS! This is a very good question actually. She admitted she was "blacked out". But maybe like others have said it is due to his age, under consent age? I will be perhaps inflammatory here but it's not like the police always have cared about those women who have been sexually assaulted...

Same! It’s the perfect show for a mini-binge, too 🙇🏼‍♀️
Absolutely! I mean, even disney+ has joined the every week episode drop except they release 3 at once to entice you! I really thought it would be available on my5 all in one and now I'm so hooked I can't wait! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
She really can't be that good of a teacher if she rolls in with a hangover after being on the drink and clubbing the night before?
And before I get slated, she admitted to blacking out before what happened, wouldn't that scare the life out of you, waking up in some randoms bed?

She really can't be that good of a teacher if she rolls in with a hangover after being on the drink and clubbing the night before?
And before I get slated, she admitted to blacking out before what happened, wouldn't that scare the life out of you, waking up in some randoms bed?
Ahh.... Yes I think that waking up in a randos bed being blacked out would scare the ever loving shite out you and yes that brings us to the fact this is obviously not a new occurance for her ...
However if I'm inferring that from that she deserved to be sexually assaulted that's a whole other conversation...
Taking it that you never meant that at all, there's only been 2 episodes to deem her a good or bad teacher and it all boils down to what you take from what is shown. She had a card from a pupil saying she was "inspiring", as an example. Just cause she wears wee skirts and has cleavage bearing tops on doesn't detract from that fact? And yeah she comes in with heavy hangovers and (one would assume heavy mental health issues re:her mums suicide) but again, who's to say that means she's a tit teacher?
I can go on. Say many things. Buy it's only 2 eps in. And what I'm saying and my replies already, I fear, don't 100% stick with the character she's playing.
So I'll leave it there.

When they were all at the pub celebrating jennas promotion he said he promised he would be home by 11pm so thought it must be to a wife maybe
Oh good shout. I missed that as I wfh and was trying to, er, multitask?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ahh.... Yes I think that waking up in a randos bed being blacked out would scare the ever loving shite out you and yes that brings us to the fact this is obviously not a new occurance for her ...
However if I'm inferring that from that she deserved to be sexually assaulted that's a whole other conversation...
Taking it that you never meant that at all, there's only been 2 episodes to deem her a good or bad teacher and it all boils down to what you take from what is shown. She had a card from a pupil saying she was "inspiring", as an example. Just cause she wears wee skirts and has cleavage bearing tops on doesn't detract from that fact? And yeah she comes in with heavy hangovers and (one would assume heavy mental health issues re:her mums suicide) but again, who's to say that means she's a tit teacher?
I can go on. Say many things. Buy it's only 2 eps in. And what I'm saying and my replies already, I fear, don't 100% stick with the character she's playing.
So I'll leave it there.

Oh good shout. I missed that as I wfh and was trying to, er, multitask?
I never said or implied what she wears, or she deserved to be sexually assaulted, and I know what impact suicide can have on you, it's my opinion on this series:rolleyes:

I never said or implied what she wears, or she deserved to be sexually assaulted, and I know what impact suicide can have on you, it's my opinion on this series:rolleyes:
That's just my take from what you were saying, everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine was in response from yours. I don't think it derailed but if it did I would proffer an apology