The share my cat thread #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is absolutely precious! ๐Ÿ˜
And hey Iโ€™m no vet, but 4kg seems perfectly reasonable to me, not overweight at all. My boy is the same, very floofy, but when heโ€™s stood up and I stroke him and kinda press his floof down, you can see by his frame that heโ€™s not chubby, itโ€™s all that fur!!
Thank you!
Yeah I get you, when Anastasia got spayed and had that little shaved patch I was shocked how dense her fur is! But she got really fat shamed at the vets health check up recently and told to go on a diet. I covered her ears and said don't listen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Good morning from big floof Anastasia ๐Ÿ˜
I get so many people telling me she's overweight, I'm convinced she is fluffy not fat! She weighs 4kg which I believe to be okay for her breed and age (she's 2 in May).
View attachment 2766737
is she a british shorthair? my bsh girl weighs 4.5 kg and the vet said she's perfect and i think your girl is too ๐Ÿ’›
---
btw that reminded me of this tiktok ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
is she a british shorthair? my bsh girl weighs 4.5 kg and the vet said she's perfect and i think your girl is too ๐Ÿ’›
Thank you! Yes, she is a BSH. I thought anything up to 5kg is fine, anything after that may be pushing floofy territory ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Thank you! Yes, she is a BSH. I thought anything up to 5kg is fine, anything after that may be pushing floofy territory ๐Ÿ˜‚
i think you're right ๐Ÿ˜„ although my boy who is not even a year old is rapidly approaching that number he's a proper lion ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
My girl weighs about 5kg I think, carrying her around is a work out ๐Ÿคฃ her brother seems to do nothing but eat and is somehow tiny and thin (lucky I guess as she hates being carried but he insists on constantly being in my arms)

• Haha
My cat is being a nightmare for brushing lately. Got some clippers and sheโ€™s had a few bad haircuts whilst I work on getting her back to being well behaved for brushing.

• Haha
  • Heart
My cat is being a nightmare for brushing lately. Got some clippers and sheโ€™s had a few bad haircuts whilst I work on getting her back to being well behaved for brushing.
have you tried using feliway? (not sure of the spelling) it is supposed to calm themand apparently good for things like brushing etc

• Heart
Reactions: 3
have you tried using feliway? (not sure of the spelling) it is supposed to calm themand apparently good for things like brushing etc
I have pet remedy and Iโ€™ve used feliway before, seen the same whichever of the two I use. I recently got a puppy so I think sheโ€™s just still getting used to him being here. The cats are slowly getting better with him being here

• Heart
Reactions: 3
is anyone else really dramatic about their cats? ๐Ÿ˜… this morning my silly boy ran into the washing machine as i was closing the door and i hit his little head with the washing machine door, he was and is absolutely fine but i spent 5 minutes carrying him around like a baby, kissing him and crying... am i crazy? ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
is anyone else really dramatic about their cats? ๐Ÿ˜… this morning my silly boy ran into the washing machine as i was closing the door and i hit his little head with the washing machine door, he was and is absolutely fine but i spent 5 minutes carrying him around like a baby, kissing him and crying... am i crazy? ๐Ÿ˜‚
I'm like that too! I once slept outside with a dog that was too scared to come indoors, I got a sleeping bag and spooned the poor thing all night. Husband thought I was crazy because it wasn't even our dog. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Me if I accidentally stand on Anastasia's tail when she runs under my feet

• Heart
omg what a beautiful name for a beautiful girl!
Thank you! I always had that name earmarked for my first daughter. I didn't realise my first daughter would be a cat but here we are ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚โค

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Thank you!
Yeah I get you, when Anastasia got spayed and had that little shaved patch I was shocked how dense her fur is! But she got really fat shamed at the vets health check up recently and told to go on a diet. I covered her ears and said don't listen ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
I feel your pain! I have a Ragdoll whoโ€™s nearly 6kg ๐Ÿซข Iโ€™m a vet nurse and whenever I take him to work, the vets will say he needs to lose weight but I think he looks perfect for his breed! Breeds like ours are supposed to have a bit of cushioning ๐Ÿคฃ Theyโ€™re not supposed to be super slim like regular mogs! I love his little pouch ๐Ÿฅน Anastasia is gorgeous!

• Heart
My oldest boy Pooh was 13 kilos at his peak (he's a bit less now he's getting older) and I've never had a vet comment on his weight.
I guess with a Maine Coon they're expected to be a lot bigger than most breeds.
The vet will always comment that he has a very strong heart which is good to hear.

• Heart
Well Anastasia has always been about 4kg, when she went for a health check recently she was weighing at 4.3kg and honestly the vet/vet nurse (not sure which they were) was like 'oh my she is sooo big! I can't feel her ribs!! she really needs to lose some weight, she definitely needs a diet'. I was confused because I'm sure 4kg is absolutely adequate for a 1.5yr old BSH and 0.3kg is hardly a dramatic amount

• Wow
  • Heart
Well Anastasia has always been about 4kg, when she went for a health check recently she was weighing at 4.3kg and honestly the vet/vet nurse (not sure which they were) was like 'oh my she is sooo big! I can't feel her ribs!! she really needs to lose some weight, she definitely needs a diet'. I was confused because I'm sure 4kg is absolutely adequate for a 1.5yr old BSH and 0.3kg is hardly a dramatic amount
Oh vets irritate me,they really do.My darling boy was a sleek cat,vet to,d me to be careful of his weight.๐Ÿ˜–pissed me off.He was never a greedy boy.

• Sad
  • Heart
haha mine like to watch my OH when he does DIY in the garden. They sit on the shed and look down at him, looking like they are judging his work. Itโ€™s so cute โ˜บ
Monitoring their servants ๐Ÿคฃ

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.