The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I highly recommend these springs, our raggies bring them to use to throw and they go chasing them bring them back to get thrown again and dogs with a ball, rods, tunnel, scratch posts some like vertical some like horizontal, table tennis balls especially in bath when little. Enjoy your new baby hope to see pictures.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Eek thank you all I'm so excited! My husband isn't a cat person at all he is accepting it haha I'm hoping he will soon change his mind. My children are so excited, kitten is currently 3 weeks old so still a while until we have him but excited to start buying everything and getting prepared eek. Name suggestions more than welcome 😊

He's beautiful 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Eek thank you all I'm so excited! My husband isn't a cat person at all he is accepting it haha I'm hoping he will soon change his mind. My children are so excited, kitten is currently 3 weeks old so still a while until we have him but excited to start buying everything and getting prepared eek. Name suggestions more than welcome 😊

He's beautiful 😍
There are no "not cat people" only people who haven't had cats and don't realise how incredible they are 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That's what I'm thinking to.... he will soon be converted
100% will happen. He might deny it at first but sooner or later you will come home to find him playing/sitting with teh kitten

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Can confirm, my husband didn't like cats when we first met. He went from trying to get them off the bed all the time to slowly interacting with them, then crying buckets of tears when our little tuxie girl was put to sleep.
Now he has a cat if his own and proudly shows everyone we meet photos of the three we have now.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would need some advice if anyone can help please. I have a 5yo ragdoll Nori, she's the most submissive, kind and gentle cat, strictly indoors and she has absolutely NO instincts, she can't even kill a fly haha. I will babysit my friend's cat for a week, she's a 4 month old british shorthair - also the sweetest little kitty, a little more wild as she's still a baby and has lots of energy.

We introduced them once for about one or two hours - we took Nori to their place, and a little baby terrorised her haha. She was hissing and arching her back and Nori was really scared and ran into the bathroom and was hiding there for the rest of the visit.

Any tips on how to make it easier for both? I think they just need more time and it will probably be better when Nori will be on her own territory. Should I keep them in the separate rooms for a few hours to get used to each other's scent? We live in a small 45 sqm flat so I can't keep them apart for too long and I want them to be friends haha.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I would need some advice if anyone can help please. I have a 5yo ragdoll Nori, she's the most submissive, kind and gentle cat, strictly indoors and she has absolutely NO instincts, she can't even kill a fly haha. I will babysit my friend's cat for a week, she's a 4 month old british shorthair - also the sweetest little kitty, a little more wild as she's still a baby and has lots of energy.

We introduced them once for about one or two hours - we took Nori to their place, and a little baby terrorised her haha. She was hissing and arching her back and Nori was really scared and ran into the bathroom and was hiding there for the rest of the visit.

Any tips on how to make it easier for both? I think they just need more time and it will probably be better when Nori will be on her own territory. Should I keep them in the separate rooms for a few hours to get used to each other's scent? We live in a small 45 sqm flat so I can't keep them apart for too long and I want them to be friends haha.
What I’ve done is put a sock on your hands stroke one cat then the other,scent should be on them,that’s how I had to deal with my sis cat,my sis died so I took in Lucy..she was fine And other cats were as well.

• Heart
My little man Lando, he follows me about everywhere and always wants a cuddle

IMG_20220830_205330.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't have a cat but I have one come up to say hello when I walk along the lane.

She's not a kitten anymore...she is a cat!!!! She'll be off to college and rave parties next. It gives her more clout to trip me up now she's fully grown

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.