The Spring Thread 🌸 💐 🌺

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out and blooming at casa El Changuito:
Daffs (little and large)
Huge pink and blue hyacinths
Primroses
Muscari (grape hyacinths)
Hellebores
Camellias

Been and gone:
Cyclamen
Snowdrops
Crocuses

Yet to come:
Snakeshead fritillary (my fave :love:)
Tulips
Blubells
Apple, pear and cherry blossom

The leaves are unfurling on the tree this week! Yay!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve got decent hyacinths in my garden for the first time this year! Have the conditions been particular good for them this year? Usually they’re munched by slugs and snails I think, maybe it’s been too cold for them!

Your garden sounds amazing 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I've some fab large pots for the front garden ready and waiting to fill. I must get time to go to the garden centre. All my baskets/window boxes/pots thrived last year and it, literally, made me so happy 😊 so I really hope I do just as well this year 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve got decent hyacinths in my garden for the first time this year! Have the conditions been particular good for them this year? Usually they’re munched by slugs and snails I think, maybe it’s been too cold for them!

Your garden sounds amazing 🥰
Funny you say that as usually I’m not a fan of hyacinths, but this year they have been 😍. I’ve got them on my spring bulb shopping list for next year now!

Reactions: 2
Another rainy day here so I couldn’t hang my washing out - I love the smell of washing dried outdoors.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well I put my bedding out to dry on the line yesterday, with LOADS of pegs because it was so windy. 30 mins later, sat in the 02 shop sorting a new contract and I got a photo from my daughter. Sheet blown into the middle of the extension’s roof. Man, getting that down was a ballsache 😂
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
It's been really sunny here today, super windy too but I managed to dry 4 loads of washing on the line so I'm happy :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Spuds went down today. Had my 11 year old little helper that I pay to help me as I broke my back last year, she is an absolute delight to be around and makes me crave grandkids!! My husband would help but would sulk the whole time and take the fun and enjoyment out of gardening.

My mates joke that I use child labour, but I think £10 an hour for an 11 year old is pretty good, and I have given her own big pots of stuff as her own project at home. Feedback welcome on that! She lives a few doors up, I bought her gardening gloves and will pay for all plant food etc for the stuff I give her.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Spuds went down today. Had my 11 year old little helper that I pay to help me as I broke my back last year, she is an absolute delight to be around and makes me crave grandkids!! My husband would help but would sulk the whole time and take the fun and enjoyment out of gardening.

My mates joke that I use child labour, but I think £10 an hour for an 11 year old is pretty good, and I have given her own big pots of stuff as her own project at home. Feedback welcome on that! She lives a few doors up, I bought her gardening gloves and will pay for all plant food etc for the stuff I give her.
This is so cute, you sound lovely 🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well I put my bedding out to dry on the line yesterday, with LOADS of pegs because it was so windy. 30 mins later, sat in the 02 shop sorting a new contract and I got a photo from my daughter. Sheet blown into the middle of the extension’s roof. Man, getting that down was a ballsache 😂
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….
Sorry about your sheet!! Can I ask what this tree is? I’ve always admired one in a neighbouring garden! Is it a type of magnolia? (Assuming it’s yours ha)

The hyacinths in my garden smell so divine - I keep going out there and sniffing them! 💜💚💗

• Heart
Reactions: 10