The Split - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm enjoying series two I hope they do a third series but not wait two years. Stephen Mangan doesn't bother me he suits the part.

Don’t know how I missed series 1, but I’ve just watched both series.
Was refreshing to see Nicola Walker dressed up for a change because most of the roles I’ve seen her in she looks a tad downtrodden. Enjoyed it.
Where did you watch S1? I watched it before but it feels like so long ago, I'm sure I've forgotten half the story.

Regarding this series, I binged it on iPlayer a couple of weeks ago. I won't give anything away, but next week's episode is 😳

Where did you watch S1? I watched it before but it feels like so long ago, I'm sure I've forgotten half the story.

Regarding this series, I binged it on iPlayer a couple of weeks ago. I won't give anything away, but next week's episode is 😳
Series 1 is also on iplayer!

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm watching it purely for Nicola Walker.
Massive girl crush ❤❤❤
I can't get over how different she looks with blonde hair - like a completely different person (and sure, her character's make-up is different to what she wears in other shows, but even so ...).

The casting of this show is outstanding - all the characters are exactly like you'd see in the real world in those roles, in my opinion (aside from perhaps Nina, who would be better suited to a PR-type role). I love Donna Air's casting, too - and her acting in this.

I love quality British dramas so much!

Reactions: 3
I had a feeling *that* kiss would happen as there was a lot of unexpected chemistry between the characters. I thought the acting between them was excellent.
Is the series still being broadcast on tv? Just to be safe I’m replying in spoiler tags too.

Honestly I knew something was going to happen between them from their very first scene together. There was so much angry sexual tension in their rivalry. The writing isn’t always the most subtle in these ways. I like the acting and the relationship between the sisters and their mother but it does make me cringe too. And none of them look remotely similar which gets on my nerves. I know, suspension of disbelief, but between all 4 of them, none look related.
I was glad Nathan didn’t give her another chance, she didn’t deserve it at that point.
I’d welcome a third series if they had a really strong new storyline to focus on, rather than dragging the love triangle stuff out any further.

Reactions: 5
Now that it's finished airing, what did everyone think?

I was a blubbering mess at the end :cry:. My Labradors wondered what was wrong and kept nudging my feet!

It's probably best that they did split as Hannah said some unforgivable things to Nathan in the heat of the moment which would invariably lead to deeply set resentment from Nathan, even if he tried to hide it. Besides, I think there's always the chance she'd find herself been drawn back towards Christie, no matter where he was. Had they stayed together, Hannah probably would have seen it as 'settling' (even though she told Christie that Nathan was perfect in every other way).

The mother moving was a bit of a bombshell that went nowhere really. I guess she'll move in with Hannah should we see season 3.

The one thing this show didn't get right was how many events they had on week nights. I'm pretty sure Hannah wouldn't have the capacity to work crazy-long days in the office then arrive home in time to sit down for dinner ... more likely, she'd be home around 9/10pm (if it was real life). But I'm being picky. :sneaky:

If we get a season 3 I hope they don't keep us waiting for another two years. I'd also like to see Rose and her weird husband move away somewhere :sneaky:. I've gone completely off Nina, but she might be interesting to keep around to see what happens between her and Xander's husband. I'd also like to see the story of Hannah's para-legal continue in some form (she just left and that was the end of it which seemed a bit forgotten about).

the final episode on tv hasnt been shown yet its on tonight at 9 in case anyone is following it real time

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Okay, I bawled. I'm really emotional at the moment anyway so I knew it was going to happen :cry:

I think Hannah is better off on her own. Everyone's forgotten that Nathan met up with what, four women off that site? And that he went on there deliberately with the intention of looking for someone whereas Hannah and Christie just sort of happened.
That said, I think Christie is a complete tit too. The way he kept threatening to tell Nathan if Hannah didn't :mad:

I wasn't overly surprised with 'that kiss' either. The fact that they were thrown together so much in the series was obviously lining up for something to happen.

I don't think Rose and her husband add anything to the show, especially her husband. He just comes across as the most boring guy ever. SO boring in fact that I can't actually remember his name. Is he called James?

The Mum and Prof Ronnie are freaking me out because I just keep seeing the Grandad from 'Derry Girls'. Same with 'Duckface' from 4 weddings every time Richie Hanson's lawyer popped up 😂

Speaking of Richie Hanson, SO glad he got his comeuppance. He was an absolute asshole.

Okay, I bawled. I'm really emotional at the moment anyway so I knew it was going to happen :cry:

I think Hannah is better off on her own. Everyone's forgotten that Nathan met up with what, four women off that site? And that he went on there deliberately with the intention of looking for someone whereas Hannah and Christie just sort of happened.
That said, I think Christie is a complete tit too. The way he kept threatening to tell Nathan if Hannah didn't :mad:

I wasn't overly surprised with 'that kiss' either. The fact that they were thrown together so much in the series was obviously lining up for something to happen.

I don't think Rose and her husband add anything to the show, especially her husband. He just comes across as the most boring guy ever. SO boring in fact that I can't actually remember his name. Is he called James?

The Mum and Prof Ronnie are freaking me out because I just keep seeing the Grandad from 'Derry Girls'. Same with 'Duckface' from 4 weddings every time Richie Hanson's lawyer popped up 😂

Speaking of Richie Hanson, SO glad he got his comeuppance. He was an absolute asshole.
Yes kill rose off in the next series shes a bloody wet blanket. I LOVE the mum though shes so chic.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes kill rose off in the next series shes a bloody wet blanket. I LOVE the mum though shes so chic.
kill off rose AND Nina they are useless 😂 honestly they shouldn’t have killed off anthony Head in series one it might have made it more interesting

Isn't she just? And everyone seems to adore her. She reminds me a lot of an amazing woman I used to work for in recruitment. She was probably one of the wealthiest people I know but never flaunted it (dressed beautifully and had a lovely house and car, but never showed off per se); she seemed to have a bit of a secret side to her which, years later, was discovered to be that she spent her evenings volunteering for Lifeline.

kill off rose AND Nina they are useless 😂 honestly they shouldn’t have killed off anthony Head in series one it might have made it more interesting
No I think They could have some storylines with Nina and her baby and her drinking problem.

Reactions: 1

I've just remembered that Nathan tried it on with Nina too. Remember he tried to kiss her in the first series, I think in the back garden of their house?

I bawled my eyes out too. Really hope there is a season 3.

Love all the fashion in the show, hope that’s the end of Christie, just can’t see where his character can go apart from arguing with Hannah on cases.

Reactions: 1