The share my cat thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this. Me and my OH call ourselves ā€˜the peasantsā€™ when it comes to our ranking order with the cats lol
We are 2nd to them lol
The looks they give us when we move and disturb them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Exactly this. Me and my OH call ourselves ā€˜the peasantsā€™ when it comes to our ranking order with the cats lol
My cat likes supervising me when I'm gardening. He'll sit on the top of the shed or climb a tree to watch.

We always say he's secretly SAS surveillance cos he loves sitting in trees/bushes and keeping an eye on things.

The other day we were chopping back bushes and put all the offcuts in the middle of the lawn - he went and sat under them like it was a new bush that had appeared!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Well Anastasia has always been about 4kg, when she went for a health check recently she was weighing at 4.3kg and honestly the vet/vet nurse (not sure which they were) was like 'oh my she is sooo big! I can't feel her ribs!! she really needs to lose some weight, she definitely needs a diet'. I was confused because I'm sure 4kg is absolutely adequate for a 1.5yr old BSH and 0.3kg is hardly a dramatic amount
I always think body condition/weight is such a subjective thing (unless the cat is morbidly obese! šŸ«¢). Iā€™ve had cats visit me for consultations who I think look perfect and then Iā€™ll read the previous vet/nurseā€™s notes that say they need to lose weight šŸ¤£ I always prefer to look at body condition over numbers, especially with cats cos they all have such different builds! I definitely wouldnā€™t be alarmed by a BSH hitting 4kg!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.