The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Awwwww I was waiting to speak to someone who was doing my renewal membership,whilst on hold they had a cat purring and a kitten meowing,it was sooo sweet.☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Awwwww I was waiting to speak to someone who was doing my renewal membership,whilst on hold they had a cat purring and a kitten meowing,it was sooo sweet.☺
omg why cannot this be used for hold music, i wouldn't get so irate as i soend hours waiting for sky to pick up πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hey guys! Just after a bit of advice! We're thinking of getting a puppy to add to our growing tribe of animals. Have any of you guys introduced a pup to cats? If so how did they take it? Any advice?

Reactions: 4
Hey guys! Just after a bit of advice! We're thinking of getting a puppy to add to our growing tribe of animals. Have any of you guys introduced a pup to cats? If so how did they take it? Any advice?
My aunty has a Maine coone who is ruler of the roost ( and still is). She bought a cockerpoo last summer - she introduced them to each other . Scout ( the cat ) got the huff on with the new arrival ( Meg the cockerpoo) and he went awol for 48 hours. When Scout came back home they made a massive fuss of him ( lots of strokes and treats). Scout then ignored Meg for a while and after a few days he started accepting her. Fast forward a year and they are now the best of friends ( tbh Meg is a placid dog whereas Scout is definitely very dominant).
Sorry this is probably not the advice you wanted - I suspect you are looking for more practical tips. Just wanted to share the fact that it can work and to not be put off.
This is them on Megs 1st birthday ( taken last week).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My aunty has a Maine coone who is ruler of the roost ( and still is). She bought a cockerpoo last summer - she introduced them to each other . Scout ( the cat ) got the huff on with the new arrival ( Meg the cockerpoo) and he went awol for 48 hours. When Scout came back home they made a massive fuss of him ( lots of strokes and treats). Scout then ignored Meg for a while and after a few days he started accepting her. Fast forward a year and they are now the best of friends ( tbh Meg is a placid dog whereas Scout is definitely very dominant).
Sorry this is probably not the advice you wanted - I suspect you are looking for more practical tips. Just wanted to share the fact that it can work and to not be put off.
This is them on Megs 1st birthday ( taken last week).
Oh they look adorable! How cute!! No that is actually super helpful - anything that helps reassure is amazing. We have two maine coons x ragdoll mixes that both behave like little dogs haha. They're both indoor cats so I'm hopeful that would make things easier as my biggest concern is them just running off.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I feel like I am constantly talking about my parents' zoo (2 cats and a dog :ROFLMAO: ) but I think the key is , as the cat/s are there first you need to make sure they feel in control, and also just don't expect them to be friends really. They might end up getting on, liekly they won't, so just basically make sure the cats have the rule of the house and they don't have to be together with the dog and have places to escape to. After 1+ years my parents' cats sometimes sleep on a sofa together with the dog ( not next to each other) which is basically more than anyone expected

also to add to this, my parents' vet (who was just for the cats) when asked about advice, said "don't get a dog, just don't" I would avoid naysayers, they probably won't be friends but they easily cohabitate

I feel like I am constantly talking about my parents' zoo (2 cats and a dog :ROFLMAO: ) but I think the key is , as the cat/s are there first you need to make sure they feel in control, and also just don't expect them to be friends really. They might end up getting on, liekly they won't, so just basically make sure the cats have the rule of the house and they don't have to be together with the dog and have places to escape to. After 1+ years my parents' cats sometimes sleep on a sofa together with the dog ( not next to each other) which is basically more than anyone expected

also to add to this, my parents' vet (who was just for the cats) when asked about advice, said "don't get a dog, just don't" I would avoid naysayers, they probably won't be friends but they easily cohabitate
That's reassuring. Yes we've already got two baskets on our wardrobe that they get into if they are stressed or something has spooked them outside. I'm also thinking of getting some shelves put up in "their room" (not theirs but might as well be!) So they can have the high ground if they need it.

• Heart
Love that there is a cat thread. Everyone’s cats are just lovely.
Here’s my old man Dubs. He’s 15 and had been a stray in the street for a while before we took him in last year (we thought he belonged to someone further down). He loves being part of a games night and watching his fave movie Shrek πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
that one of him.watchingshrek 😍 my cat loves watching the cartoon version of the tiger who came to tea

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.