The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm relieved to say that my kitten is not pregnant she's just a greedy, chubby girl! Excellent news. Now I just have to keep the cat flap locked until January and tie all my cutains up so she can't wee on them in the meantime. I'd forgotten female kittens have to be older to be spayed than male ones do to be neutered.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm relieved to say that my kitten is not pregnant she's just a greedy, chubby girl! Excellent news. Now I just have to keep the cat flap locked until January and tie all my cutains up so she can't wee on them in the meantime. I'd forgotten female kittens have to be older to be spayed than male ones do to be neutered.
I had never heard this about the age? All mine have been neutered around 3months male or female

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had never heard this about the age? All mine have been neutered around 3months male or female
Apparently it's because it's a more invasive op. They've told me they won't even do a pre neutering check until she's approaching 6 months. Which is actually early Dec not Jan so I'll have to query that when I take her back for the second vaccination. I don't remember my other female cats having to wait so long but that was over 15 years ago so maybe I'm just misremembering.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I think it's good for kitten to have at least 1kg for the operation, so it also depends on the breed - main coons and ragdolls probably reach 1kg faster than other cats as they're really big. It's probably safer because of anaesthesia?

When I got my ragdoll at 14 weeks she was already sterilised but she was pretty big already.

• Heart
A lot of vets will do it as long as the kitten is 1kg. My kitten got done at 5 months. Would’ve been sooner but it didn’t fit my schedule. Rescues get them done at 1kg.

Reactions: 1
The International Society for Feline Medicine advocates early neutering and there’s no scientific evidence to show it has a negative impact on health afterwards. At my work, we neuter once they’re 4 months/1.8kg ☺ I’d phone around to see if there are more forward thinking vets in your area that are willing to neuter your kitty sooner!

Source: https://icatcare.org/app/uploads/2020/03/CPCGsummary_of_evidence.pdf

My gorgeous girly snoozing on my lap whilst puppy snoozes next to us on the couch. I adore her so much ❤
my little one has started sleeping under the duvet next to me, I always tried, to no avail, to get his oler sister to do so, so i love it, so csy, like a little hot water bottle :love: tried to get a photo but being black he basically disappears :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
  • Haha
IMG_20221005_100452.jpg

excuse my foot but I can't believe this little madam is 12 weeks old - they're growing so quickly 😣 I've just emailed my vet about getting her neutered because she lives with her (bio) brother. I'll need to see what the vet says about her age etc, because she is tiny in all honesty, pics don't show how small she is but she eats sooo much!! I swear she could eat her brother out from under the table and she's still dinky? 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I need some kitty advise
So I have a 3 year old cat. Luxe. She was a duo but we sadly lost Luna. Then we got a kitten called Lilz. Lilz is now 12-13 weeks old. She’s very playful. Very mischievous. My older cat doesn’t dislike her. She tolerates her bur I wouldn’t say likes her. Luxe enjoys sitting on the edge of my bed and sleeping the day away. Whereas Lilz wants to prance about playing. A few people have suggested Lilz may need a kitten friend? The girl who I got Lilz from has some from her little and some that will be ready in November. Is this wise?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I need some kitty advise
So I have a 3 year old cat. Luxe. She was a duo but we sadly lost Luna. Then we got a kitten called Lilz. Lilz is now 12-13 weeks old. She’s very playful. Very mischievous. My older cat doesn’t dislike her. She tolerates her bur I wouldn’t say likes her. Luxe enjoys sitting on the edge of my bed and sleeping the day away. Whereas Lilz wants to prance about playing. A few people have suggested Lilz may need a kitten friend? The girl who I got Lilz from has some from her little and some that will be ready in November. Is this wise?
I would be careful as Luxe may feel put out at 2 new kittens invading her space, I had the same situation and for the first few weeks she basically tolerated her, after a while though they did start to play together, sleep together etc. Older cat still gets annoyed (often) but generally they are good company for each other despite the age gap

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My Nala, when she is cute! Not being a bird killer! I’ve saved a few birds but dread to think how many she has had! I’ve found 2 skulls in a flower bed… seems to be her bird spot!
E6E0F716-DD3B-4886-85DA-87E196FF154F.jpeg
554AFEC4-2C2D-4072-A21C-016E13B4FAC9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 19
my little one has started sleeping under the duvet next to me, I always tried, to no avail, to get his oler sister to do so, so i love it, so csy, like a little hot water bottle :love: tried to get a photo but being black he basically disappears :ROFLMAO:
This girl let's me spoon her when we're asleep and will also spend the whole night asleep on her dads legs/head/chest.

My ginger boy has 0 tolerance for this nonsense and sleeps downstairs 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
the little sticking out tongue!!! :love: black cats are the best
Never seen it mid snooze always mid wash. She is special in all sense of the word lol she’s out more than in, but when she’s in she’s very kitten like, loves to suckle on blankets ny dressing gown.

• Heart
Never seen it mid snooze always mid wash. She is special in all sense of the word lol she’s out more than in, but when she’s in she’s very kitten like, loves to suckle on blankets ny dressing gown.
My little one used to do it, sad I didn't get more photos at the time as he never seems to now! Apparently it is literally just that they forget to put them back in 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
My little one used to do it, sad I didn't get more photos at the time as he never seems to now! Apparently it is literally just that they forget to put them back in 😅
Oh bless, gonna keep lookin when she sleeps now lol she is 2 in November ish.
She does kisses too mainly when she wants me up to let her out at 2am! She nibbles me! She is the complet opposite of our last cat who was a tuxedo. ❤😻

• Heart
DD8B2B3A-61AB-43F2-B838-6278550502C9.jpeg
Thinking about getting a third kitten in a few months possibly. Been letting Parsnip and Freya into the garden. I tried to cat proof if but Parsnip can escape. Freya hasn’t tried and I don’t want her to go further than the garden. Parsnip I don’t mind her going further as I think she needs it. I’m thinking about a third indoor/garden kitten like Freya, as Freya gets distressed when Parsnips out she walks around crying which is sad so I’m thinking another cat will prevent this.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
View attachment 1658986Thinking about getting a third kitten in a few months possibly. Been letting Parsnip and Freya into the garden. I tried to cat proof if but Parsnip can escape. Freya hasn’t tried and I don’t want her to go further than the garden. Parsnip I don’t mind her going further as I think she needs it. I’m thinking about a third indoor/garden kitten like Freya, as Freya gets distressed when Parsnips out she walks around crying which is sad so I’m thinking another cat will prevent this.
It is a gamble though as to whether the new kitten will also be inside/garden as it is very much a personality thing, a better bet would be an older cat who has already had this kind of behaviour

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.