The Sopranos

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An appreciation and discussion thread about what I consider to be the best series ever made - The Sopranos.

I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown, I’m already re-watching it!

Tony Soprano is maybe my favourite character ever written? I love Paulie, Junior and Carmela!

Janice and AJ... just.. no..

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
without a doubt i believe tony got whacked at the end, i genuinely don’t think i could hear an argument that would persuade me to think otherwise, all the signs are there! best ending ever also!

Reactions: 6
The best series ever hands down. I’ll forever be raging that Carmela didn’t get with Furio though 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
An appreciation and discussion thread about what I consider to be the best series ever made - The Sopranos.

I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown, I’m already re-watching it!

Tony Soprano is maybe my favourite character ever written? I love Paulie, Junior and Carmela!

Janice and AJ... just.. no..
I love this show.

I have watched the whole series numerous times, back-to-back. Such a pity the death of James Gandolfini though. 💔😥

Favourite characters are Tony Soprano, Carmela, Johnny Sacrimoni, Furio, Dr Melfi, Paulie, Adrianna.

One of my favourite episodes was “Pine Barrens” when Paulie and Christopher were stuck in the woods after shooting the Russian. 🤣😂

What do you all think about the ending?
Very ambiguous.

But you know they are shooting The Many Saints of Newark which is based on The Sopranos and is also written by David Chase, the creator of The Sopranos.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Best Show Ever! Ralphy was my least fav character! Oh Adriannas death has me 😭 everytime! I can’t even recall how many times I’ve watched it! Pine Barrens best episode 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I forgot Ralphy, he was the worst!!

Is it weird that I wanted something to happen between Tony and Adrianna? I would’ve been really interested to see how it went down with Chris and Carmela

Reactions: 7
Ralphy was loathsome but the actor was incredible imo like no one else could’ve played him. The scene where he calls Paulie’s mum makes me howl. So excited for The Many Saints of Newark!

Reactions: 7
Now I am very excited about this thread....loved the sopranos, no tv show will ever be as good in my opinion
The whole mob/New Jersey vibe, Tony was awesome.
Some great scenes, grisly with a little touch of humour.
only thing I didn’t care for were the ‘dream scenes’
Loved so much the scenes with Chris and Adrianna
Ralphy was absolutely absorbing to watch , the joke about genies wart on her arse! 🤣
...I could probably talk all day about this , it’s the greatest TV ever.
I think I have watched the whole thing 6 times and every time I love it just as much..

Ralphy was loathsome but the actor was incredible imo like no one else could’ve played him. The scene where he calls Paulie’s mum makes me howl. So excited for The Many Saints of Newark!
Ralphy ..yes he was amazing, does anyone remember Richie ? He was a horrible character, Janice sure knew how to pick them 🤣

Last edited:
Funny enough we’ve started this recently. I feel like none of the characters are likeable, I definitely relate to Tony tbough.

we’re only on season 3, but I really dislike Carmela.

Yes I remember Ritchie, did anyone else feel really sorry for young Jackie?
Also anyone else get the munchies for pasta and wine while watching? 😂

• Haha
Best Show Ever! Ralphy was my least fav character! Oh Adriannas death has me 😭 everytime! I can’t even recall how many times I’ve watched it! Pine Barrens best episode 😂
Long Term Parking episode was Adrianna’s demise. She wanted the married life with Christopher, away from it all. I felt so sorry for her when the FBI nicked her.

That vomiting scene over the table was funny though. 🤣

Yes I remember Ritchie, did anyone else feel really sorry for young Jackie?
Also anyone else get the munchies for pasta and wine while watching? 😂
I always wanted to go and raid Satriales. 🤣

Now I am very excited about this thread....loved the sopranos, no tv show will ever be as good in my opinion
The whole mob/New Jersey vibe, Tony was awesome.
Some great scenes, grisly with a little touch of humour.
only thing I didn’t care for were the ‘dream scenes’
Loved so much the scenes with Chris and Adrianna
Ralphy was absolutely absorbing to watch , the joke about genies wart on her arse! 🤣
...I could probably talk all day about this , it’s the greatest TV ever.
I think I have watched the whole thing 6 times and every time I love it just as much..

Ralphy ..yes he was amazing, does anyone remember Richie ? He was a horrible character, Janice sure knew how to pick them 🤣
I hated Ritchie, such a creepy bloke.