The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's a bit round but I wouldn't say fat. Best not to overfeed her though.

Gotta say I'm loving this thread :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think 4 pouches seems a lot plus dry as well. I feed my British shorthair 2 pouches and dry food for snacking on during the day. He's a big boy with the type of breed he is, your cat is probably a little chubby but also could just be a larger cat.

She looks like a bigger breed than a normal domestic shorthair with the chubby cheeks and rounded eyes she actually looks a bit like a British shorthair. Very cute anyway. I don't want to post a pic of my actual cat so I'll put up a photo of a British shorthair with your cats colouring so you can compare ☺

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think 4 pouches seems a lot plus dry as well. I feed my British shorthair 2 pouches and dry food for snacking on during the day. He's a big boy with the type of breed he is, your cat is probably a little chubby but also could just be a larger cat.

She looks like a bigger breed than a normal domestic shorthair with the chubby cheeks and rounded eyes she actually looks a bit like a British shorthair. Very cute anyway. I don't want to post a pic of my actual cat so I'll put up a photo of a British shorthair with your cats colouring so you can compare ☺
Awesome thank you 😃❤

Reactions: 1
To those like me who stick to 2 pouches + dry, do you give "human food" or no? Or not really keep track of it? I got into what I thought was a bad habit of buying packets of chicken or ham and giving him slices in between meals during those times when I'm in the kitchen and he's screaming as if the RSPCA should be called for animal abuse. But then I stoppped because I got paranoid about the extra food intake. But I actually liked him eating meat it seemed good for him. I don't know.

I love how I'm this stringent for my own cat's diet whilst I'm overweight and barely clinging onto a weight loss programme. You have to laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To those like me who stick to 2 pouches + dry, do you give "human food" or no? Or not really keep track of it? I got into what I thought was a bad habit of buying packets of chicken or ham and giving him slices in between meals during those times when I'm in the kitchen and he's screaming as if the RSPCA should be called for animal abuse. But then I stoppped because I got paranoid about the extra food intake. But I actually liked him eating meat it seemed good for him. I don't know.

I love how I'm this stringent for my own cat's diet whilst I'm overweight and barely clinging onto a weight loss programme. You have to laugh.
I can relate 😹 sometimes my cats have had breakfast ,lunch ,a treat stick etc before I’ve eaten had my morning cuppa 😹 about the meat I sometimes replace a pouch with prawns or pieces of chicken too as it’s pure protein so yeah really good for them! Or like on Xmas day they get peas mash n chicken. So yeah I think it’s good for them now and again 😃

Reactions: 1
Oh she is adorable! She looks a little bit chunky to me, but totally adorable! About the food, what you feed her seems like loads to me, but then my cat is a tiny little Miss. I only feed her half a pouch of wet food and two small scoops (around 1/4 cup x 2) of dry food every day, and the last time I brought her to the vet he told me she was a bit overweight and had 'love handles.' I kid you not. He said in order for her to lose weight I'd have to decrease her food by 30% She was on a full pouch at the time, so I cut it to half a pouch. She's a small cat but she loves her food (and her Dreamies! --had to cut down on those too) - and what I feed her now seems to satisfy her. I can imagine she would blow up in size if I fed her four pouches a day, lol! But I'm aware that cats come in all shapes and sizes. I've had cats in the past that ate a whole lot more than my current cat. If you're concerned about her weight at all, I would just ask the vet next time you bring her.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Waaaaah, cats. Cats, I love all of them. Fat cats, thin cats. Give them all to me. She looks lovely. She is just big boned as my mother would say 🤣

My dad’s cat was fat. The vet gave her what was essentially a tummy tuck and now she is less fat but continually pissed off. She has biscuits all day, eats her favourites and leaves the rest, and two pouches. I think she was having three or four. I don’t mean to worry you when I say this btw as I was quite young when she had her ‘tummy tuck’ (well, eleven) and might’ve got the wrong end of the stick. She seems fine now, although will hang around the dinner table when we’re having sunday dinner and then spends ages licking me 😳 I think I must taste like gravy/chicken 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
She is BEAUTIFUL! She is a lil chonky though 🤭 and seems to be fed a lot so maybe try and cut back a little!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does this help? Our vet showed us something similar when I was worried about our kitten being a little fatty (she’s not, just heavy because of her breed)

1611247833330.png

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t cope with all these cat pics it’s making me jealous 😭
I have a cat but still get all emotional when other people post pictures of their cats and then I start looking at rescue websites!
Does this help? Our vet showed us something similar when I was worried about our kitten being a little fatty (she’s not, just heavy because of her breed)

View attachment 395222
I just spent 10 minutes looking at my cat from above to compare to this haha. I'm always worried she's underweight, she's quite small anyway (she got mistaken twice at the vets for a kitten when she was 2 years old) and I think siamese cats tend towards being a bit slimmer too but then I see all the chonkier cats online and I get paranoid!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have a cat but still get all emotional when other people post pictures of their cats and then I start looking at rescue websites!

I just spent 10 minutes looking at my cat from above to compare to this haha. I'm always worried she's underweight, she's quite small anyway (she got mistaken twice at the vets for a kitten when she was 2 years old) and I think siamese cats tend towards being a bit slimmer too but then I see all the chonkier cats online and I get paranoid!
Nooo don’t worry as my other cat is still like a kitten! He’s half as tall as chonk and so skinny I think he was the runt and he’s really Scittish an worried he only likes me he’s so so precious this is him at nearly 3

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
My black and ginger girls (black is an outdoor cat) 🐈 🐈❤
441FD6BD-0178-4FCD-85AD-089ADFE5EAB4.jpeg
F4EBE44B-E3AD-4C90-A031-E130F1D76BA2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.