The Spring Thread 🌸 💐 🌺

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally starting to feel a bit of warmth coming through, yay! I’m so glad our hedges are growing back as I cut one back too much last summer and made a big gap 🤐 I have put up all the canes for my sweet peas and runner beans. The sweet peas seeds are just coming up in a wee pot on the window sill, while the beans are a bit ahead of themselves and are already about 30cm high and desperate to be potted out! Should I wait another month or take a risk and put them out? (In the southwest)

Reactions: 5
Spring has arrived today in Bucks! I’ve got two loads of washing on the line, I’m wearing my Birkenstocks, and taking the kids to the park for ice cream! I’m a May baby so Spring is definitely my season!

I honestly dread the summer months. I don’t cope in high temps and my kids don’t sleep!

• Heart
I bought my surfinia at the weekend and will hopefully get them potted up this week. No great warmth here yet, which is fine, it's still early, but I'm looking forward to getting the garden furniture out and seeing some colour appear in the garden.

Reactions: 1
Washing out on the line today, bliss. Still chilly at points though, this weather is so weird.

Today was nice- warm and sunny and the birds were out in force singing. Of course there's a hint of nice weather and it's ruined by the neighbours' building work and DIY projects drowning out the birdsong 😅

Reactions: 7
It’s meant to be really windy where I am today 😭😭
Same here. I’ve been on annual leave this week and the weather has been awful. It’s either been windy, raining, dull and grey or a mix of all. I was hoping to spend a lot of time outdoors but I’ve pretty much slept the week away and been a hermit because the weather has been so tit. I’m not off again for another few months and by that time it’ll be summer😞

Nice day today. This is ideal temperature for ne personally. Dislike it too hot, so low 20s is perfect.

Reactions: 3
Another day of dark grey skies and thick fog all day. If I remember right, it’s been 6 days since there’s been even a hint of sunshine. I just want to see some colour again☹💔
IMG_8455.jpeg

It was 18 here yesterday. Now it’s raining and meant to rain all day 😟😭. Typical bank holiday weather. I put my cushions out on the rattan set in the garden for the first time yesterday. Bloody typical

It was 18 here yesterday. Now it’s raining and meant to rain all day 😟😭. Typical bank holiday weather. I put my cushions out on the rattan set in the garden for the first time yesterday. Bloody typical
same! It’s the inconsistency I can’t deal with, one minute I’m sitting out in garden in shorts, next I need winter coat boots and umbrella out

How's everyone and their spring garden's and pots doing?

I've potted and planted all mine so looking forward to seeing huge bursts of colour in the next few weeks 🥰

How's everyone and their spring garden's and pots doing?

I've potted and planted all mine so looking forward to seeing huge bursts of colour in the next few weeks 🥰
How do you decide what to plant in your garden? I have a elderly person i know and wanted to plant some stuff for her, but i know nothing about gardening or planting plants. I'm not green fingered whatsoever.

Reactions: 2
How do you decide what to plant in your garden? I have a elderly person i know and wanted to plant some stuff for her, but i know nothing about gardening or planting plants. I'm not green fingered whatsoever.
My dad is my inspiration to be honest. I kinda just plant what he does. But I have planted two big pots of petunia surfinia for my friend as he has just bought a house so they'll be full of colour for the whole summer once they kick off. Can you get to a garden centre, they're always very helpful and will be happy to advise once you explain what you're looking to do.

Reactions: 2