The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is rayne … she crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. My partner rescued her at 7months old when she was being used for puppy fighting. She had a fabulous life and lived til she was 17
I’m sorry for your loss😢 17 what a good age!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is rayne … she crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. My partner rescued her at 7months old when she was being used for puppy fighting. She had a fabulous life and lived til she was 17
Sorry to hear that, we lost our big rescue Greyhound late last year, you gave Rayne a great life.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry for your loss - she was lucky to live with you.

This is my girl Indy on the left with one
IMG_0711.jpeg
of her daycare friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm old and don't know how to post a pic, but my collie is 5 this month, where does the time go, feels like yesterday when we got him. Pity they don't live for longer, so heartbreaking when they go, my last boy broke my heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It's really weird that my dog is 5 tomorrow, he's the only dog I've ever picked! It's a strange feeling that at the time I had 2 other dogs, never thought at the time he'd outlast the other 2, I do miss having 2 dogs, have tried another pup, didn't work broke my heart having to rehome him,sorry just maudlin abit tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My boy is now 5, he's lying on the bed next to me, panting, he's had a good day!
Just wondering how old some of you folks dogs lasted, oldest I had was nearly 16, youngest I lost wasn't even a year old, we picked her up when we moved into our home, gorgeous collie, but she got out and was killed on the road:(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
ahh this is a wonderful thread! I lost my golden retriever 2 years ago he was just shy of 13, I miss him so much ☹ and can’t bring myself to get another dog as he broke my heart, those that have lost their dogs how long did it take for you to get another? I’m fortunate that my brother has a golden lab who I’m looking after right now whilst there away so still get all the cuddles without the permanent commitment and he’s fab company 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
ahh this is a wonderful thread! I lost my golden retriever 2 years ago he was just shy of 13, I miss him so much ☹ and can’t bring myself to get another dog as he broke my heart, those that have lost their dogs how long did it take for you to get another? I’m fortunate that my brother has a golden lab who I’m looking after right now whilst there away so still get all the cuddles without the permanent commitment and he’s fab company 🥰
I lost my absolute best friend nearly 4 years ago, I wasn’t ready so last year i started doing temporary fostering. Highly recommend

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Our last 2 Greyhounds lived until they were 13, a good age for a larger dog.
Starting to think about re-homing another now after Buddy died late last year.
Miss him terribly, big daft thing even had his own settee 😁
20170331_161615~2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I lost my absolute best friend nearly 4 years ago, I wasn’t ready so last year i started doing temporary fostering. Highly recommend
Thankyou for replying, wow that’s a great idea do you find you get attached to the dogs though? I did consider this but as I work they probably wouldn’t let me so that’s why I’ve held off looking into it

This is our collie/spaniel cross. Rescued from Bosnia. She'll be 3 in November. She still has her fearful, nervous moments, but she's lovely. She also literally saved my life. When we first got her I started getting chest pains while walking her and ended up having major heart surgery thanks to the early warning!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thankyou for replying, wow that’s a great idea do you find you get attached to the dogs though? I did consider this but as I work they probably wouldn’t let me so that’s why I’ve held off looking into it
Yes I have got attached but the first one I couldn’t keep anyway, the second there were a few tears but she went to an amazing home and the third I still have currently as no one seems to want her. I’ve only fostered for small charities who are literally crying out for people to foster so I’m not sure about whether they’d let you with working or not.

Reactions: 2
I lost my dog 5 years ago next month. She was almost 14 when she had to be put to sleep. I feel like I grew up with her and she was like a best friend to me. I know to a lot that sounds stupid but you lot will understand I’m sure 🥰 Anyway I’ve yet to get another dog. Work commitments etc now wouldn’t allow it anyway but I honestly feel in my heart that she’s irreplaceable and even now I feel that all I’d do is compare a new dog to her and that isn’t fair. So for now I enjoy the time with everyone else’s dogs and say hello to the ones we meet at the park.

This thread has made a moody cow happy (bad day nothing more lol). Isn’t it amazing how animals, even photos, can cheer you up and humans can’t?🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5