The Sopranos

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only discovered The Sopranos a couple of years ago and binge-watched most of it, got a bit addicted tbh - only the house going on fire would've moved my arse from the sofa. Also just discovered Breaking Bad too during lock-down and can honestly say BB and The Sopranos are the two best things ever on telly. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So glad I’ve found this thread, so I have watched the sopranos multiple times over the last 15 years and just finishing it again recently

this time round I have felt Christopher is my favourite he is so vulnerable and never stood a chance,

have such a love and hate relationship with tony, he isa typical narcissist but you can’t help root for him.

I have to say my all time favourite is Paulie always have the most laughs from him

Reactions: 9
Just nearing the end of my 5th viewing of the complete show
I am on the part where Vito is discovered as being a secretly gay man and he flees to New Hampshire, great acting , sad storyline. Love , love , love the Sopranos.
I was actually booked to go on a Sopranos tour of New Jersey next month, sadly had to cancel, I would have loved to have seen the famous sites of the series I love so much..

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just nearing the end of my 5th viewing of the complete show
I am on the part where Vito is discovered as being a secretly gay man and he flees to New Hampshire, great acting , sad storyline. Love , love , love the Sopranos.
I was actually booked to go on a Sopranos tour of New Jersey next month, sadly had to cancel, I would have loved to have seen the famous sites of the series I love so much..
Aw it’s a shame you had to cancel! I’d love to do the tour too. Such a great show!

Reactions: 1
Some of the death scenes are masterful. Phil Leotardo at the garage- ‘say bye bye pop pop!’. And Bobby being shot in the model train store.

Reactions: 3
Love that there's a thread on this! I'd actually just posted that I'd started watching in the What are you watching thread yesterday. Just started episode 8, season 1 and probably won't read through this thread too much for now to skip the spoilers 😂 So I'll probably post more with my thoughts when I'm a bit further in. Loving it so far and can see why it's rated so highly!

• Heart
Love that there's a thread on this! I'd actually just posted that I'd started watching in the What are you watching thread yesterday. Just started episode 8, season 1 and probably won't read through this thread too much for now to skip the spoilers 😂 So I'll probably post more with my thoughts when I'm a bit further in. Loving it so far and can see why it's rated so highly!
It’s amazing. I’m so jealous that you get so experience it for the first time 😂😆!!!! I’d love to see it again for the first time.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
OK as promised I'm back with my thoughts 😂 I've just about finished season 5. My favourite characters are Furio, Junior, Paulie and Silvio! Although I've just finished the episode where Adriana dies, omg I haven't really gotten emotional at any particular scene so far but I was sick to my stomach watching it and it made me hate them all and almost not want to watch anymore! It was horrible watching her get abused by Chris so much, but still stick by him through everything, and knowing what I do now - without a chance at a happy ending ☹.

Despite Carmela being a total hypocrite for obvious reasons - I really like her too. Oh and agree with whoever said they couldn't stand Janice and AJ - Janice is such a nasty, manipulative person (practically stalking Bobby after Karen died because she wanted him for herself?? Telling him he should get over it?) and AJ, omg! The way he treats Carmela and Tony, and everyone really (he can't even say hello to people when they come over to the house??), but I hate seeing him getting smacked around so much by Tony too. If I had to guess it's because Tony sees a lot of himself in AJ and he resents it? Still no excuse though.

Even though I haven't finished it's easily one of the best things I've ever watched - people rave about Breaking Bad but I think this trumps that to be honest!

OK as promised I'm back with my thoughts 😂 I've just about finished season 5. My favourite characters are Furio, Junior, Paulie and Silvio! Although I've just finished the episode where Adriana dies, omg I haven't really gotten emotional at any particular scene so far but I was sick to my stomach watching it and it made me hate them all and almost not want to watch anymore! It was horrible watching her get abused by Chris so much, but still stick by him through everything, and knowing what I do now - without a chance at a happy ending ☹.

Despite Carmela being a total hypocrite for obvious reasons - I really like her too. Oh and agree with whoever said they couldn't stand Janice and AJ - Janice is such a nasty, manipulative person (practically stalking Bobby after Karen died because she wanted him for herself?? Telling him he should get over it?) and AJ, omg! The way he treats Carmela and Tony, and everyone really (he can't even say hello to people when they come over to the house??), but I hate seeing him getting smacked around so much by Tony too. If I had to guess it's because Tony sees a lot of himself in AJ and he resents it? Still no excuse though.

Even though I haven't finished it's easily one of the best things I've ever watched - people rave about Breaking Bad but I think this trumps that to be honest!
20221005_093133.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I always imagined the ending would have been alot better if, when it cuts to black, you heard what you think might have happened also. (Gunshots etc) so that it's still left to your imagination but a bit more of a bigger/dramatic ending if you know what I mean.

I’ve just rewatched for the first time in 10 years, currently watching the last ep.

This time round I’m actually so saddened when the deaths in the penultimate ep happen, some of my fave characters.

Phil has to be my least favourite character.

Weirdly I miss Tonys mother being in it, she was annoying but also so quotable ‘HE WAS A SAINT’

Also really enjoy when Melfi had just read up on sociopathic criminals in therapy and has that realisation moment. Sooo gooood. I’m so sad to be finishing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My favourite TV show of all time, just absolutely hate Meadow and all the stupid faces she pulls all the time, absolute spoil stuck up mare