Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emzykins

VIP Member
I haaaaaaate hot weather (that 40c heatwave we had last year killed me off), but I live for spring. I'm pale and full of freckles so I BURN.

Yesterday was lovely and mild so today I've worn a short sleeve shirt to work. Omg. I am already regretting my decision. It's freezing and the wind today is unreal!! Trying to remember that April showers bring May flowers!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

fudgebox

VIP Member
I love winter at Christmas time only then I’m over it😆 so I love spring because it’s not too cold and not too hot it’s perfect! Hopefully our daffodils in the garden start to grow soon🥰

It’s been 15 degrees where I am today, I walked outside after work and it genuinely gave me the feeling of early Summer! 🙊 I’ve also decided I’m going to do some Easter baking for work next month - Creme egg and mini egg brownies 🍫🐰

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
In the late autumn / winter my cat usually goes out for about an hour before I go to work and then comes back indoors but yesterday he didn't come back in till I came home in the evening so him staying out all day means its warming up and spring is springing up, the next step will be for him to stay out all night.
---
Waking up to the birds chirping is lovely.🐦🐤🍃🌷☀
It is, and not being enveloped in darkness all the time is liberating, spring is my favourite season I love the lighter days stretching ahead and the beautiful spring flowers and the lambs in the fields.

JoJo76

VIP Member
Got new planters delivered, filled and ready to go. Starting with potatoes and onions this weekend. Also started putting bits of cat fur that I collect from grooming them out for the birds, they use it for their nests.

• Heart
Well I put my bedding out to dry on the line yesterday, with LOADS of pegs because it was so windy. 30 mins later, sat in the 02 shop sorting a new contract and I got a photo from my daughter. Sheet blown into the middle of the extension’s roof. Man, getting that down was a ballsache 😂
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….
---
But on the other hand….

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
It’s so nice and sunny today so I put a wash on, all excited to dry it outside for the first time this year.

Apologies in advance if we end up back in the depths of winter this afternoon, it’s my fault for putting the washing on. Happens every time

• Haha
  • Heart

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Does anyone else think the weather feels different now . Like despite still being damp , it's not so wintry now.

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I live in a seaside town and work opposite the pier and was looking out the window yesterday in work and there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. It was absolutely rammed as well. Also what people wear soon as there’s a bit of sun, there were lads with no tops on and girls in bum shorts and bralets 😂 It was still a bit cold 😂 but today is lovely and I’m off. got my washing out already ☀

• Heart
  • Haha

xbxbx

Chatty Member
It reached 13 degrees where I live today. The grass around the hospital I work in has recently been cut and it was so lovely walking back to my car in the milder weather with the smell of freshly cut grass in the air. Lots of pretty spring flowers starting to bloom too. I didn’t realise how much I loved the smell of freshly cut grass until I hadn’t smelled it for 6 months!🌸

• Heart

Elle Woods

VIP Member
It feels really spring like here today! It's really bright and sunny but there's a chill in the air, it's lovely :) I've managed to get some washing out on the line and I have noticed some daffodils growing in my front garden 💛

• Heart

malibu skies

VIP Member
It didn’t get dark until nearly 6pm tonight 😍

I love Spring - my birthday is in March so I’m biased but I love the warmer weather, lighter days, feeling like there’s something to look forward to after a loooong winter 🌸 🌺 ☀

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I LOVE spring. When I was a little girl, I used to find it boring. Now I love it. I love gentle yet not stifling warmth, the smell of the pollen and excitement in the air, fresh cut grass. I love being able to sit outside a pub or cafe and feel gentle warmth. I love not needing to wear a coat.

Reactions: 9