The Staircase

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really interesting watching the netflix documentary first. I am watching the amazon prime movie of the staircase murders. This really is making him look guilty totally different to the documentary. The movie suggests the police and the DA didn't like him due to what he's written about them. Also the actor is also making him look really fake with the tears and the bad acting. I watched the documentary and he didn't seem as fake as the actor on the amazon movie. I don't think he did it. I do think someone did do it. Maybe it was the owl 👀 👀

Reactions: 3
I’m nearly finished the documentary, such a fascinating story. I cried when he was convicted, for his daughter’s, they were so vulnerable and it showed the human side. I read since about his relationship with the documentary editor and that he then reunited with his ex wife the mother of the boys…wtf? That part really hard to wrap your head around or just me?

Reactions: 6
Anyone seen this on youtube? Todd Peterson was his fathers biggest supporter.. I can't decide if Michael is guilty or not? I haven't watched the sky drama with Colin Firth yet.. It;s on my list to watch next. I've only watched the Netlix one.

Todd Peterson says his dad Michael Peterson killed Kathleen, Patricia, and Elizabeth! ? - YouTube
Please tell me someone else is following Todd's Instagram ? He's absolutely insane, it's fascinating. I don't know if it's drugs or metal illness but everyday day or just gets weirder and weirder.

This was about 6 months ago. He's talking about his birth mother.
He's talking about his birth mother ( Patty) but also Kathleen and Liz in Germany, it seems like he's had some sort of breakdown and is accusing his father of being a serial killer and murdering all three.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Please tell me someone else is following Todd's Instagram ? He's absolutely insane, it's fascinating. I don't know if it's drugs or metal illness but everyday day or just gets weirder and weirder.

just wow ... He’s sooo weird.

Couldn’t help but look at the insta account and wtf ??!?? How old is he ? He’s soo strange !

Reactions: 4
I’d say Todd knows more than he is letting on but can’t say too much without being done for withholding. I’ve no doubt he’s going through something right now but I also believe he’s telling the truth about Michael.

Reactions: 7
I’d say Todd knows more than he is letting on but can’t say too much without being done for withholding. I’ve no doubt he’s going through something right now but I also believe he’s telling the truth about Michael.
Oh yeah I so get this feeling and it's got to him and driven him a bit mad.

His Instagram is gone now and his tik tok has nothing on it. I haven't been watching his stories for a while so I didn't see what happened but I'm assuming he didn't go quietly, did anyone see what happened ?

His Instagram is gone now and his tik tok has nothing on it. I haven't been watching his stories for a while so I didn't see what happened but I'm assuming he didn't go quietly, did anyone see what happened ?
Unfortunately not. There's something strange about that whole family imo. I've rewatched the documentary on Netflix and the bit where Martha says she and Margaret didn't start calling Kathleen 'mom' until 4 yrs before her death struck me as odd - I can understand a young child suddenly starting to call a step-parent mum or dad instead of their first names, but not big grown up teenagers. Before she said that, the interviewer asked what age she was when her mother died and she replied 'eighteen'. The interviewer said '18 months?' Then it dawned on her he meant her actual mother. Maybe I'm reading more into this whole thing but there seems to be something very cult-like about the family.

This series has really run out of steam. Good job there's only one more episode.

The time jumps can be very confusing alright. Also I wish it got more into how Michael and Kathleen met and the early part of their relationship. Wasn’t there an incident in Paris where he assaulted her years before?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I've started watching the staircase on Sky. Colin Firth wasn't the right actor to play Michael. Every now and again his real accent comes out. I just keep thinking of Mr Darcy. Also her neck injury from the swimming pool before her death on the stairs. Could this account for the thyroid cartridge injury? It's never been mentioned even though she fell in a public place. The sky drama is making her out to be very clumsy. They are really going for this owl theory. I did enjoy the documentary that was more interesting.

I think the casting is excellent, especially the two prosecutors.

The Petersons are such a creepy family. In real life, the one played by Sophie Turner looks a lot like Michael. Wouldn't be surprised if he was her biological father. She was always the one who was most steadfast in her support of him.
No I wouldn't be surprised either. Did they ever give Michael Peterson a lie detector test re Kathleen or Liz's murders btw? That would've been interesting.

The time jumps can be very confusing alright. Also I wish it got more into how Michael and Kathleen met and the early part of their relationship. Wasn’t there an incident in Paris where he assaulted her years before?
Really? Can't remember that. But that wouldn't surprise me either.

I thought Colin was quite weak in this last episode. He was very good up until the last one where he seems to have dropped the accent and just became Colin Firth

Reactions: 1
I'll need to check out the new series, watched the documentary a while back and was obsessed for a bit! I always get so into these true crime mysteries and forget that I'm not going to get any answers haha.

I do think he did it though, there are just so many strange things that don't make sense, even if there was an owl. And he gave me the creeps the minute he appeared on screen

I've not watched the documentary just the Colin Firth series and I don't understand the own theory , unless I missed something , didn't she get attacked by the owl outside (theoretically) so how would she end up on the stairs?

Reactions: 1