The share my cat thread! #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did wonder if that was the problem! But I wanted to keep things as samey same as possible as we’ve had a fair bit of change but I will try that! Thankyou!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
IMG_20220917_192405.jpg

not the best picture, but meet Roxy (little ginger girl) and Shadow (beautiful all black boy) they'd just arrived in their forever home - but were soon enough out and about exploring 🥺 they're 9 weeks on Monday. I'm so in love guys!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I did wonder if that was the problem! But I wanted to keep things as samey same as possible as we’ve had a fair bit of change but I will try that! Thankyou!
I have never been in this situation, but maybe even just buy another new litter tray (if you have space) and also leave the old one just in case she gets upset about you getting rid of it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have never been in this situation, but maybe even just buy another new litter tray (if you have space) and also leave the old one just in case she gets upset about you getting rid of it
Yeah, I’m sure I can find space. I mean litter trays aren’t that hard to squeeze somewhere are they. Bur I won’t lie, it’s broken my heart a bit more thinking about her having those emotions to a litter tray. Honestly, I never know what’s worse the pain of loosing Luna. Or watching Luxe so heartbroken.

View attachment 1585930
not the best picture, but meet Roxy (little ginger girl) and Shadow (beautiful all black boy) they'd just arrived in their forever home - but were soon enough out and about exploring 🥺 they're 9 weeks on Monday. I'm so in love guys!!

Ong!!! They are so beautiful! How cute.
P.S - as a mum of two human ginger girls and one feline kitten ginger girls. Invest in alcohol 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This!! I didn’t really get the love of cats. Like my girls dads mum, has cats and sure they were cute and I would give them a stroke but it was only when I got my first two cats I was like OOOOOH OK NOW I GET IT.

I’m also after some advice. Three years ago I got two cats Luna & Luxe. I was told they were cousins but I suspect they are more like sisters. They are house cats. From time to time, they would refuse to use the litter tray. Not all the time but there was usually always a reason. I have kids and sometimes they would post toys through the flap as my litter tray is one with a lid. Things like that, that made sense why they wouldn’t use it. Then we lost Luna and since then Luxe point blank refuses to use the litter tray. So much so I took her vets incase she was poorly. Vet said she was fine medically but grieving. When we got Lilz it has sort of helped her in her grieve. She’s still grieving but doesn’t shut herself off so much. However, she’s still not using the litter box. I bought Lilz her own litter tray as she’s too small for the other one and Luxe will use that once. Almost in a mark territory way. But other than that, she goes as and where she wants. Which is getting a bit frustrating. She’s just peed all over a bin bag of clothes that were about to head to the charity shop.

I know grieve can take a while, but any hints and tips would be appreciated. I’ve kept the litter tray brand the same, kept it in the same place. I’ve tried to keep everything as consistent as possible.
Firstly I’m so sorry for your loss, it must have been so hard for you all 🤍 Cats definitely grieve just like us and then any period of change can bring on huge bouts of stress. Have you considered that your new little one may be resource guarding? It can be extremely subtle with cats. Do you have the litter trays nearby to one another or in separate parts of the house?

I’d give this page a good read - International Cat Care is basically my bible when it comes to weird cat behaviours! 😅

• Heart
IMG_20220919_162143.jpg

Roxy has discovered she can get on the windowsill very quickly, while Shadow is just observing like show me how sis. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hopefully cat proofing my garden. If it works I’m hoping to put their litter trays outside undercover, as there is no where in the garden they can go. Does anyone recommend any litter that can be used outside? In winter??

Reactions: 1
Hopefully cat proofing my garden. If it works I’m hoping to put their litter trays outside undercover, as there is no where in the garden they can go. Does anyone recommend any litter that can be used outside? In winter??
I would just buy one of the litter trays with a lid, I have mine inside and use it anyway, the cats seem to prefer it anyway, a bit of privacy

Reactions: 2
I would just buy one of the litter trays with a lid, I have mine inside and use it anyway, the cats seem to prefer it anyway, a bit of privacy
I’m going to have a tray under a cover outside between the shed and the fence. I can fit their current tray in without the lid. So my plan is to build a little shelter for it to go in and then another one around the other side. Just don’t know which litter would be best to use outside in the cold weather. I guess I can try different ones if one is an issue. I’ll keep on tray inside as well.

Reactions: 3
Our kitty Athena is really poorly. I’ve just left her at the vets for an X-ray, bloods and I think an iv drip. She might need surgery 😢 she has a little round wound on her side, the vet said it could be from a pellet. She’s lost weight, her temp is over 40 and she can barely stand. It’s so upsetting to see, she’s such a lively cat and only 19 months old.
I just hate this waiting and not knowing what’s wrong.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Our kitty Athena is really poorly. I’ve just left her at the vets for an X-ray, bloods and I think an iv drip. She might need surgery 😢 she has a little round wound on her side, the vet said it could be from a pellet. She’s lost weight, her temp is over 40 and she can barely stand. It’s so upsetting to see, she’s such a lively cat and only 19 months old.
Sendinr you lots of hugs and well wishes! Hopefully before you know it she’ll be back to her usual self. 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

• Heart
Sending so much love your way, keep us updated on how she gets on. As a vet nurse, I promise you she’s in the best place and she’ll be getting so much TLC 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks for your love. She was shot by a pellet gun, one of my neighbours must have shot her. The damage was too severe and they couldn’t save her. We are distraught. Thor has lost her sister. She must have been in so much pain and neither me or the first vet noticed the wound.
I have so much anger for the bastard that did this, I want to rip their insides to shreds, see how they like it.
I will forever miss this little face ❤
F00E4DDC-3997-4D69-B77B-E166912BF050.jpeg
DA94E1E0-53E0-4C6C-8E46-E7871B57C3D9.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Thanks for your love. She was shot by a pellet gun, one of my neighbours must have shot her. The damage was too severe and they couldn’t save her. We are distraught. Thor has lost her sister. She must have been in so much pain and neither me or the first vet noticed the wound.
I have so much anger for the bastard that did this, I want to rip their insides to shreds, see how they like it.
View attachment 1601799View attachment 1601800
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Sending lots and lots of love 🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh my god, I am SO sorry lovely 😞 I can’t even imagine what you’re going through right now, sending you all so much love. There are some horrible sick bastards in this world, how could anyone do that to such a beautiful animal?! Athena was so stunning, I’m so sorry for your loss 🤍 x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Poor little love. I’m so sorry for your loss 😢 ❤

• Heart
Omg so sorry about your beautiful girl🥺🥺 breaks my heart how people can be so cruel!!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.