"The Syndicate"

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed it. Nice and light-hearted, no confusion, after all the angst of Unforgiven and Line of duty it is welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
O I loved this im glad there's another one coming out and doesn't gaynor face co write it? Or am I getting confused with another series

I liked prisoners wives that was a series too but they stopped that and the one off sugar town
I loved Prisoners Wives, the young mum in it was in the Syndicate too I remember plus it was brilliant seeing the lad from Benidorm playing a serious role

Reactions: 3
the first episode was really good, but this second episode has me cringing so much!! i dont know what's changed

Reactions: 2
So glad to see that others are also not feeling this series like the others, I'm the same, was looking forward to it as other series have been good but there is just something about this one so far that makes it not as good, I actually found it annoying when I was watching last night's episode. Maybe it will get better ?

Reactions: 1
I loved Prisoners Wives, the young mum in it was in the Syndicate too I remember plus it was brilliant seeing the lad from Benidorm playing a serious role
Yes that was it,I quite liked it.they stopped at right point as there's only so long can run this type of show but there was no closure

So glad to see that others are also not feeling this series like the others, I'm the same, was looking forward to it as other series have been good but there is just something about this one so far that makes it not as good, I actually found it annoying when I was watching last night's episode. Maybe it will get better ?
I found last night I've guessed the story line,he is going to get attacked/dog stolen/threatened for money.the kids are going to find him/Duke save the day realise gaynor (can't even remember character name) was going to con them too.they are going to get money back and frank going to prison they all live happy,boys going to get his daughter custody.main one going buy her brother a TV etc

Reactions: 6
Past series have had strong well known cast members with strong side stories, like domestic abuse, benefit fraud, IVF. The majority of this cast isn’t known and are very young. Second episode I felt I was watching a drama on CBBC

Reactions: 10
I preferred in the previous series each episode focused on single character and their past/story.

I preferred in the previous series each episode focused on single character and their past/story.
I've only just realised now you've said it that they haven't don't that this series.

It was one of the things I loved about the show. You saw each characters story, and how it weaved and fitted in with each other characters story. It was great writing.

Probably one of the things I don't like about the series without realising it, I feel the writing is lazy, and that change in the way they are telling the story will be part of it.

Not watched the other seasons so nothing to compare to but my mum loves this show so I thought I'd give it a go. I felt like I was watching a school play. The acting is awful and cringy in parts and the storyline seems weak. Not sure if I'll bother with the other episodes to be honest

Reactions: 4
Just catching up on episode 2, and only now realised Frank is Neil Morrissey is Frank. He has changed a lot. Wonder would Amanda Holden go for him now. & yes, I know we all age; me included. Unless you are Amanda...

Absolutely love this show because it’s so tit and have been laughing at all the ridiculous storylines and plot holes! 😂
I think the main idea is good but it’s so poorly executed. Everything seems rushed and there is zero tension, don’t feel for any of the characters one bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
this season is just beyond far-fetched. Some very silly sub-plots and just completely unrealistic scenarios. I prefered the previous formats of each episode focusing on one characters life before and during, and seeing how Money does not make anything better, sometimes worse.

Not a green screen version of Monaco and some cringe scenes

WTF has Neil morrisey done , is he having a mid life crisis, what's going on with his face, he looks like Sharon Osborne he has had so much botox , and he has dyed his hair , probably had it plugged , I was cringing , he has forced so much in the desire to be younger he may as well wearing clothes teenagers wear , what a shock to the system 🤣🤣

I was interested in seeing this till I knew he was in
He looks like a 60 year old heroin addict , im not even sure who or what his character is tbh , they could have got an actual 60 year old heroin addict off the streets and he would have been a better actor

• Haha
I love this show so much.

One of the storylines is not so far-fetched - the same thing happened in NZ some years ago (the amount wasn't as much, but even so ...):

From https://www.lotterypost.com/news/122727:

A New Zealand lottery winner who double-checked his jackpot found he had been shortchanged thousands of dollars by a storeowner.

TVNZ reports the owner of a Lotto shop in Kapiti Coast told the man he had won $642 New Zealand ($440 U.S.). It turns out when the lucky winner checked with the Lottery Commission the actual payoff on his $6 ticket was 50 times that amount, or about $20,000 U.S. dollars.

The commission said Lotto shops are required to have computer screens visible to customers and to return winning tickets to their owners.

The Lotto shop owner is no longer in business and is scheduled to appear in court next week.

Here was the outcome for those who are interested:

Defence lawyer Chris Lillie told Porirua District Court that Patel gave the second division ticket to a man whose relative was dying of cancer.

However Judge Michael Behrens said Patel's excuse was "bizarre" and he did not believe compassion was the motivation behind his offending.

He fined Patel $2000 for failing to inform the Lotteries Commission of three previous theft convictions when applying for his franchise license, and $5000 for obtaining the prize by deception, and ordered him to repay the commission's investigation costs of $1336.84.

(From https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/lotto-shop-owner-fined-for-cheating-winner/3MBUHI7FWHF54SEWQVEHYSQ4FY/)