The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my cat. She’s quite fat 😳 her tummy is fat and her head is tiny.
She has 4 pouches of wet food a day, no biscuits. She often wakes me up at 3am for feeding and she bites me if she doesn’t get fed. I’m not sure if 4 pouches is a lot. I think it is but she begs otherwise and it annoys me too much!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Our boy is 7 and will never say no to food. He's even started asking for our food when we eat - has a little sniff and decides if he's interested or not.

His weight does fluctuate as there's 4 adults in our household too so he gets fed whenever he meows for it! We usually give half a pouch of wet food at a time and I think he usually has about 2/3 pouches a day! We also leave his dry food out in his bowl so he can snack throughout the day. On the days my brother meal preps, cat gets a chicken snack - he goes mad for it (cooked or raw!). On those days, its strictly 2 pouches of wet food - he will try it though! He's still a fairly active cat and will spend a couple of hours outside.

All these pictures are giving me kitten envy!! I want another one :whistle:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aww your cats are all so gorgeous! 😻

Keep the pics coming, this thread has cheered me up so much this evening ☺
I became a crazy lady lady in December after much begging by my daughter...my husband and I are so smitten with her!

eta we are clueless with food and as we got her in lockdown, we didn’t meet the cats protection people. I was a little overwhelmed when they said we had been chosen as her new home and didn’t really hear what they said about food! We do 2 pouches but split into 4 and some biscuits each day. She is 8 months tho. No idea if that’s right or wrong but didn’t want to not comment 😀

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not aimed at the OP, and not intended to upset but

Over feeding an animal to the point it’s overweight/obese isn’t love, it’s cruel.
“I can’t say no” is not an excuse 😂 I’d say the same about a child with weight issues.

the cat does look overweight. And as it gets older it will struggle xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I became a crazy lady lady in December after much begging by my daughter...my husband and I are so smitten with her!

eta we are clueless with food and as we got her in lockdown, we didn’t meet the cats protection people. I was a little overwhelmed when they said we had been chosen as her new home and didn’t really hear what they said about food! We do 2 pouches but split into 4 and some biscuits each day. She is 8 months tho. No idea if that’s right or wrong but didn’t want to not comment 😀
She’s beautiful!

• Heart
Hi could you post more pictures of your cats. For closer inspection 🤭😍

She does look abit chunky, my cat has 3 day punches a day. If she's hungry and you don't feed her she bites your ankles 😬 I'd try and drop a pouch if she will let you xx

Feel free to post your cats everyone..

• Haha

She does look abit chunky, my cat has 3 day punches a day. If she's hungry and you don't feed her she bites your ankles 😬 I'd try and drop a pouch if she will let you xx

Your wish is my command 😂 I’m like a proud mother, I want to show her to everyone and nobody cares 🙈

went to the vet as a kitten, came hame as a house elf

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
20190826_161035.jpg

This is my lazy cat. The kids decided to pull my roses apart to decorate her in the summer 😻😹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
IMG_20200606_185640.jpg
This is my boy, he's 6 and an indoor cat ❤ eats 2 pouches a day plus dry every now and again, hates human food but is partial to KFC chicken 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
If cat slaves (because that’s what we are!) are considering dropping the amount of food, try doing it by increasing the amount of times you feed them but feeding them less. It tricks them into thinking they’re eating more than they actually are.
I know it can be a pain keeping food open but I bought plastic containers and Ikeep them just for the cat food and pop any remaining in the pouch into the fridge for the next meal.

My friend has a gorgeous big white cat but it’s huge, makes me quite sad actually :cry:

Tried to find some pics of my cat but there’s far too many to go through! Mine is a wee greedy madam but she only gets what she’s supposed to get, she has her dry food out and then we get the wet food pouches, some she isn’t a fan off.
she’s quite a lean cat but some pics you’d think otherwise. She isn’t really a fan of water in a bowl so we had to buy a little cat fountain on Amazon which she loves🐱
50CE26D6-6BD7-40F2-9FD9-F36A8101990D.jpeg
FF18E4D0-4A59-4FB3-A3D3-2FDAD02252A6.jpeg

FD10F255-2F56-4C77-9EA5-99BBB57DAE4C.jpeg

View attachment 396084This is my boy, he's 6 and an indoor cat ❤ eats 2 pouches a day plus dry every now and again, hates human food but is partial to KFC chicken 😂
Beauty :love: mine loves human food, can’t eat a single meal without her giving you guilt for not giving her any. She loves when we do a roast chicken on a Sunday. She gets a little bit of chicken... spoilt:ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I would say 3-4 pouches and dry food is quite a lot. We had a big cat, not over weight but was 5-6kg and very large, we think part main coon.

He had two pouches a day and then a half portion before bed if he was hungry. Plus dry food and treats. Always love human food too and was very naughty! Loved KFC 🤣

Maybe give her half pouches through the day and reduce down to 2-3. She’ll still be eating the same amount of times a day but just less.

Reactions: 1
This is the best thread on Tattle! Thank you original poster. We have totally veered off the original question but its great.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is the best thread on Tattle! Thank you original poster. We have totally veered off the original question but its great.
I think there’s another thread which is all the cute things people do for their pets! It’s so heart warming :love:

• Heart
I am absolutely no help on this issue as I don't own a cat, but I love all the photos on here!! So thought I'd share, I recently seen this cat online and he's so beautiful 😍 🥰

bengal-cat-spots-fur-thor-5.jpg
bengal-cat-spots-fur-thor-22.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow

I think there’s another thread which is all the cute things people do for their pets! It’s so heart warming :love:
That’s my thread too! As I said I’m a freaking cat lady at only 27 😹😹 xxxxxx

I suppose per request I could put some more pictures of my cats on... 😹😹 You’ve twisted my arm 😹😹

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
That’s my thread too! As I said I’m a freaking cat lady at only 27 😹😹 xxxxxx

I suppose per request I could put some more pictures of my cats on... 😹😹 You’ve twisted my arm 😹😹
Ahhh I love :love:
That thread is so good, I love hearing everyone’s wee stories about what they do for their pets and just how loved they are... it’s lovely x

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.