The Suspect (ITV)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did everyone think of last night's episode? It really picked up from the previous episodes and was far more interesting imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
What did everyone think of last night's episode? It really picked up from the previous episodes and was far more interesting imo.
Is it on itv hub? I didn't see it on the schedules last night so thought it had been postponed

Reactions: 1
Is it on itv hub? I didn't see it on the schedules last night so thought it had been postponed
I watch it on another website because I can't stand the ads on the Hub but it should be on there if I managed to watch ep 4.

Reactions: 2
It’s on now on itv!

It was good - if a little far-fetched! The detectives just seem to want to pin the blame on Joe.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The actor playing bobby is seriously over acting this part. Proper annoying. The writing is quite poor too. The police just seem to believe everything they hear that allows them to blame Joe 🤣

With everyone on how much the police have it in for Joe. They will either look very clever or very stupid. Although on the topic of stupid, I genuinely have only just realised it's the Poldark man (never watched it) playing the main character.

Reactions: 5
The investigating officers honestly come across so thick and annoying but maybe I'll be proven wrong next week.

I'm a fan of the Joe O'Laughlin books by Michael Robotham. He also writes the Cyrus Haven series which I loved, and also stand alones like The Secrets She Keeps (which was on BBC1 recently and wasn't great IMO ...)

I can't believe how bad the TV series is. The police officers are like caricatures, there's awful stilted dialogue and the main copper never seems to know anything. he's always being reminded by his other officer. It's such lazy writing and treats the audience like they can't remember anything.

I don't think the plot comes across well on screen. A lot of reviews of the book say it's slow to start but picks up and is good in the end. I think the TV series just seems to get worse!

• Heart
I'm a fan of the Joe O'Laughlin books by Michael Robotham. He also writes the Cyrus Haven series which I loved, and also stand alones like The Secrets She Keeps (which was on BBC1 recently and wasn't great IMO ...)

I can't believe how bad the TV series is. The police officers are like caricatures, there's awful stilted dialogue and the main copper never seems to know anything. he's always being reminded by his other officer. It's such lazy writing and treats the audience like they can't remember anything.

I don't think the plot comes across well on screen. A lot of reviews of the book say it's slow to start but picks up and is good in the end. I think the TV series just seems to get worse!
I'm still enjoying it 😂

The plumber is Bobby's half brother and was responsible for all the killings to essentially make it up to Bobby for running away thus him being abused by the men whilst their mum did nothing to stop it. The ending was heartbreaking to watch but the best ep of the series imo!

So did his friend sleep with the wife or was that a lie? It never got mentioned again

Good ending although there may well be a demand for a public apology demanded by the city of Liverpool combined with a boycott of ITV in the days to come. A little bit surprised he thanked the officers whose complete 'blinkeredness' allowed more people to die plus his home to be destroyed and his wife and child traumatised. Looked like his Parkinson's was getting worse at the end but a good series overall.

Reactions: 3