Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Scandalous_Purpose

okay ~controversial take~ but i fancy tony soprano, there’s something really attractive about him, and yes i know he’s a terrible person ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Scandalous_Purpose

An appreciation and discussion thread about what I consider to be the best series ever made - The Sopranos.

I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown, I’m already re-watching it!

Tony Soprano is maybe my favourite character ever written? I love Paulie, Junior and Carmela!

Janice and AJ... just.. no..

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14

LinaLamont

The best series ever hands down. I’ll forever be raging that Carmela didn’t get with Furio though 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
An appreciation and discussion thread about what I consider to be the best series ever made - The Sopranos.

I watched it for the first time during the first lockdown, I’m already re-watching it!

Tony Soprano is maybe my favourite character ever written? I love Paulie, Junior and Carmela!

Janice and AJ... just.. no..
I love this show.

I have watched the whole series numerous times, back-to-back. Such a pity the death of James Gandolfini though. 💔😥

Favourite characters are Tony Soprano, Carmela, Johnny Sacrimoni, Furio, Dr Melfi, Paulie, Adrianna.

One of my favourite episodes was “Pine Barrens” when Paulie and Christopher were stuck in the woods after shooting the Russian. 🤣😂

What do you all think about the ending?
Very ambiguous.

But you know they are shooting The Many Saints of Newark which is based on The Sopranos and is also written by David Chase, the creator of The Sopranos.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
Thank you Tony for the greatest intervention scene of all time.

“I'll keep this short and sweet. You're weak. You've become an embarrassment to yourself and everybody else."

• Heart
  • Haha

MrsSoprano

Best Show Ever! Ralphy was my least fav character! Oh Adriannas death has me 😭 everytime! I can’t even recall how many times I’ve watched it! Pine Barrens best episode 😂

• Sad

Im not ok

So glad I’ve found this thread, so I have watched the sopranos multiple times over the last 15 years and just finishing it again recently

this time round I have felt Christopher is my favourite he is so vulnerable and never stood a chance,

have such a love and hate relationship with tony, he isa typical narcissist but you can’t help root for him.

I have to say my all time favourite is Paulie always have the most laughs from him

Reactions: 9

1x2x3x4x

He was an interior decorator.. killed 16 Czechoslovakians.

What a character. RIP paulie. And sonny corleone too!

Best series of all time in my opinion too, will never be topped.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

Kmh1987

My favourite show of all time . My favourite love to hate character was livia, she was a piece of work . James gandolfini was amazing as Tony . The scene when he’s at Janice’s having dinner “sacre bleu where is me mamma”🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Scandalous_Purpose

Has anyone listened to the Talking Sopranos podcast? Steve Schrippira (Bobby) and Michael Imperioli (Christopher) host it and I do enjoy it. Steve annoys me a little, but they have amazing guests. They recently had David Chase on, they’ve had pretty much every member of the cast except for the guys who play Paulie and Junior!

The actors who play Meadow and AJ also have a podcast together and the actress who plays Adrianna does a podcast and often talks about her time on the Sopranos. Talking Sopranos is the best one though I think.

After mentioning AJ, I’d also like to just say that he is the reason I don’t want kids

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

JLXRD

VIP Member
I’ve just rewatched for the first time in 10 years, currently watching the last ep.

This time round I’m actually so saddened when the deaths in the penultimate ep happen, some of my fave characters.

Phil has to be my least favourite character.

Weirdly I miss Tonys mother being in it, she was annoying but also so quotable ‘HE WAS A SAINT’

Also really enjoy when Melfi had just read up on sociopathic criminals in therapy and has that realisation moment. Sooo gooood. I’m so sad to be finishing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Scandalous_Purpose

So charisma aside does anyone actually think Tony was a successful boss? He had multiple rats in his ranks and inner circle, he had so much trouble with internal arguments and with the other families. If you go by the black screen at the end meaning he died (rip 😢) then he was only a boss for what, 5ish years?

rewatching it for the 3rd time and when I really thought about I didn’t think he was. He spent most of the time running around putting out fires. I get that if Jackie had lived then he wouldn’t be boss and it was role he had to step into but I don’t think he was very successful at it.

almost finished. Never emotionally ready for the end even when I know it’s coming.
I just watched the episode where they travel to Italy and you can see that Tony is really out of his depth there. I think charisma can excuse a lot, maybe he wasn’t the best but you couldn’t buy the charisma that Tony had and that made him good enough I think.

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
I love the church scene when Paulie got spooked by the Virgin Mary appearing. 🤣

Hi guys! This is so high on my list to watch.

Where are you guys watching it?
Sky TV.

I always kind of hated it when Tony would cheat on Carmela though. He loved Carmela, the Mother of his children, but he loved illicit sex too. Had to have a goomah on the side.

I think that is what I liked about Johnny Sack. He never cheated on Ginny and let’s face it, he had ample opportunity. He loved her, even when she was gorging on chocolate treats, he still loved her. ❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Scandalous_Purpose

I forgot Ralphy, he was the worst!!

Is it weird that I wanted something to happen between Tony and Adrianna? I would’ve been really interested to see how it went down with Chris and Carmela

LinaLamont

Ralphy was loathsome but the actor was incredible imo like no one else could’ve played him. The scene where he calls Paulie’s mum makes me howl. So excited for The Many Saints of Newark!