Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Alfie1234

VIP Member
He should have picked Joseph up and told the dog firmly to go. Never encourage someone to kick a dog especially in front of a child. A dogs more likely to bite in self defence.
---
I’ve had someone kick my short leaded dog when theirs unleaded came right up to snif then growled. Mine growled back. He was on a lead as he he’s scared of some other dogs nuts fine with kids. The other that’s fine with both was off lead. That man really hurt my boy he got him in the ribs. My boy never hurt the man or his dog. If I wasn’t in a wheelchair then he would have got it. Luckily it was witnessed by another guy with a kid. He stood up to him then told his kid never kick a dog. He lifted my injured boy onto my knee. Turns out he was known for kicking other peoples dogs.
Your situation is different though, if it’s a case of protecting my child and the dog isn’t listening then yes, I’ll put myself between the dog and child and use force if necessary to get the dog away. To be honest the spaniel looked quite elderly and overweight and I doubt it would have taken much for Ben to tell it to go, but he was just an absolute wet wipe. However, the only one in the wrong was the owner of the dog, no matter how much we dislike the Sullivans they were at the beach and the dog ran up to them, jumped all over them and stole the kids shoe, if it had been my dog I would have been mortified and the woman should have got the dog and apologised. Just because the beach is public doesn’t give the dog owner the right to do what she did, I hope she is embarrassed by her behaviour.

Reactions: 2

spilleroftea

VIP Member
Yeah very Northern accent. I just can’t understand where they get all their money from? Did they win the lottery or have a huge inheritance. She has Botox and now saying about having private heath care. Can’t be on Pip cos she does loads, not incapacitated in anyway.
Yeah I have got it, not really watched them loads but instantly had an idea who you were talking about..
Very strange.

Reactions: 2

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Has the lady with the dog commented? Be interested on her side of the incident
What could her side be that would justify what she allowed her dog to do?
---
I just watched his rant and the clip of the dog. IMO he completely overreacted.
He just doesn’t like it when other people are where he wants to film like the woods and beach.
I’m sorry, how did he over react? A strange dog ran up to them, jumped up all over them and stole his kids shoe and ran off while the owner did nothing, was he supposed to laugh? Joseph was genuinely petrified, although Toby just seemed totally disengaged by it all while Ben ranted and ignored poor Joseph, I don’t understand why he didn’t put his arms round Joseph to help him feel safe. Picking him up wouldn’t have been the best idea as it might have encouraged the dog to jump up more. I can’t believe people are defending the woman and the dog.

Reactions: 1