The Spring Thread ๐ŸŒธ ๐Ÿ’ ๐ŸŒบ

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen the weather for week ahead forecast on bbc website. How mad is it that we will go through a colder snap next week? It is almost May and we are barely seeing temps above 13/14c at the moment. At least not where I am in East of England..

Reactions: 5
Just seen the weather for week ahead forecast on bbc website. How mad is it that we will go through a colder snap next week? It is almost May and we are barely seeing temps above 13/14c at the moment. At least not where I am in East of England..
15 this week. Then 10-11-12 next week! It always does it then itโ€™ll be warm in middle of may probably

Reactions: 2
Highs of 12 here then from Saturday- Thursday itโ€™s saying itโ€™ll be below 10 again ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

Today has been really nice and warm with blue skies, my kind of weather.

Spent a lovely productive few hours in the garden today. Transplanted plants and shrubs, gave the garden a good tidy up and have all my flowers in pots dotted around the place. Hopefully the bit of sunshine today will give all my solar lights a boost.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Saw a woodland full of bluebells, baby lambs and chickens back outside on my evening cycle ๐Ÿšฒ

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Windy and cold here but sunny, and some beautiful birdsong ๐Ÿ’• I love the springtime birdsong in the evening.

• Heart
Windy and cold here but sunny, and some beautiful birdsong ๐Ÿ’• I love the springtime birdsong in the evening.
Me too!! Been hearing all sorts of birds today. Itโ€™s definitely spring. And my neighbours nice tree I can see out of my window has blossomed today. So pretty.

Reactions: 3
How do you make magnolia tea then? Because my little magnolia is having an impressive second flush of flowers so I fancy giving it a goโ€ฆ.
Really basic I just steeped some petals in boiling water for a few minutes then took them out and drank the water! It tastes kind of gingery.
I've seen some recipes online where you infuse the petals for a lot longer in the fridge overnight and then presumably drink the tea cold which I don't fancy!
Apparently you can put the petals in salads too ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reactions: 1
I haaaaaaate hot weather (that 40c heatwave we had last year killed me off), but I live for spring. I'm pale and full of freckles so I BURN.

Yesterday was lovely and mild so today I've worn a short sleeve shirt to work. Omg. I am already regretting my decision. It's freezing and the wind today is unreal!! Trying to remember that April showers bring May flowers!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Spring flowers are just the best. And look at that industrious little ladybird. Hopefully heโ€™s dealing with the ๐Ÿคฌ lily beetle larvae for me
7DDA9682-A345-48B5-B7B4-D4E264582F36.jpeg

• Heart
I haaaaaaate hot weather (that 40c heatwave we had last year killed me off), but I live for spring. I'm pale and full of freckles so I BURN.

Yesterday was lovely and mild so today I've worn a short sleeve shirt to work. Omg. I am already regretting my decision. It's freezing and the wind today is unreal!! Trying to remember that April showers bring May flowers!
Haah Iโ€™m the same. I actually hated last summers temperatures. Was horrendous!!!
im also pale and burn like hell. It takes me MONTHS to go brown
Itโ€™s also freezing and windy at mine today. Put my washing out this morning and ended up putting extra pegs on everything as Iโ€™m worried my knickers are going to blow into next doors garden ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Itโ€™s been gorgeous here this past week. Sun shining and clear blue skies from sunrise to sunset. I love seeing bright yellow daffodils against blue skies๐Ÿ’•

As always though, Iโ€™m due to come off on annual leave at the end of next week and the temperatures plummet with rain and clouds coming my way๐Ÿ™„

Chucked it down here this weekend, but took the opportunity between showers to do some weeding, finally let go of some dead plants (I'd convinced myself they were just dormant... dream on) and tidied the porch.