The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What cat litter does everyone use? Looking for recommendations, preferably clumping litter. I can’t find the catsan clumping litter I used, only the catsan natural but this seems to stick to my cats due more so wondering if anyone recommends another?
Also what dry adult cat food do people recommend? Will soon be time to switch my two from kitten food. I do have a bag of adult meowing heads good as I bought it by accident from Amazon as I didn’t change it to kitten. They are on purina one kitten food at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I was buying litter I was getting the sainsburys wood litter but Since Nala has been a full time outside cat I’ve but had to buy any for months, although still have a box incase. As for dry food she has either sainsburys or Tescos. I did have to but her some furball food the other month (in bed n csnt remember the name lol) I mix that in her food. She eats whiskers jelly pouches but as she doesn’t drink water I get a bit of water the pouch to ger the last bit out n she gets water that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm new to this thread, but it's just a beautiful place. I love cats (now) I was previously scared but a beautiful pure black girl chose me and I fell in love. That was 13 years ago and she's sadly no longer with us 😥 I don't live in the UK but I now feed the stray colony near my home. Again the black boy there is the one that came to me 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What cat litter does everyone use? Looking for recommendations, preferably clumping litter. I can’t find the catsan clumping litter I used, only the catsan natural but this seems to stick to my cats due more so wondering if anyone recommends another?
Also what dry adult cat food do people recommend? Will soon be time to switch my two from kitten food. I do have a bag of adult meowing heads good as I bought it by accident from Amazon as I didn’t change it to kitten. They are on purina one kitten food at the moment.
Ditto cannot find catsan clumping one anywhere!!! Desperately looking for a clumping one

Ditto cannot find catsan clumping one anywhere!!! Desperately looking for a clumping one
Some local shops sell Thomas litter that’s clumping.I used to buy when I ran out of my usual litter.

Pets at home and Zooplus Catsan clumping?

Not clumping litter my girls use Tigerino fine silica litter lasts ages and doesn’t smell and it doesn’t carry through the house. Tried the girls with Whiskas they eat it but the smell of the poop was horrible so back to As good as it looks and Feringa tinned. Crunchies down but one won’t touch them, and two eat human food if allowed.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don't use clumping litter, our vet told me it can cause health problems as it 'clumps' in the cats stomach if they ingest it when they clean themselves.
I use the one made of old paper. It doesn't really hide the smell but it sweeps up ok and my three seem to like it.

I have to writ it somewhere my little cat is sick, he spend all day at the vet yesterday and they found that he has a heart condition but because they dont know what to do with it he has to be seen in a different clinic tonight. Im so sick with worry Im so afraid he might not survive.
He doesnt want to eat or drink. He did want a few cuddles this morning. He is hiding in spots my poor little baby.

Vet said I could bring him in today if im to worried but that they cant help him more there so I rather have him at home and then tonight go to the clinic.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have to writ it somewhere my little cat is sick, he spend all day at the vet yesterday and they found that he has a heart condition but because they dont know what to do with it he has to be seen in a different clinic tonight. Im so sick with worry Im so afraid he might not survive.
He doesnt want to eat or drink. He did want a few cuddles this morning. He is hiding in spots my poor little baby.

Vet said I could bring him in today if im to worried but that they cant help him more there so I rather have him at home and then tonight go to the clinic.
Oh, no..poor baby. He will be more comfortable at home. ♥

• Heart
I am having this issue with whiskas! Think I need to switch as it's awful 🥲
I was recommended by vets not to use it as it is apparently really addictive fir cats, they getvused to it and often refuse to eat other foods (initially at least) I sometimes do give them it when it is all I can get, but I generally alternate food so give a different brand for each meal, has worked so far, neither of them are at all fussy (quite the opposite 😅)

• Haha

How is he doing ? Thinking of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
How is he doing ? Thinking of you x
Thank you so much! So he Does have cardiomyopathie however that not the cause of the problem. They think he is in pain so they have him painrelief and he has eaten a lot so I guess thats a good sign! He still isnt himself though.

They say he could also just have an injury maybe on his neck from falling or even a migraine so hard to tell.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you so much! So he Does have cardiomyopathie however that not the cause of the problem. They think he is in pain so they have him painrelief and he has eaten a lot so I guess thats a good sign! He still isnt himself though.

They say he could also just have an injury maybe on his neck from falling or even a migraine so hard to tell.
That is brilliant news. So happy to hear that .
I used to help out with a animal charity when I lived abroad and they always said it was a good sign when an animal wanted to eat and drink . It meant it wanted to live.
Keeping everything crossed that his recovery continues well . X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don't use clumping litter, our vet told me it can cause health problems as it 'clumps' in the cats stomach if they ingest it when they clean themselves.
I use the one made of old paper. It doesn't really hide the smell but it sweeps up ok and my three seem to like it.
The amount she gets on her wouldn’t be enough to cause issues I wouldn’t think - also I seem to clean it off her anyway. I tried non clumping but didn’t like it.

Yeah the only clumping catsan one I can find is the natural one but I much prefer the normal version. Not sure if they stopped making it as can only find the non clumping normal version. This natural one seems to stick to her more and is messier. I’ve looked in multiple pet shops (pets at home and jollyes), garden centre and Asda but can’t find it. Will probably try something else after I finish what I have. The cats best is ok but pretty similar the the catsan natural and it’s more expensive.
Some local shops sell Thomas litter that’s clumping.I used to buy when I ran out of my usual litter.

Pets at home and Zooplus Catsan clumping?
Pets at home and zoo plus only have the natural version of the clumping litter. I’ll try the Thomas one I think the pet shop beer me has that. And I’ll keep trying different ones until I find one I like.

73616716-C95C-4B72-A81E-F314E16D43B0.jpeg

Just got this hidden litter tray furniture thing, hopefully they use it 🤞 Freya was urinating on clothes, toy box and their tunnel. So now they have 3 litter trays all in different rooms.

Some more pictures of Freya soaked from being in the garden and Parsnip looking evil.
E3CA25FE-7200-4A78-BE06-2A83BB89B614.jpeg

E62C9B92-C75D-49D0-A292-C4E04425C583.jpeg

Also got Parsnip a tracker so I can see where she goes outside. Freya doesn’t leave the garden. She’s currently 7th/50 on the local activity leaderboard 😄
A63D55B5-8682-4590-A93B-80DB6F01242F.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
The amount she gets on her wouldn’t be enough to cause issues I wouldn’t think - also I seem to clean it off her anyway. I tried non clumping but didn’t like it.

Yeah the only clumping catsan one I can find is the natural one but I much prefer the normal version. Not sure if they stopped making it as can only find the non clumping normal version. This natural one seems to stick to her more and is messier. I’ve looked in multiple pet shops (pets at home and jollyes), garden centre and Asda but can’t find it. Will probably try something else after I finish what I have. The cats best is ok but pretty similar the the catsan natural and it’s more expensive.

Pets at home and zoo plus only have the natural version of the clumping litter. I’ll try the Thomas one I think the pet shop beer me has that. And I’ll keep trying different ones until I find one I like.

View attachment 1698737
Just got this hidden litter tray furniture thing, hopefully they use it 🤞 Freya was urinating on clothes, toy box and their tunnel. So now they have 3 litter trays all in different rooms.

Some more pictures of Freya soaked from being in the garden and Parsnip looking evil.
View attachment 1698744
View attachment 1698746

Also got Parsnip a tracker so I can see where she goes outside. Freya doesn’t leave the garden. She’s currently 7th/50 on the local activity leaderboard 😄
View attachment 1698753
Omg I would ve so curious to see this! Do you just put it on their collars?

Reactions: 1
Omg I would ve so curious to see this! Do you just put it on their collars?
Yeah it attaches to their collar. The one I got was around £44 but has a subscription fee which was £120 for 2 years (£5 a month I think although I couldn’t figure out how to pay monthly). It says the charge lasts 5 days I think. This is where she went in 24 hours so not far! You also get a profile, can add friends, have an activity goal and get activity badges.
EF33A8AE-417F-4BA0-AA2B-96B333BF184F.png

C58A8FD0-EE1D-4F60-BE11-E9DDCD4E7948.png

Oh and you can set virtual fences so it send you a notification if they leave that zone. So if you can see on the picture the green triangle is my house/garden/front garden. So when she leaves that I get a notification to say she’s left the safe zone then when she renters I’ll get a notification to say she’s re-entered the safe zone. You can set a few different fences. The one I set it says it’s too small so may not be as accurate as a larger virtual fence but it seems to work pretty accurately so far most of the time. Also if in my safe zone it goes into power saving mode.

It also had a light on the tracker (not very bright though) and a sound you can set off so its easier to find if your out searching for them. Can also track them if close by.

There is also a live feature so you can turn it on and watch them moving on the map.

I watched a tiktok of someone who does van life with her cats and she’s training them to come back when the sounds turned on so she can let them out where ever they go. Risky but I guess if it works it’s nice for the cats to get good exercise and time to explore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Yeah it attaches to their collar. The one I got was around £44 but has a subscription fee which was £120 for 2 years (£5 a month I think although I couldn’t figure out how to pay monthly). It says the charge lasts 5 days I think. This is where she went in 24 hours so not far! You also get a profile, can add friends, have an activity goal and get activity badges.
View attachment 1698839
View attachment 1698840

Oh and you can set virtual fences so it send you a notification if they leave that zone. So if you can see on the picture the green triangle is my house/garden/front garden. So when she leaves that I get a notification to say she’s left the safe zone then when she renters I’ll get a notification to say she’s re-entered the safe zone. You can set a few different fences. The one I set it says it’s too small so may not be as accurate as a larger virtual fence but it seems to work pretty accurately so far most of the time. Also if in my safe zone it goes into power saving mode.

It also had a light on the tracker (not very bright though) and a sound you can set off so its easier to find if your out searching for them. Can also track them if close by.

There is also a live feature so you can turn it on and watch them moving on the map.

I watched a tiktok of someone who does van life with her cats and she’s training them to come back when the sounds turned on so she can let them out where ever they go. Risky but I guess if it works it’s nice for the cats to get good exercise and time to explore.
Where did you get the tracker from? Been lookin for one but there’s so many! How big is the tracker once on the collar?
i would love to know where Nala goes, have a rough idea.
Seen a TikTok’ of a cat who goes for Miles n the owner had to keep going into fields and I get the cat sometimes just the collar!

41B4DCE4-3FB6-47B3-BE78-7AAC7B82270E.jpeg
Love that Nala uses her outside bed! It was more for the night and if we were out. But she chooses to come out
To go straight in here lol

• Heart
Where did you get the tracker from? Been lookin for one but there’s so many! How big is the tracker once on the collar?
i would love to know where Nala goes, have a rough idea.
Seen a TikTok’ of a cat who goes for Miles n the owner had to keep going into fields and I get the cat sometimes just the collar!

View attachment 1698875Love that Nala uses her outside bed! It was more for the night and if we were out. But she chooses to come out
To go straight in here lol
It is quite big to be honest but she doesn’t seem bothered by it at all and she’s not fully grown yet and is still pretty small, she’s 6.5 months old. I got it from Amazon it’s the Tractive one. Someone recommended me another one but it was not one you can see where they go. It was just one with a track pad which lit up as you got close. But that one was subscription free.
I was going to wait for Black Friday to see if there were any deals but ends up just buying it before.
The other ones I looked at were similar in size as well. I was looking at an Apple air tag but read they aren’t good for cats.

It is usually under the chin I use moved it for the picture.

Attachments

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.