The Suspect (ITV)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The detectives were a joke. The female officer was expressionless throughout😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The series started well but ended a bit rubbish. So the bad guy was
exactly who Joe was saying it was from like the second ep
. Bit of an anticlimax!

Reactions: 3
Was that it? The book was miles better!

I'm a fan of the Joe O'Laughlin books by Michael Robotham. He also writes the Cyrus Haven series which I loved, and also stand alones like The Secrets She Keeps (which was on BBC1 recently and wasn't great IMO ...)

I can't believe how bad the TV series is. The police officers are like caricatures, there's awful stilted dialogue and the main copper never seems to know anything. he's always being reminded by his other officer. It's such lazy writing and treats the audience like they can't remember anything.

I don't think the plot comes across well on screen. A lot of reviews of the book say it's slow to start but picks up and is good in the end. I think the TV series just seems to get worse!
I couldn't agree more - I love Michael Robotham books, especially the Dr Joe O'Loughlin and the Dr Cyrus Haven series. I was disappointed by the most recent standalone/start of a series concerning the female PC who hailed from a criminal family though. This ITV adaptation just wasn't very good.

Last edited:
I feel like I’m going mad because I was sure that before this aired, the synopsis was that Joe is trying to help someone who’s standing at the edge of the building. That person jumps and the mystery is whether Joe convinced them to jump. Am I imagining this or is it a different book or something?!