The share my cat thread! #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't share my beauty as I like being anon on here, but thought I'd share an embarrassing story. I don't drive so took the bus to the vets with my cat once. I had to carry him in his carrier some distance in between the bus stops. So relieved to stop and rest waiting at the bus stop. He wasn't best impressed being in it and then all of a sudden as I saw our bus approach I smelt something awful, look into his cage thingie and he's shat in it something awful, proper everywhere inside it. I mean id no choice but to board the bus home regardless, I was soooo embarrassed as we must've smelt😭😂I could not wait to get off and get home. Never again!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My gorgeous tuxedo cat Tiny Tim went over the rainbow bridge today. I’m heartbroken 💔

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Hi guys I know I’m derailing the thread a bit here but I need advice please 🙏🏼

We have a cat and a dog, both are very much loved but we have to move from our rented property soon (landlord is family friend). We’ve been told it’s highly unlikely we’ll find a landlord that will accept both our dog and cat. Property is scarce in our area and we cannot afford to buy.
I’m so upset as I think I’ll need to rehome my cat. I don’t want to hide him from the new landlord and potentially get caught and evicted which will cause more stress for my cat with another move.

I know a lovely lady who works for an animal charity and she’s advised she can help by arranging foster and then a forever home for him. The new owners would be vetted etc.

I want the best for my cat and I’m devastated I’ll be having to give him up. Am I a terrible person, does anyone have any advice please? I don’t know what’s for the best.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Hi guys I know I’m derailing the thread a bit here but I need advice please 🙏🏼

We have a cat and a dog, both are very much loved but we have to move from our rented property soon (landlord is family friend). We’ve been told it’s highly unlikely we’ll find a landlord that will accept both our dog and cat. Property is scarce in our area and we cannot afford to buy.
I’m so upset as I think I’ll need to rehome my cat. I don’t want to hide him from the new landlord and potentially get caught and evicted which will cause more stress for my cat with another move.

I know a lovely lady who works for an animal charity and she’s advised she can help by arranging foster and then a forever home for him. The new owners would be vetted etc.

I want the best for my cat and I’m devastated I’ll be having to give him up. Am I a terrible person, does anyone have any advice please? I don’t know what’s for the best.
why don't you try first? this is based on the prediction that all landlords will refuse you but you might be surprised and they say yes to both the dog and cat

Reactions: 4
why don't you try first? this is based on the prediction that all landlords will refuse you but you might be surprised and they say yes to both the dog and cat
we don’t have long to move out and there’s literally hardly anything on the market at the moment, I’m scared we won’t be able to find somewhere in time and be made homeless if we keep getting declined because of our cat ☹ I’ve been pretty much guaranteed by the letting agents there’s no way we’ll be chosen as so many people go for 1 property 😣

Why are places willing to accept the dog and not the cat? Either way hiding a cat is easy ( I know you have said you don’t want to but…) honestly if I were you I would just lie about it, it is very hard t9 find forever homes for cats, ecpecwilly nowadays when shelters are all so full

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I upset pixie. Her antlers came way after Christmas and I tried to put them on her and got clawed 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I upset pixie. Her antlers came way after Christmas and I tried to put them on her and got clawed 😬
I copped a claw in the neck today, I leaned over to kiss Pooh as he reached a paw toward me...I yelled when he got my neck skin and he shat himself. We had a cuddle after.

Reactions: 2
Why are places willing to accept the dog and not the cat? Either way hiding a cat is easy ( I know you have said you don’t want to but…) honestly if I were you I would just lie about it, it is very hard t9 find forever homes for cats, ecpecwilly nowadays when shelters are all so full
Thats what we’re going to do, I can’t give him up I love him too much. I’m going to keep applying honestly and if we still haven’t been accepted for anywhere by the time we have to move I’ll have to hide him.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thats what we’re going to do, I can’t give him up I love him too much. I’m going to keep applying honestly and if we still haven’t been accepted for anywhere by the time we have to move I’ll have to hide him.
where i live we're technically not allowed them either, i have 2 and lots of my neihbours have cats anf even dogs. not surprised you cannot leave him ❤

Reactions: 2
Have you got good references regarding the pets? If you do, or can have your landlord vouch for you, keep trying. A lot of places say no pets but if you have good references they will reconsider. I'm glad you are going to keep him. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.