The share my dog thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's been a bit of a madam the past day or two, really going nuts in the garden.
The grass out back looks like a WW1 battlefield lol
It will take a few months for her to really settle I feel, the fact the she was still racing this year doesn't help, but she is very intelligent & stubborn.
Not sure about your dilemma but 1 dog is more than enough for us just now 😁
I guess you would need to take your dog along & see how it reacts to the pups?
Ha, our garden looks the same , proper dug up where he goes running after a ball, I don't mind though, he loves it!
Ours is proper stubborn to, when folks say about how intelligent collies are, they are, but if they don't want to do something, they won't!!
I was thinking that about taking him over to see pups, not really sure what to do at the mo.

Reactions: 2
Just had a text, witch is having pups now! I'm excited but worried about how my dog will react, I really can't do the rehoming again, that broke my heart.

Reactions: 1
Update,she ended up with 7 pups, Gona have a look tomorrow evening, really, really want it to work this time. I can't do this rehoming again and I look at my dog now and know he's missing out.

• Heart
Have been making good progress the past couple of days, on walks.
Tara seems to be enjoying getting out more, lots of sniffing & taking an interest in the things around her.
She actually wanted another walk after lunch, pawing at the front door as we went to leave the house.
We have slowly moved away from using tins & trays of food with her kibble, instead giving her sardines/rice/mackerel/chicken/minced beef with the kibble, big difference in her poo & her fur, much healthier.
It was a good decision getting another hound (even if our super comfy slippers have been destroyed) 😁
20230829_150637.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey everyone! So glad to have found this thread - this is Pip and she’s a Scottish Deerhound!
IMG_8650.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Update,she ended up with 7 pups, Gona have a look tomorrow evening, really, really want it to work this time. I can't do this rehoming again and I look at my dog now and know he's missing out.
Did you decide to get one? My dad was trying to convince me to get a JR 🤔

Did you decide to get one? My dad was trying to convince me to get a JR 🤔
Unfortunately circumstances changed, so we've given up on getting another, our boy is enough, and he's soo good.
I'm a fan of Jr's, only had 2 over the years, but love love their characters, they were never aggressive or growly, though quite yappy and selective hearing on recall:LOL: But I'd defo recommend them!

Reactions: 3
Unfortunately circumstances changed, so we've given up on getting another, our boy is enough, and he's soo good.
I'm a fan of Jr's, only had 2 over the years, but love love their characters, they were never aggressive or growly, though quite yappy and selective hearing on recall:LOL: But I'd defo recommend them!
What about desperation anxiety? I think it’s mostly about training but that breed does play some part and I just really do not want a dog with it

About 7 weeks now since we got her from the rescue place, what a rascal, if she's not getting what she wants will steal your shoe or try & take a bit of your clothing to play with in order to get your attention 😁
Digging holes all over the garden, not to mention the 5 minute crazy zooms then rolling around in mud the other day.
Discovered she is very timid though when out, scared of her own shadow tbh so we only hope she will become more confident over time.
Just makes me think how she had been treated during her racing, always felt that Greys love to run but hate racing.
It didn't help last week out on a walk, with a numpty & his dog off lead, we tried to evade but it kept following, circling her & she flipped, hackles up, baring her teeth & 2ft in the air, I gave the head owner both barrels but he couldn't care less.
She's a lovely hound.
20230923_123925.jpg

20230831_073305.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What about desperation anxiety? I think it’s mostly about training but that breed does play some part and I just really do not want a dog with it
I'm not sure what desperation anxiety is, but my Jr's never had any anxieties, quite chilled out dogs unless excitable about going out etc!
They were both brought up ( at different times) with an older dog which probably helped.

@Bobby Chariot she really is beautiful.
Hope her confidence is growing, and don't get me started on dickheads leaving their dogs off leads especially when they can see me putting mine on a lead, then they shout my dogs ok, well good for you, idiots like you with dogs off leads have attacked everyone of my dogs over the years, I take a stick out with me now, I've noticed it's gotten alot worse since lockdown and everyone decided to get a puppy, most haven't a clue.

• Heart
I'm not sure what desperation anxiety is, but my Jr's never had any anxieties, quite chilled out dogs unless excitable about going out etc!
They were both brought up ( at different times) with an older dog which probably helped.

@Bobby Chariot she really is beautiful.
Hope her confidence is growing, and don't get me started on dickheads leaving their dogs off leads especially when they can see me putting mine on a lead, then they shout my dogs ok, well good for you, idiots like you with dogs off leads have attacked everyone of my dogs over the years, I take a stick out with me now, I've noticed it's gotten alot worse since lockdown and everyone decided to get a puppy, most haven't a clue.
Yes, you are spot on, we have a neighbour who spent a fortune on a pup during lockdown, the poor thing is left in the garden now, in all weather, all day & night, ignored.
Never take it for a walk, the lazy b******s.
My wife has been so close to calling the rspca on the clowns.
Our Grey is doing ok, she will take a while I think to adjust, noises, traffic etc, a woman & her wee boy stopped to talk to us the other day & she happily let the boy pet her & talk to her.
In the house she thinks she is Queen B though 😁 feels safe I guess.
Seen 2 tuna steaks being put in the Air Fryer yesterday & thought ooh nice dinner tonight, nope "they are for dog"

• Heart
  • Haha
Sorry I meant separation 🤦‍♀️ must’ve autocorrected

Yes, you are spot on, we have a neighbour who spent a fortune on a pup during lockdown, the poor thing is left in the garden now, in all weather, all day & night, ignored.
Never take it for a walk, the lazy b******s.
My wife has been so close to calling the rspca on the clowns.
Our Grey is doing ok, she will take a while I think to adjust, noises, traffic etc, a woman & her wee boy stopped to talk to us the other day & she happily let the boy pet her & talk to her.
In the house she thinks she is Queen B though 😁 feels safe I guess.
Seen 2 tuna steaks being put in the Air Fryer yesterday & thought ooh nice dinner tonight, nope "they are for dog"
Ha ha, that made me laugh, my hubby always says he knows where he is in the pecking order, dogs first, then him!!!
---
Sorry I meant separation 🤦‍♀️ must’ve autocorrected
No probs, can't really answer that one, they were rarely left alone, and they had another dog with them.
Is there another breed you'd be happier with?

Ha ha, that made me laugh, my hubby always says he knows where he is in the pecking order, dogs first, then him!!!
---

No probs, can't really answer that one, they were rarely left alone, and they had another dog with them.
Is there another breed you'd be happier with?
I’m not sure yet but it’ll be at least 7 months till I get one so I have time to think

@Former_Antelopee it's a huge decision getting a pet, we are realising this again after taking a year out since our last dog.
The rewards are good though, would you get a dog from a re-homing shelter?

@Former_Antelopee it's a huge decision getting a pet, we are realising this again after taking a year out since our last dog.
The rewards are good though, would you get a dog from a re-homing shelter?
I don’t think so. I don’t want a dog that comes with issues at least with a puppy if it turns out to have issues I can blame myself. Also probably they wouldn’t rehome to me since they are so strict. Have a dog at my parents but I moved out last year and miss having a dog. I work 7 days and then off 7 days I want a dog so on my 7 days off I’m more active as now I struggle to find stuff to do

I don’t think so. I don’t want a dog that comes with issues at least with a puppy if it turns out to have issues I can blame myself. Also probably they wouldn’t rehome to me since they are so strict. Have a dog at my parents but I moved out last year and miss having a dog. I work 7 days and then off 7 days I want a dog so on my 7 days off I’m more active as now I struggle to find stuff to do
The only thing that worries me about this, what's going to happen with the pup when you're working 7 days? Pups are very very hard work and their first few weeks are important for development etc. I've heard of folks who can't for reasons have their own dog, but can walk other folks dogs, can't remember the website name.

Reactions: 4