The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg, I was wondering why I didn't see any cat updates! Didn't realise there was a new thread!
Parking me here 😻😻😻

Edit: here's my girl feeling smug in her tiny box ❤
IMG_20220430_222725010~2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I didn’t know there was a cat thread ! Everyone’s cats are gorgeous 😍😍.
This is Freddy. 4 year old tabby who is a rescue and has FIV. He enjoys sleeping, eating and jabbing my head at 4am every morning. Couldn’t be without him though. ❤
He is magnificent ❤❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I didn’t know there was a cat thread ! Everyone’s cats are gorgeous 😍😍.
This is Freddy. 4 year old tabby who is a rescue and has FIV. He enjoys sleeping, eating and jabbing my head at 4am every morning. Couldn’t be without him though. ❤
He is magnificent ❤❤
Aww, hello Freddy! He's a beautiful boy 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
AD1E6542-0B00-4F8F-BED4-4FC71D7309E7.jpeg

Went to make my son’s bed this morning and found this little bundle fast asleep 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Looking for some opinions! Working with cats I’ve always found males to be nicer/more affectionate than females in general. Do people agree? Someone I work with said he’d never get a female cat because males are nicer. I’m looking to get a cat soon and I always planned to get a female but now I’m not too sure. I mean it won’t make or break my decision either way because obviously I know each cat will be different.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Looking for some opinions! Working with cats I’ve always found males to be nicer/more affectionate than females in general. Do people agree? Someone I work with said he’d never get a female cat because males are nicer. I’m looking to get a cat soon and I always planned to get a female but now I’m not too sure. I mean it won’t make or break my decision either way because obviously I know each cat will be different.
My cat is a girl and definitely not the friendliest. My neighbour has 5, 4 boys and a girl and the girl is the only one who's ever hissed at me.

I think ginger boys are the friendliest of all.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I've found it's a mixed bag. I had a female cat who was wonderfully affectionate, to the point she'd literally be cuddled up under the covers at night with me but I also had a female cat who was a teensy bit evil and not remotely affectionate.

I had a male cat who used to sit on my chest and gaze into my eyes. He was beautiful and I adored him but it was a bit oppressive after a while. He was the brother of evil she-cat. She chased him away in the end by sitting at the cat flap and smacking it back into his face whilst hissing every time he tried to get in. You'll be pleased to know he did find a forever home afterwards and is very content.

I've currently got two boy cats and one is really affectionate but not in a possessive way whilst the other is very aloof. That said, neither of them are lap cats which is what I've been used to before. They prefer to be lavished with love rather than actively give it.

TLDR: It depends on the cat

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ours are the opposite. My boy is very aloof and will only come and sit with you when he wants to. He's happy chilling on his own. He's not mad or angry or aggressive. He's just a grumpy kitty who is so old before his time 🤣 that being said if I'm ever home alone without my partner, he will come and sit with me.

Our girl is so so loving, almost too much. I struggle to work from home cos she constanty wants to be cuddled or on my lap. Every evening she goes to sleep on my chest and then ends up asleep on my boyfriends legs. Almost every morning I wake up spooning her (which is super weird 😆)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.