The share my cat thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys and ladies, I need your advice. We got two new kittens yesterday. They are beautiful. My daughter is besotted. They were settling so well and were eating and drinking and using litter tray. They also allow us to pick them up and stroke them. My 8 year old begged me today to allow her to take one outside and mind him on her knee. She was being very careful and even kept her fingers in his collar in case he tried to jump and run. Well, he did jump and the collar snapped. Its designed to so they can't choke I think. Now kitty is gone. We've searched for over an hour and no sign whatsoever. We are in countryside with busy roads. I'm wondering if there's anything at all we could do to increase our chances of finding this little fellow. My daughter is so so upset. She hasn't taken her eyes off them since they arrived. I'm heartbroken myself. I can't believe I let this happen

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Guys and ladies, I need your advice. We got two new kittens yesterday. They are beautiful. My daughter is besotted. They were settling so well and were eating and drinking and using litter tray. They also allow us to pick them up and stroke them. My 8 year old begged me today to allow her to take one outside and mind him on her knee. She was being very careful and even kept her fingers in his collar in case he tried to jump and run. Well, he did jump and the collar snapped. Its designed to so they can't choke I think. Now kitty is gone. We've searched for over an hour and no sign whatsoever. We are in countryside with busy roads. I'm wondering if there's anything at all we could do to increase our chances of finding this little fellow. My daughter is so so upset. She hasn't taken her eyes off them since they arrived. I'm heartbroken myself. I can't believe I let this happen
has the kitten used the litter tray? ir so put some used litter around the gardent fence, if not anthing else with the scent of him/you around

Reactions: 2
Yes, the kitten has used the litter tray. Will try that. Our site is almost an acre and busy roads in front and behind us. I'm just back from a big looped walk. I was hoping I might hear him meowing but absolutely nothing

• Sad
Yes, the kitten has used the litter tray. Will try that. Our site is almost an acre and busy roads in front and behind us. I'm just back from a big looped walk. I was hoping I might hear him meowing but absolutely nothing
keeping everything crossed. my kitten got lost when she first went out and was so scared she didnt miaow but we did find her

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was just wondering if you had any luck finding the little fellow? If not, I hope he turns up soon :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think they're meant to stay in for 6 weeks before they go outside. He's he's gone quite far I'm not sure he'll be able to find his way home.
I really hope you find him 😞

I was never a fan of cats until my daughter's girl had a litter. I was literally railroaded by the kiddos to "gets a kitten" However, saying that it was one of the best things I did, I absolutely wholeheartedly love that sweet baby.
She hates us though 😳 she won't let us give her cuddles, she takes over the sofa so we're all squished at the one end, rolls her eyes at us etc 🤣 Will she grow out of this unaffectionate stage? She's about 18 months now.
She is literally treated like the bee's knees, spoilt beyond words, especially by my son.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I think they're meant to stay in for 6 weeks before they go outside. He's he's gone quite far I'm not sure he'll be able to find his way home.

I was never a fan of cats until my daughter's girl had a litter. I was literally railroaded by the kiddos to "gets a kitten" However, saying that it was one of the best things I did, I absolutely wholeheartedly love that sweet baby.
She hates us though 😳 she won't let us give her cuddles, she takes over the sofa so we're all squished at the one end, rolls her eyes at us etc 🤣 Will she grow out of this unaffectionate stage? She's about 18 months now.
She is literally treated like the bee's knees, spoilt beyond words, especially by my son.
She might mellow eventually

I was just wondering if you had any luck finding the little fellow? If not, I hope he turns up soon :(
We all went to bed last night feeling awful as after hours of searching, we hadn't even heard a single sound from him anywhere. I left his bowl with food on the patio just in case.
In the middle of the night I woke up as o heard meowing outside window. I went out straight away but of course it was pitch dark and I saw and heard nothing once I got out.
When I got up this morning, the food was gone but no sign of little fellow. For all I know, it might have been a rat thst ate the food but I'm hopeful it was Kitty.
I'm going to leave out his bed today and put it in a corner somewhere close to the food in the hope that he might come back.
Hes so sos shy so I can't see him ever coming out of hiding when we're there.
His poor sibling is so sad without him. Shes just huddled up meowing a lot.

• Sad
Reactions: 7

It is definitely possible, my parents have a cat that was like this, she still doesn;t like being picked up but allows herself to be stroked and sleeps on their bed with them, she still hates anyone she doesn't know though

We all went to bed last night feeling awful as after hours of searching, we hadn't even heard a single sound from him anywhere. I left his bowl with food on the patio just in case.
In the middle of the night I woke up as o heard meowing outside window. I went out straight away but of course it was pitch dark and I saw and heard nothing once I got out.
When I got up this morning, the food was gone but no sign of little fellow. For all I know, it might have been a rat thst ate the food but I'm hopeful it was Kitty.
I'm going to leave out his bed today and put it in a corner somewhere close to the food in the hope that he might come back.
it is difficult but if I were you I would try and stay up and watch the food, kittens especially are very nervous and will be more likely to come out at night in the dark. try and put the food in a box or something the kitten can get into so you can easily pick it up

Meowing is a good sign! Are there any other cats in the area?

How old is he? I remember our boy ran out of the front when he was about 10 weeks old and just hid under a bush.

I know you said you'd only had him a day but did you feed them any treats? When our boy scaled the fence (for an indoor cat, he loves trying to escape!), we took two bags of treats out and shook them which made him run to us. He was hiding under the next door neighbours car and wasn't feeling as brave as he was when he decided to scale the fence.

Like people have said, litter, food, bedding. Maybe put something of his sisters out as well because he may come to that scent as well as his own.

Try not to beat yourself up about it. I really hope you find him today

Guaranteed he’ll be hiding somewhere. I doubt he will have wandered far. Whenever mine got out, they were always nearby, though I do understand your worry about the busy roads.

Lots of great suggestions here about the litter box and food, plus things with his and sister’s scent on them. I hope the wee guy turns up safe and sound very soon. ❤

• Heart
Thank you so much for all the replies. Kitten is 8 -12 weeks old. We weren't actually told. We just got them from a farmer, I'd say he wasn't even sure himself.
No sign yet. I'm after bringing one of the beds that they were sharing and have food left out. I also brought out the sibling and we walked around the lawn a few times with her meowing a lot. I actually put a lead on her and had it wrapped around my wrist just to be on the safe side. (If anyone saw me out walking a kitten on a lead!!)
We didn't hear any meowing from missing cat but I'm sure he's absolutely terrified at this stage. I'm still hopeful but if we get to tomorrow with no sign, my hope will be dwindling. I've only ever seen one other cat wandering around the area but I don't see it often. Would an adult cat mind it or fight it I wonder? There's dogs in the area too which worries me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm so sorry he's gone missing. It's one of my fears with my little baby 😭

• Sad
Thank you so much for all the replies. Kitten is 8 -12 weeks old. We weren't actually told. We just got them from a farmer, I'd say he wasn't even sure himself.
No sign yet. I'm after bringing one of the beds that they were sharing and have food left out. I also brought out the sibling and we walked around the lawn a few times with her meowing a lot. I actually put a lead on her and had it wrapped around my wrist just to be on the safe side. (If anyone saw me out walking a kitten on a lead!!)
We didn't hear any meowing from missing cat but I'm sure he's absolutely terrified at this stage. I'm still hopeful but if we get to tomorrow with no sign, my hope will be dwindling. I've only ever seen one other cat wandering around the area but I don't see it often. Would an adult cat mind it or fight it I wonder? There's dogs in the area too which worries me
have you put up posters in your road? You could even drop notes through your neighbours letter boxes

I'm so sorry he's gone missing. It's one of my fears with my little baby 😭
same, the stress is the worst aspect of having a cat, when mine stayed out for about 48 hours i was out of my mind with worry

• Heart
have you put up posters in your road? You could even drop notes through your neighbours letter boxes

same, the stress is the worst aspect of having a cat, when mine stayed out for about 48 hours i was out of my mind with worry
The longest mine has been gone was like 4-5 hours and i was the same. Silly girl ended up appearing and didn't seem to mind that her mama had been worrying.

@Greeneyes21 I know em has suggested posters. As lame as it sounds have you checked any of FB missing cat groups?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.