The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for some opinions! Working with cats I’ve always found males to be nicer/more affectionate than females in general. Do people agree? Someone I work with said he’d never get a female cat because males are nicer. I’m looking to get a cat soon and I always planned to get a female but now I’m not too sure. I mean it won’t make or break my decision either way because obviously I know each cat will be different.
...I've had male and female cats...the ladies tend to be a wee bit fiesty-er but can be just as affectionate...my pretty likes a cuddle but only on her terms!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thank you all I don’t think I’m that bothered about gender then. I was just going off my experience from work. We’ve had family cats before, one I was quite young for but from what I remember she was friendly, a male who was basically an outdoor cat he was a rescue who would only come in during the night when everyone was in bed and a female cat who was friendly and not naughty at all but only wanted affection on her own terms

• Heart
Reactions: 4
obviously it does dependon the cat bit in my experience boys tend to be more friendly (albeit less intelligent 😂) but apparently more than anything it depends on their colour

My cat is male and very affectionate however I have house shared with people who owned female cats in the past. One of them was OTT friendly and wasn’t remotely shy in anyway ( also very gentle) but her daughter was very reserved for the first months ( she was interested in me but didn’t really pay that much attention ). Then after about 6 months or so after she has got to know me properly she was an extremely loving and affectionate cat.

A friend of mine has also owned a male and female( not related to each other) . They were both quite aloof independent cats who enjoyed taking their holidays ( ie they disappeared for days on end and then stroll in 4 days later like nothing has happened) . Meanwhile all the humans are putting missing cat posters up and making social media posts 😂. So as others have said it definatley depends on the cats personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can’t speak for male cats as I’ve got 3 girls. They’re all very affectionate in their own ways. My old ginger girl can be overly affectionate, my little tabby is very gentle though not much of a lap cat, and my black cat likes affection on her own terms but can also be very fiesty. She’s an outdoor cat mostly though.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Looking for some opinions! Working with cats I’ve always found males to be nicer/more affectionate than females in general. Do people agree? Someone I work with said he’d never get a female cat because males are nicer. I’m looking to get a cat soon and I always planned to get a female but now I’m not too sure. I mean it won’t make or break my decision either way because obviously I know each cat will be different.
Our family had lots of cats over the years, both male and female. Most of them were friendly, affectionate animals except for one female who didn't like to be picked up. She seemed to be nervous around humans, we never did find out why.

• Heart
My two ladies.
Saskia the black cat turned up one night , had a kitten out the back and decided we were going to help her. We obviously did. Kept kitten for 12 weeks. Found him a lovely home. Got Saskia spayed and made her part of our family

Cleo, the tux cat , was found living wild. She was about 7 weeks when the charity found her. I just saw her on their FB page and fell in love. She’s almost a year old

They bring us such joy. I love to see my teenage boys with them. . first thing they ask about when they come in from school and college . .

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Catching some rays ☀
stunning! how old is he?
My little boy who is weirdly obsessed with this dog toy
Licorizia.jpeg

...I've had male and female cats...the ladies tend to be a wee bit fiesty-er but can be just as affectionate...my pretty likes a cuddle but only on her terms!
My girl (also black) is the same, her brother on the other hand is just a needy mess :ROFLMAO: (tbh if I was a cat I would be like her so..)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Thank you :) He has just turned 4. Your boy is gorgeous ❤
he looks quite small! I thought was maybe still a kitten, either way gorgeous ❤ (I am sure mine would appreciate the compliment but I know he alreadyknows how cute he is :ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
he looks quite small! I thought was maybe still a kitten, either way gorgeous ❤ (I am sure mine would appreciate the compliment but I know he alreadyknows how cute he is :ROFLMAO:)
I think it’s the angle 😂.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 11
sorry for everyone to derail but what is the toy in photo 3? is it attached to the floor or..?
The one where is he under the mat? It’s one of those da bird toys ( pets at home) . Although these seem to be rarely in stock these days. You can also get one that is similar off amazon . Both are about £10

the mat is just a scratch thing ( also pets at home). He likes to use it for “hiding” and also uses it as a kicker toy. Think it was £6?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.