The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
here's roisin this morning waiting for my bf to get out of the bathroom and rub her belly 😂

9FA0F9A2-E571-4D78-8949-B8E59D44FE50.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Popcorn (post from last night) triggered something in me, a sudden need for a ginger friend. I spent a long time last night browsing sales ads for ginger cats. I found a wonderful looking boy, a kitten though not a slightly older cat needing re-homing as I'd been looking for. I'm holding off for now because adding another regular financial commitment to my life isn't sensible but gosh he's beautiful. Someone will be very lucky to have him.

My equally cat mad children managed to get involved and it was decided that the cat we are never to own would have been called Fred but registered as Frederick, with one of the children insisting he would only use his full name. I'm still gazing at his gorgeous face now 😻.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone have litter tray recommendations? Do you use ones with lids on? Or self cleaning ones?
With my most recent kittens I had a tray with a lid on and honestly wouldn't go back to an open one now. I'd say use a decent litter, even if it's a bit more expensive. I tried the Asda own one and it was awful. I've never heard of self clean ones but I'm intrigued by that!

Reactions: 4
Anyone have litter tray recommendations? Do you use ones with lids on? Or self cleaning ones?
I use one with a lid on ( and door flap) from pets at home I find this is enough and does help eliminate some of the smell ( not all ) . I also use wood pellets ( these cost approx £5-£6 for a 15 litre bag) as I find they are good at absorbing the ammonia smell and smell nice and fresh when it’s freshly changed . These last me about a week or so before I need to change his litter and wash out his tray. I clean his poops on a daily basis.

I have looked at those self cleaning ones and if they were not so expensive I would definitely give one a go. I just find it hard to justify £500+ on one which may or may not be suitable.

I’ll probably get a lidded one I think. I had a quick look at the self cleaning ones but they didn’t seem to have good reviews anyway. Already bought things for my future cats that I won’t be getting until the end of the year 😂 but litter trays were one thing I wanted to see peoples opinions on as all cats I’ve had previously just went outside

Reactions: 5
I’ll probably get a lidded one I think. I had a quick look at the self cleaning ones but they didn’t seem to have good reviews anyway. Already bought things for my future cats that I won’t be getting until the end of the year 😂 but litter trays were one thing I wanted to see peoples opinions on as all cats I’ve had previously just went outside
100% with a lidded one, i cannpt believe i ever had otherwise seems so backwards😂 cats prefer the privacy too

I just have a bog standard (sorry, no pun intended 🚽😹) tray and use litter from Lidl, but to be fair my cat rarely uses the tray. I'd say about three times this year. 99% of the time she goes outside.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Popcorn (post from last night) triggered something in me, a sudden need for a ginger friend. I spent a long time last night browsing sales ads for ginger cats. I found a wonderful looking boy, a kitten though not a slightly older cat needing re-homing as I'd been looking for. I'm holding off for now because adding another regular financial commitment to my life isn't sensible but gosh he's beautiful. Someone will be very lucky to have him.

My equally cat mad children managed to get involved and it was decided that the cat we are never to own would have been called Fred but registered as Frederick, with one of the children insisting he would only use his full name. I'm still gazing at his gorgeous face now 😻.
Ooh, this made my heart melt ❤
Your future Fred will be lucky finding such a loving family 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Ginger boys are the best 🥰💓

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.