The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just recently heard (from the Queen I think) which sums up pet loss for me.
Grief is the price we pay for love.

We get them for such a short time but the give us all the love they have while they're here. ♥
Lots of love and thoughts to you.
Thank you. I saw this quote today and it’s so true x

He is absolutely gorgeous ❤

My heart ❤❤❤. Gorgeous ❤

RIP Marley. He looks like a lovely boy ❤. I am so sorry for your loss . Lots of hugs and love coming your way ☹☹Xx
Thank you xx

I’m so sorry to hear that! Loosing a cat is never easy! My kitty recently crossed the rainbow bridge at 3 years old and what helped me was to imagine all the crazy fun things she would be doing. Me and the kids would say how she was stealing all the cereal milk now. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Your kitty companion knew nothing but love. She lived a life most kitties onlt dream of
I hope so. We loved him so much and we’re broken hearted x

Oh dear,I’m soo sorry,it’s heartbreaking.😢
It really is x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Loosing a pet is the type of ache in your heart I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I remember when we lost Luna my daughter was so heartbroken and she said “I wish I didn’t love her because then this wouldn’t hurt so much”. She’s 8. I explained to her, a life with no love in it, is no life at all. The quote from the queen is so spot on. I’m so sorry for your loss. But you experienced a feline love not everyone gets. That makes you very lucky and it also makes Marley very lucky too!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Loosing a pet is the type of ache in your heart I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I remember when we lost Luna my daughter was so heartbroken and she said “I wish I didn’t love her because then this wouldn’t hurt so much”. She’s 8. I explained to her, a life with no love in it, is no life at all. The quote from the queen is so spot on. I’m so sorry for your loss. But you experienced a feline love not everyone gets. That makes you very lucky and it also makes Marley very lucky too!
Lovely words. Thank you. He was definitely loved x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sending you so much love @Meringue22 🤍 I’m so sorry for your loss. @Justhereforthebantslll worded it perfectly, think of how much love you brought to one another’s lives - he sounds like a lucky cat to have had such a loving mum 🤍 I promise you it gets better, they never really leave you xxx

I’m currently nursing a lovely little stray at my work. He was found abandoned next to his carrier in a field, completely emaciated and filthy. It was so satisfying giving him a bath today and getting him all wrapped up warm afterwards in a cosy towel 🥹 I so hope he pulls through. There’s some bastards in this world - how could anyone do that to a living creature 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You all have gorgeous cats!

I was never a cat lover until we looked after our now 15 year old Tux for a relative and he just never went home. Turns out he hates kids so he stayed with us.
We’ve also got an almost 3 year old Tux and a 1 year old Tux.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I was never a cat lover until we looked after our now 15 year old Tux for a relative and he just never went home. Turns out he hates kids so he stayed with us.
Tuxies are my absolute favourite! I have a Tuxie girl called Susan, she's currently nestled into my arm. They are the sweetest cats.
AA377F10-7575-49C0-B611-7CCD5B373A1E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11

This!! I didn’t really get the love of cats. Like my girls dads mum, has cats and sure they were cute and I would give them a stroke but it was only when I got my first two cats I was like OOOOOH OK NOW I GET IT.

I’m also after some advice. Three years ago I got two cats Luna & Luxe. I was told they were cousins but I suspect they are more like sisters. They are house cats. From time to time, they would refuse to use the litter tray. Not all the time but there was usually always a reason. I have kids and sometimes they would post toys through the flap as my litter tray is one with a lid. Things like that, that made sense why they wouldn’t use it. Then we lost Luna and since then Luxe point blank refuses to use the litter tray. So much so I took her vets incase she was poorly. Vet said she was fine medically but grieving. When we got Lilz it has sort of helped her in her grieve. She’s still grieving but doesn’t shut herself off so much. However, she’s still not using the litter box. I bought Lilz her own litter tray as she’s too small for the other one and Luxe will use that once. Almost in a mark territory way. But other than that, she goes as and where she wants. Which is getting a bit frustrating. She’s just peed all over a bin bag of clothes that were about to head to the charity shop.

I know grieve can take a while, but any hints and tips would be appreciated. I’ve kept the litter tray brand the same, kept it in the same place. I’ve tried to keep everything as consistent as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This!! I didn’t really get the love of cats. Like my girls dads mum, has cats and sure they were cute and I would give them a stroke but it was only when I got my first two cats I was like OOOOOH OK NOW I GET IT.

I’m also after some advice. Three years ago I got two cats Luna & Luxe. I was told they were cousins but I suspect they are more like sisters. They are house cats. From time to time, they would refuse to use the litter tray. Not all the time but there was usually always a reason. I have kids and sometimes they would post toys through the flap as my litter tray is one with a lid. Things like that, that made sense why they wouldn’t use it. Then we lost Luna and since then Luxe point blank refuses to use the litter tray. So much so I took her vets incase she was poorly. Vet said she was fine medically but grieving. When we got Lilz it has sort of helped her in her grieve. She’s still grieving but doesn’t shut herself off so much. However, she’s still not using the litter box. I bought Lilz her own litter tray as she’s too small for the other one and Luxe will use that once. Almost in a mark territory way. But other than that, she goes as and where she wants. Which is getting a bit frustrating. She’s just peed all over a bin bag of clothes that were about to head to the charity shop.

I know grieve can take a while, but any hints and tips would be appreciated. I’ve kept the litter tray brand the same, kept it in the same place. I’ve tried to keep everything as consistent as possible.
Maybe buy her q new litter tray? The association of her sister in the old one might be distressing

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.