The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's supposed to be a miniature labradoodle. Her mum is a labradoodle and her Dad a miniature poodle. 4 years old.
Screenshot_20230725_151103_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230725_151010_Gallery.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Our last 2 Greyhounds lived until they were 13, a good age for a larger dog.
Starting to think about re-homing another now after Buddy died late last year.
Miss him terribly, big daft thing even had his own settee 😁
View attachment 2331928
what a handsome boy, sorry for your loss, but I so admire folks who take in rescue dogs, will you get another?
Years ago when I was walking my young dog, we met a lady fostering 2 greyhounds, I was so tempted by one, beautiful brindle friendly one who had been rehomed 3 times, but unfortunately she chased cats and I had one, but that breed has the most loving eyes ever, such gentle placid giants .

• Heart
Reactions: 3
what a handsome boy, sorry for your loss, but I so admire folks who take in rescue dogs, will you get another?
Years ago when I was walking my young dog, we met a lady fostering 2 greyhounds, I was so tempted by one, beautiful brindle friendly one who had been rehomed 3 times, but unfortunately she chased cats and I had one, but that breed has the most loving eyes ever, such gentle placid giants .
Yes, we'll get another Greyhound, just not sure when.
Some have a strong desire to chase but many don't, our last boy was scared of small animals 😂
They're a very underrated breed

• Heart
ahh this is a wonderful thread! I lost my golden retriever 2 years ago he was just shy of 13, I miss him so much ☹ and can’t bring myself to get another dog as he broke my heart, those that have lost their dogs how long did it take for you to get another? I’m fortunate that my brother has a golden lab who I’m looking after right now whilst there away so still get all the cuddles without the permanent commitment and he’s fab company 🥰
Bit late to replying to this, I really think it's each to their own, I've grown up with dogs and really hate it when I've lost one, so for me it's only been weeks, I'm not replacing ( cos they've always meant the world to me) I'm giving another a good home and they've actually helped me with my grief of losing them, apart from the last one I lost, that bugger actually broke my heart ❤

• Heart
Does anyone watch The Asher House on YouTube?
So upset for them, pneumonia is affecting them and the whole state, they've lost the lovely Roo, really hoping all the doggies will get through this, especially Matilda.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So upset for them, pneumonia is affecting them and the whole state, they've lost the lovely Roo, really hoping all the doggies will get through this, especially Matilda.
Yeah it’s awful I wonder who brought the kennel cough into the sanctuary 🥺

Reactions: 1
I hope beautiful Lily is going to be ok too :(

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I hope beautiful Lily is going to be ok too :(
He's just brought 4 oxygen chambers, I really feel for them.

On another note, I've had a good day, just took my boy out to meet a couple of terriers, blimey I miss having a jack russell, I had to pick one of them up and have a cuddle, we're planning on a walk next weekend with them, hopefully it'll go well then we can think again about getting another dog.

• Heart
It was only a matter of time....another Greyhound 😁
Picked her up today from the rescue kennels.
20230810_144943.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A good wash was required, Tara still has her winter/spring coat, one or two scars as well.
Picked up a cheap duvet from supermarket on the drive home as we'd thrown out the old dog bed, a new bed arrives tomorrow though (thanks Amazon), Greys like to hang over the edge of a large, round sleeping place
#ThugLife 😁
20230810_164551.jpg

20230811_093013.jpg

She is such a gentle, timid soul (until there's food around)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
A good wash was required, Tara still has her winter/spring coat, one or two scars as well.
Picked up a cheap duvet from supermarket on the drive home as we'd thrown out the old dog bed, a new bed arrives tomorrow though (thanks Amazon), Greys like to hang over the edge of a large, round sleeping place
#ThugLife 😁
View attachment 2373863
View attachment 2373866
She is such a gentle, timid soul (until there's food around)
Aww she’s beautiful. Do you know her story?

Aww she’s beautiful. Do you know her story?
Yes, got her racing name, ear tattoos, I'll look her up in time.
Everything's new to her, house, tv, garden, traffic noises etc
We've had a few Greyhound's, but she's quite sensitive & scared to go out for a walk, but I reckon she will be fine given time.
Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I ♥ this so much! 🥰

I don’t believe this especially after watching a tiktok on it. He was just registered by the owners recently (2022) and the age was self declared by the owner so they could’ve just picked any age 🤷‍♀️. Also pics of ‘him’ as a puppy show he had white markings on his legs and muzzle and now they are brown. They did some DNA test that is related to age but can’t be used to predict age.

I don’t believe this especially after watching a tiktok on it. He was just registered by the owners recently (2022) and the age was self declared by the owner so they could’ve just picked any age 🤷‍♀️. Also pics of ‘him’ as a puppy show he had white markings on his legs and muzzle and now they are brown. They did some DNA test that is related to age but can’t be used to predict age.
Tik Tok the Holy grail of all truths and facts…. 🙄

Tik Tok the Holy grail of all truths and facts…. 🙄

Still think it’s fake. The SIAC thing is pointless as the owner self registered the age.. The vet how did they confirm it? I read from a vaccine certificate? Unless it’s from a microchip then I’d believe it. The pictures first 3 he has the white patches, so we are to believe an old animal instead of going grey turns brown?

Yes, got her racing name, ear tattoos, I'll look her up in time.
Everything's new to her, house, tv, garden, traffic noises etc
We've had a few Greyhound's, but she's quite sensitive & scared to go out for a walk, but I reckon she will be fine given time.
Thanks
I’m fostering at the moment and in the same position, never been in a house, had no idea what a toy is and we’re still struggling with walks and fear, it’s defo a journey, best of luck with everything xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2