The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The longest mine has been gone was like 4-5 hours and i was the same. Silly girl ended up appearing and didn't seem to mind that her mama had been worrying.

@Greeneyes21 I know em has suggested posters. As lame as it sounds have you checked any of FB missing cat groups?
@Greeneyes21 cannot remember if I mentioned it but as well as the facebook groups (I am a member of numerous and they are all very active) Nextdoor is a good site to register with and look on

Reactions: 3
@Greeneyes21 I was so upset to read about your missing kitten, I'd be absolutely devastated too. Bless your poor daughter, I hope she doesn't blame herself. Definitely keep trying with leaving food outside and taking the sibling kitty out (maybe the lost kitten will pick up his sibling's scent?). Are there any places nearby the kitten could get stuck like someone's shed? Not sure how countryside-y your acre is, perhaps he could have gone into a rabbit hole to hide? I really hope he comes home ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So sorry about your missing kitten @Greeneyes21 😔 It’s such a horrible feeling. I bet they are hiding somewhere and feeling scared to come out? I hope they come back home so you can all be reunited x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
D33153DA-C75F-4B4B-9BB6-D2DB8654B07B.jpeg
37929F01-3804-4808-9668-DA625AC934A0.jpeg

Just chillin’ on her big brothers’ slide. She’s absolutely loving roaming around the back garden. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
@Greeneyes21 I was so upset to read about your missing kitten, I'd be absolutely devastated too. Bless your poor daughter, I hope she doesn't blame herself. Definitely keep trying with leaving food outside and taking the sibling kitty out (maybe the lost kitten will pick up his sibling's scent?). Are there any places nearby the kitten could get stuck like someone's shed? Not sure how countryside-y your acre is, perhaps he could have gone into a rabbit hole to hide? I really hope he comes home ❤
There are rabbit holes alright and I was wondering if a cat might go in. Oh Lord, its like a needle in a haystack!:cry:

• Sad
There are rabbit holes alright and I was wondering if a cat might go in. Oh Lord, its like a needle in a haystack!:cry:
even if he has got into one he will be able to get out, cats are so bendy, if it was a small dog it would be more worrying

Reactions: 1
Thanks again for all your advice and kind word and especially to the cutest kitty who crossed his paws for us!!
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
My God, we had some drama in the middle of the night! If anyone spotted us, they would have be arranging to have us locked up!!
So, my husband heard meowing in the middle of the night and hopped up so fast and legged it out the back door (without even putting on his trousers!!) The kitten disappeared again so husband got the sibling kitten and went out in the pitch dark with the kitten on a lead. There was a lot of meowing back and forth between the two. My husband called me so I came down in my pjs. I saw the kitten and tried to catch him but he was so fast. He ran off into a ditch but kept meowing. It was so frustrating as we knew he was there but it was pitch dark and he's black so I wasn't able to see him.
We tried then just walking slowly away with the sibling (picture little white kitten on a lead meowing like a mad thing) The black kitten started following cautiously. This stopping and starting went on for ages but eventually we got them both in the back door just by encouraging him to follow kitten walking on the lead!
I wasn't prepared for what happened next. I'm not used to cats at all as we've only ever had dogs. I brought the two kittens to their sleeping area and brought food close by. The white kitten went mad making growling sounds and when the black guy came near her, she hissed like mad and put out her two paws to fight. Is this normal? She couldn't relax at all with him there. I stayed with them for a good while in case they'd hurt each other. He was out of her life for 30 hours and she was treating him like an intruder! I was so surprised. I was so tired in the end, I had to leave them. She was still making this very strange growling sound even though black guy was just curled up in his usual spot.
We will try and name them today so they will no longer be black guy and white guy. I don't even know the sex but white one looks like a girl and black guy looks like a boy:ROFLMAO:
I must get up now and I'm crossing everything that they're happy together again.
Thanks again everyone!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thanks again for all your advice and kind word and especially to the cutest kitty who crossed his paws for us!!
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
My God, we had some drama in the middle of the night! If anyone spotted us, they would have be arranging to have us locked up!!
So, my husband heard meowing in the middle of the night and hopped up so fast and legged it out the back door (without even putting on his trousers!!) The kitten disappeared again so husband got the sibling kitten and went out in the pitch dark with the kitten on a lead. There was a lot of meowing back and forth between the two. My husband called me so I came down in my pjs. I saw the kitten and tried to catch him but he was so fast. He ran off into a ditch but kept meowing. It was so frustrating as we knew he was there but it was pitch dark and he's black so I wasn't able to see him.
We tried then just walking slowly away with the sibling (picture little white kitten on a lead meowing like a mad thing) The black kitten started following cautiously. This stopping and starting went on for ages but eventually we got them both in the back door just by encouraging him to follow kitten walking on the lead!
I wasn't prepared for what happened next. I'm not used to cats at all as we've only ever had dogs. I brought the two kittens to their sleeping area and brought food close by. The white kitten went mad making growling sounds and when the black guy came near her, she hissed like mad and put out her two paws to fight. Is this normal? She couldn't relax at all with him there. I stayed with them for a good while in case they'd hurt each other. He was out of her life for 30 hours and she was treating him like an intruder! I was so surprised. I was so tired in the end, I had to leave them. She was still making this very strange growling sound even though black guy was just curled up in his usual spot.
We will try and name them today so they will no longer be black guy and white guy. I don't even know the sex but white one looks like a girl and black guy looks like a boy:ROFLMAO:
I must get up now and I'm crossing everything that they're happy together again.
My heart is so happy for you and the kitties! ❤

• Heart
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
omg myself and paw crossing kitty are so happy for you 💗 💗 💗

also, your husband is a keeper! :D

• Heart
Reactions: 7
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
Yay!!! This is awesome news.

Don't worry about the growling and hissing. It's probably nothing to do with the kitten himself but I bet he will smell gross to his sister.
They'll get used to each other again don't worry. Just keep an eye on them when they're play fighting and if it gets too violent, just separate them.
Try and feed them from the same bowl as once they're comfortable with each other, they'll share food.

This news has made me so happy. Enjoy your fur babies!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
Aww yay! I’m so glad you got him back. ❤

Yeah, the growling and hostility should subside once his scent becomes familiar to her again. I have three cats and it’s like a Mexican standoff whenever one of them comes back from the vets because they can smell it off them.

• Heart
this has been the best news to wake up to 😍 as others have said don't worry about the growling, cats are pretty temperamental. mine arent siblings but get on well but still every now and then the older one just gets annoyed and hisses at the kitten

• Heart
HE'S BACK!!!!🐱🐱🐱🐱
This is the best news!! 🥰👏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
B7D19BC4-AF54-49F6-9399-A8BD0948AD43.jpeg

Can’t believe I’ve only just found this thread!! This is my eldest cat Lilly enjoying her 20th nap of the day in her favourite chair 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.