The Staircase

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not watched the documentary just the Colin Firth series and I don't understand the own theory , unless I missed something , didn't she get attacked by the owl outside (theoretically) so how would she end up on the stairs?
She isn’t knocked out by the owl so goes inside, presumably to get a towel to put over the wounds, but is dizzy from the attack and slips while trying to go up the stairs

Reactions: 2
She isn’t knocked out by the owl so goes inside, presumably to get a towel to put over the wounds, but is dizzy from the attack and slips while trying to go up the stairs
Ah right , that explains it then thanks

Reactions: 1
Just watched the last one.
That final scene with him smirking. Reminded me of that scene in "The Jinx" where he says "killed 'em all".

I didn't realise he wasn't still with Sophie. What a chump she was to believe him, he's obviously a serial liar. I was hoping their house together was a bungalow, for her sake.

Reactions: 8
I've not watched the documentary just the Colin Firth series and I don't understand the own theory , unless I missed something , didn't she get attacked by the owl outside (theoretically) so how would she end up on the stairs?
The theory is she got attacked on her way back to the house, maybe just near the door, a quick swoop down, claws in and fly off and then she stumbled into the house (i think the foot of the staircase was right near the door?)
I’ve only ever seen the Netflix doco and heard about owl theory on serial, also listened to the bbc podcasts about the case, found owl theory compelling but sounds like as time has gone on the family seem more and more shady

Reactions: 4
The documentary makers are portrayed as being sympathetic to him in the Netflix series - seemed to me anyway.

What a vile man. A user, if nothing else (I think he’s guilty).

Reactions: 11
I just can't give the owl theory any credence at all. I'm sure Peterson himself has said he doesn't believe it either. I think when people hear about the feathers, they think of the ones we see in pillows or cushions. The actual feathers are microscopic, invisible to the human eye. So small, that a renowned ornithology expert from the Smithsonian could not identify them from any particular type of bird. As far as I'm aware, they've never even been tested for bird DNA, therefore they've never even been identified as owl feathers at all. They could be pigeon, sparrow, anything.

I have wooden stairs, and they attract all kinds of detritus like a witch. I can guarantee that if I put water on my hand, a forensic expert would find microscopic feathers on it, along with all other kinds of animal and insect matter.

Her injuries in no way resemble other injuries from bird strikes. No puncture wounds, etc. I am almost certain that the feathers were picked up from where she was sitting outside, or picked up from the stairs, by sticking to her blood. An owl would've left more than 2 tiny, microscopic feathers.

She was killed by a human, most probably her husband. If not him, one of her step-sons, and least likely, by an intruder.

Reactions: 9
She was also strangled as she had a broken thyroid cartilage. An owl didn’t do that to her. The whole owl theory is an insulting pile of dung.

Reactions: 10
I just can't give the owl theory any credence at all. I'm sure Peterson himself has said he doesn't believe it either. I think when people hear about the feathers, they think of the ones we see in pillows or cushions. The actual feathers are microscopic, invisible to the human eye. So small, that a renowned ornithology expert from the Smithsonian could not identify them from any particular type of bird. As far as I'm aware, they've never even been tested for bird DNA, therefore they've never even been identified as owl feathers at all. They could be pigeon, sparrow, anything.

I have wooden stairs, and they attract all kinds of detritus like a witch. I can guarantee that if I put water on my hand, a forensic expert would find microscopic feathers on it, along with all other kinds of animal and insect matter.

Her injuries in no way resemble other injuries from bird strikes. No puncture wounds, etc. I am almost certain that the feathers were picked up from where she was sitting outside, or picked up from the stairs, by sticking to her blood. An owl would've left more than 2 tiny, microscopic feathers.

She was killed by a human, most probably her husband. If not him, one of her step-sons, and least likely, by an intruder.
Totally agree. I think the doco and the Sky drama and any other series/ podcasts etc have really hammed up the owl theory to create a better/ more complex story. Its clearly a load of tosh. I work with a girl who also loves true crime stuff and she's usually really down to earth and switched on and I was gobsmacked when she said she thinks it was the owl!

I also think this series has done poor Kathleen a great disservice. Showing her getting rimmed at the kitchen sink, getting fingered in the bath, shagged on the dressing table. So disrespectful and awful for her sisters and daughter. I know they have to ramp up the drama but this was a real person.

Reactions: 18
I viewed that as part of his manipulation I suppose. She’s ostensibly enjoying a vibrant, healthy sex life but he’s keeping her where he needs her (“satisfied”) to carry on funding his life and disguising his man activity.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If this hadn’t been the last episode, I think I’d have given up with it

The last episode was very poor. I wonder did covid interfere with filming because Colin completely lost his accent towards the end

I viewed that as part of his manipulation I suppose. She’s ostensibly enjoying a vibrant, healthy sex life but he’s keeping her where he needs her (“satisfied”) to carry on funding his life and disguising his man activity.
I wondered if they were trying to show she was in sexual thrall with him which might be a reason to put up with his god awful behaviour /personality. He totally did it. I've watched both and I said it from episode 1.

Reactions: 6
Speaking of accents, Sophie also lost her French one after a few episodes

I finally watched the last episode today and Colin Firth convinced me with the ending that he was guilty. I don’t know if that was the intention but that was the feeling I got from it.

Reactions: 4
Off topic but can anyone reccomend any other hbo/sky series to watch? I've seen Mare of East town and the one about the judge with the Dad off Malcolm in the middle (can't remember what it's called)

Off topic but can anyone reccomend any other hbo/sky series to watch? I've seen Mare of East town and the one about the judge with the Dad off Malcolm in the middle (can't remember what it's called)
For HBO shows, Succession is excellent. I’m sure The Flight Attendant is also HBO and is really good. Oh, and Big Little Lies. I love Euphoria but that’s maybe more of an acquired taste than the others.

I do tend to love a HBO show 🥰

Reactions: 3
For HBO shows, Succession is excellent. I’m sure The Flight Attendant is also HBO and is really good. Oh, and Big Little Lies. I love Euphoria but that’s maybe more of an acquired taste than the others.

I do tend to love a HBO show 🥰
Thank you , I actually started the flight attendant tonight , will keep the others in mind.

Have you seen the son's (Todd.b.peterson) stories today? He's on one again

• Wow