Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
Ahh I've just found this thread. I love spring, even if the weather isn't very spring like atm. Here are some of my favourites from my garden. My daughter and I planted 200 bulbs in November. Completely worth it now 🌷
20240405_135413.jpg
IMG_20240403_155018_619.jpg
IMG_20240324_134907_782.jpg
FB_IMG_1712351582600.jpg
FB_IMG_1712351585864.jpg
FB_IMG_1712351593670.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
Happy first day of Spring everyone! It's not very Spring-like where I live, but Persian New Year (Nowruz) starts later tonight, so I'll be channelling all the goodness of Spring then and hope it brings us all some sunshine, more blossom, daffodils and happiness.
This isn't my haftsin table, but I wanted to share what many of us (around 300 million people) do to mark the arrival of Spring. We lay a table with seven (because it's a lucky number) items that begin with the letter "S" in Persian that represent renewal, good luck and wisdom. Here's a link to a nice article that explains it better for anyone who's interested

1679330631226.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Look what I saw at work today (I know you’ve probably had them for days but I live in the frozen north!). I’m so excited, yesterday was horrific rain but today actually feels better (and it’s getting light 😀).

IMG_6170.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Does anyone else just love having all their windows open when it starts getting a bit warmer 🤣 i love letting the fresh air in
Ive vaccumm packed up all my winter pyjamas and jumpers now so if it suddenly gets really cold you can all blame me 🤣

Reactions: 14

Donnavanessa

VIP Member
I’ve got a beautiful lilac tree in my garden which my dear late Mom and Dad gave me. I love it when it flowers every spring and it’s smells gorgeous . I always cut some and display it in my Mom’s vintage glass jug - seeing it makes me feel they are close by 💜💜

• Heart

JoJo76

VIP Member
Spuds went down today. Had my 11 year old little helper that I pay to help me as I broke my back last year, she is an absolute delight to be around and makes me crave grandkids!! My husband would help but would sulk the whole time and take the fun and enjoyment out of gardening.

My mates joke that I use child labour, but I think £10 an hour for an 11 year old is pretty good, and I have given her own big pots of stuff as her own project at home. Feedback welcome on that! She lives a few doors up, I bought her gardening gloves and will pay for all plant food etc for the stuff I give her.

• Heart

ElChanguito

VIP Member
Out and blooming at casa El Changuito:
Daffs (little and large)
Huge pink and blue hyacinths
Primroses
Muscari (grape hyacinths)
Hellebores
Camellias

Been and gone:
Cyclamen
Snowdrops
Crocuses

Yet to come:
Snakeshead fritillary (my fave :love:)
Tulips
Blubells
Apple, pear and cherry blossom

The leaves are unfurling on the tree this week! Yay!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
Love spring and lighter nights ahead. The cherry blossom I bought in memory of my mum as her birthday was April is already flowering and looking lovely 😍

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Another good thing about spring is all the chocolate we get to scoff on Easter and in the lead up to it 🐽🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Oohh what a lovely idea. I love spring. When you get up in the morning and can hear the birds already chirping away!!! The sun rising before 7am. The lighter evenings.
E55D7EFD-4841-4223-A7E0-A6274A862CEF.jpeg
My boyfriend got me an indoor lily plant forValentine’s Day. It’s come out this week properly and it’s soooo pretty. Looks lovely in the kitchen window 💕

I can’t wait for proper spring !!
---
I love Spring! Daffodils and sunflowers in my livingroom are my fave 🌼 🌻

I also love Easter and the hot cross bun flavour candle from Home Bargains is to DIE for
The white chocolate one smells amazing also. And they had another little one that had messages on it for Mother’s Day it smelled like he smelled. Gonna get it for myself for Mother’s Day 🤣🤣🤣. Mother’s Day is also my birthday this year gutted.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ElektraWintour

VIP Member
First day this year I’ve managed to dry washing out in the garden. I think I might be middle aged as it’s genuinely made me happy 😅

• Haha
Feel like today has been suchhhhh a lovely day. Been to the park and had some Ice cream. Then been in the garden all afternoon. Got my rattan furniture out with the cushions my solar lights in the tree , my little boy has been playing outside ALL weekend!! And my washing is blowing nicely in the wind! Got some ice lollies yesterday summer is officially here. Even just the smell of sun cream is heaven. My cat, dog and rabbits have been laying out in the sun on the decking 😅. Ok I’m done now 😂😂😂😂

I love this time of year 🌞 🍹 🌸 🍨

• Heart