Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Yeah I'll have to go to a garden centre and ask. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to planting plants or what to plant in a small garden. I will probably look at YouTube too. You get any inspiration and ideas from YouTube?
Do you know the garden/area well? If so you could check the labels on the plants, to see if they prefer sunny or shady spots, how big they will grow, when they’ll flower, if they’re scented, and also if they’re suited to growing in pots. They’ll have displays in the garden centre of stuff that will be ready to flower soon. Just check the labels and you can’t go wrong. You can also look if they’ve got pots already planted up with displays, and copy what they’ve got in 😊

Reactions: 2

coconochanel

VIP Member
This is normally a complaint for the autumn thread but I've had TWO massive spiders in the house in one night!! What is going on!!
One was right next to me on the wall next to my bed as well😭😭 Don't know if I can sleep now 🥺
AND it's forced me to close the window so I'll be too hot to sleep anyway 😥😥😥
Oh I always close my windows at night as I have a fear of spiders coming in when I'm asleep. 😊

How do you decide what to plant in your garden? I have a elderly person i know and wanted to plant some stuff for her, but i know nothing about gardening or planting plants. I'm not green fingered whatsoever.
My dad is my inspiration to be honest. I kinda just plant what he does. But I have planted two big pots of petunia surfinia for my friend as he has just bought a house so they'll be full of colour for the whole summer once they kick off. Can you get to a garden centre, they're always very helpful and will be happy to advise once you explain what you're looking to do.

xbxbx

Chatty Member
It’s meant to be really windy where I am today 😭😭
Same here. I’ve been on annual leave this week and the weather has been awful. It’s either been windy, raining, dull and grey or a mix of all. I was hoping to spend a lot of time outdoors but I’ve pretty much slept the week away and been a hermit because the weather has been so shit. I’m not off again for another few months and by that time it’ll be summer😞

Reactions: 1

cococookie

Chatty Member
Raining all day yesterday and looks like it will be the same here again today. We had about two days of nice sunny weather and that was it 😅

I would really recommend buying a David Austin rose bush - I’ve got three or four and they are amazing, and seem to be much healthier than other rose plants I’ve bought. Some I’ve had for years 🥰 They’re a bit more pricey but all the hard work is done for you as they’re established and will flower in abundance that same year. You can get specific climbing ones if that’s what you’re after.
Thank you so much for this, I’ll have a look!! 🌺

This is the week I'm going to get my bits and bobs planted. Looking forward to having some colour around the place. My son got some bedding plants/shrubs to replace a few that weren't doing well so we will get those into the ground this week too.

Here's to a good, productive week 😊

Moongirl69

VIP Member
We usually leave the grass until April. I say we, but that's my Mr dept.

I have 3 loads of washing on the line! 💃

• Heart

Magee

VIP Member
Ooo where are you going on holiday. We have booked Spain for august and I can’t wait. I was looking at beach towels this afternoon 🤣🤣. Asda have got some really cute patterns
I’m off to Greece! I actually bought beach towels today, I wanted plain striped ones and H&M delivered! Had my current beach towel for about 10 years 😂

• Heart

Moongirl69

VIP Member
^^ me too! At last its warming up a bit. Im putting in runner beans, courgettes, kale, potatoes and red onions.
Hopefully a better crop than last year.

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
The Jaffa cake hot cross buns from Aldi are so good!. I've seen the cheese ones in M and S and just can't decide of they sound amazing or disgusting.

I have some pot eggs on strings the kids painted years ago that I'm going to hang on the bay trees tomorrow. Hoping for lots more sunshine and line drying 🌞.