The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes a bit chunky! Neutered cats tend to get that little 'pouch' underneath.
I would ring your vet to find out how heavy she was at last visit (if reasonably recently). Check the packets to see how much she should be eating for her weight - all foods will say and remember if you are mixing dry and wet, you need to consider that! Then reduce ration by 10%.

Just read the OP again and see she's fed as lib biscuits 🙊 Stop that immediately! 😊 And have a method so all the adults know whether or not she's eaten. Her health will benefit in the long run. Fat cats are prone to diabetes.

Reactions: 3
How do you decide one indoor and one that likes to be inside x
She just won’t stay in for love nor money, and will make a fuss until we let her out. We have a garden and ginger will go out for a bit but always comes back in. Ginger is 3 years older so is used to being indoors. Black goes off to hunt and sometimes stays out all night. We have an outdoor cat house for her, so she has shelter if she’s out in the night.

Mine's 5.8kg, classed as overweight, but I weigh out all her food and no one can understand why she's fat (she's indoor, so not being fed elsewhere). She gets half a sachet of wet food and about 35g of dry each day. Treats are only a prawn or two, or some freeze-dried chicken. She is incredibly lazy though.

Reactions: 2
Awwwwwww she’s beautiful but considering she’s a short haired I would say she does look overweight. I would definitely stick to 3 punches plus kibble or get rid of kibble altogether unless you absolutely must. I know it’s SOOOOOOOOOO hard to not feed them when they want it as I’m terrible for it. My 13 year old male gets 3/4 a day and no kibble, my kitten gets 3 of pure delight which is a slightly smaller sachet!

I have two adult cats. We got a kitten from MIL (who’s cat had a litter) for Christmas. I just love cats, probably more than people. 😂

This is the kitten today.

View attachment 395100

Yours looks IDENTICAL to my kitten. Including the small little ginger marking above her eye!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It does sound like a lot of food @Trixabellee9393. My lady (she's around 6 ish, she was a stray so we're not quite sure) gets 1 pouch of wet food a day and some dry in the morning and evening.

Do you know how much yours weighs? Mine was 4.2kg at her last check up in October. The vet said ideally she'd be 4kg or just under, but he's not concerned.

They tend to put on a bit more during the winter anyway as they're not as active and not outside as much.

I know mine eats at the neighbours too though, so yours might be doing that a bit too.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My cat is spoilt. She was slightly over 4kg and the vets said she needed to be under.

She eats basically the most expensive cat food (she is my little rescue bean and deserves to be spoilt - and I've no other financial responsibilities). She has around 30f of dry food and a small can or one pouch of wet food a day.

• Heart
Aww your cats are all so gorgeous! 😻

Keep the pics coming, this thread has cheered me up so much this evening ☺

Reactions: 6
My baby. She’s had a traumatic few weeks, but on the mend finally. She was 4.2kg when she went into surgery but she’s lost a fair bit from not eating for the best part of a week. She’s teeny tiny but Burmese are a heavy cat so vet isn’t concerned
Poor wee mite. She’s gorgeous, glad she’s on the mend. 😻

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.